Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 03-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Hi adleger...I'm the one that's been freaking about the catheter so I don't have any first hand advice to give on feeling like you have a urinary tract infection. I will tell you, though, that I just spoke with a friend of mine who did the same thing you are doing. As soon as she'd go, she'd feel like she needed to turn right around and go again. That happened to her for a week or so and then gradually subsided. All her "stuff" is in working order now, it just took a little time for her body to adjust to all the changes from surgery. You'll do great, girl. Don't worry about a thing. You just keep pampering the Princess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 04:23 AM

Thanks LoriGlory-

It is 5:20 AM where I am and I am wide awake due to having to go the ladies room so much!! Oh well Thank Goodness for naps in the middle of the day. I hope this feeling subsides. Also has anyone that did NOT have their ovaries removed still have some days that all you want to do is cry over the smallest things? I thought that only happened when you have a full/complete Hysterectomy.
Unread 03-11-2007, 12:37 PM

Hello sister adleger

I kept my ovaries but, after two blood transfusions and two D&Cs, I am so excited about my TVH and the prospect of never going through the blood loss again, that I have been very happy, even through all the pain. I am sorry to hear of your low times and I hope they pass quickly for you. The surgical process and change of our insides are significant. Whether we are having vaginal or abdominal surgery, my doctor said it is still "major" surgery. Our hormones are also messed up and that may cause you to feel sad. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better!

My doctor, a wise woman, also said that ladies who she sees go into surgery happy and optimistic tend to heal faster and those who go into surgery and are aprehensive tend to heal slower. So, I am really trying to keep myself optimistic through all the stages. Remember, through all the ups and downs, smiles and tears, and giggles and frowns, each day you are getting stronger and on your way to recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 12:43 PM

kittlecat-
Thanks for the support. I am actually having a very good day today. the weather is a beautiful 72 degrees here in Louisiana. I have been out in my backyard soaking up the sunshine and that alone makes you feel better. I wil get through this--I guess I need to just give it time. I get down in the dumps when my body doesn't look like I want it to. I don't have very many piesces of clothes that will go over my hips right now and that is frustrating.. Thanks again
Unread 03-11-2007, 01:21 PM

adledger -

I had TVH and kept my ovaries. I can barely watch tv anymore without crying at any commercial with animals or kids! My emotions are up and down, so I think it is just the fact that we recovering from a major adjustment to our bodies, and then not sleeping regularly doesn't help much either. I've also had problems with the peeing, especially the first week. It got better as the swelling went down. I know how you feel about getting clothes on though...I'm almost 2 weeks post op and today is the first day I got back into my jeans. I'm still swollen though. It is real uncomfortable to lay down at night still. I'm hoping that gets better soon! I hope you continue to have good days and enjoy the spring weather!

Unread 03-11-2007, 03:57 PM

adledger,

My sweetie made a good point last night in the midst of an attack of tears. This is "normal" and we're supposed to go through it. If you know that it is okay to cry, then it's easier to embrace. Let it happen and don't guilt yourself for it. I have found that the crying is shortened when I rationally tell myself that it will pass, and we'll be sharing a laugh very soon.

I think my mood is better today just for the fact that I am having my first-pain free day in months! The hot flashes are more intense today but I'll take them over pain any day.

My prayers for you all...heal well.
Unread 03-11-2007, 04:51 PM

Dear Adleger,
The tearful times are totally normal. Don't let that discourage you. I'm not frequently tearful except with a touching movie or book and was thrown when about 4-5 days post op I found myself crying in the mornings. It was about that time that a friend told me about this web site and I realized that it's not unusual at all. Hearing from other hystersisters seems so much more comforting than even friends or family for me. I think I was so focused in the weeks leading up to my surgery that other than on the ride home from the MD office when I found out that surgery was going to be needed and I had a good cry, I don't think I gave myself a minute to "feel". I was so busy getting everything in order. So.. I think for me the tears were a mix of post op physical changes, let down from the crisis being somewhat over, and the reality that I really am a bit out of commision for a month at least. It does get better. Just let them flow! Then do something that feels good-a warm shower, a special tea or treat to eat , a favorite TV show/movie etc. You will start to feel like yourself as your body heals. It's not an even course, today after a couple decent days, I was tired and crampy. But the difference is now I am not worrying about the pattern of recovery. Just trying to go with the flow and pamper myself through the less than great times.
Take Care!
Unread 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM

teacher30-
thanks--have a good week--hope you improve
I am hoping I will. I go for 2 week post-op on Thursday
Thanks for the encouragement
Unread 03-11-2007, 09:44 PM

Hmmm, I had a teary day yesterday too. I hate my stomach. 2 cs, and now ab.hyst have left me with a saggy overhanging mess. I am a young woman, and feel like I have the body of an 80yr old. I told my husband it looks so bad I feel like I never want to remove my underwear again (me being a drama queen instead of a princess!). I know it's early days, and I will still have some swelling...but it really looks terrible. I know I wont be able to go thru with another surgery to do a tummy tuck - so i will just have to live with it. I feel so shallow being upset about his...but I have lived with other disfiguring scars my whole life...now with my stomach looking so terrible, it's like the last straw.
Sorry to be a downer.
Unread 03-11-2007, 10:38 PM

Even the princess deserves a day or two to have a good cry. There's nothing shallow about that. Your tummy was just the easy target of the day. Just worry about getting yourself all better right now and think about that stomach later! Maybe that's something that you and your hubby can do together when you're feeling up to exercise (after your doc releases you to that type of activity)...walking or working out together. Just be positive right now and work on feeling better mentally AND physically. You can do this! Don't forget to pamper the princess

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register