Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 04-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Hi Girls,
Well I have been busy this week too--went to the zoo twice this week. Managed to walk the whole thing to boot. Just couldn't resist. First was with my nephew & the 2nd visit was with my 12 yr. old who just wanted a "mom & me day". We had loads of fun. I'm hoping to getting back to my house cleaning business the begining of May. I climb a lot of stairs with vacums & just don't want to hurt myself. So I have started exercising hoping to loose some of the weight that I've gained. The weather has been just beautiful here so getting out & walking my 3 miles a day shouldn't be a problem. I am so looking forward to that--helps clear the mind.
I'm glad all you dear friends are doing well. I pray that God keeps you in good health & safety. Prayers to all.
Sheltie Smiles, Husky Hugs & Kittie Kisses,
Chris at the Zoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 07:48 PM

Hi all,
So good to hear from so many of you! Sounds like we are all dealing with the better energy but varied levels of stamina. It is so comforting to know that since we are all experiencing some of the same stuff that what we are dealing with is just the next step on the "recuperation highway" (although the speed limit on mine is about 25-45 mph!) I have found that some soreness I get turns out to be some muscles that I hadn't used for awhile . I can now do most of my yoga stretches that a week ago could barely do. (simple yoga-I'm not into the headstand/pretzel extreme stuff) so hopefully you all will experience things getting better too.

ibeshoppin and angelika-thanks for the supportive words about the weight thing, I did get out my "points finder" list from WW today and did better being aware of portion size and drinking more water. I definitely felt better about the whole issue today.

viteacher- Isn't it amazing about the urge to nap still? I think any of these days since I returned to work, if I stopped moving , I could have easily taken a nap. Thank heavens for caffeine. Please take care and pace yourself as best you can this week when you go back full time. We'll all be thinking of you.

redhead56- I absolutely agree that it is often the choice between using energy for work or personal life but trying to do both, please everyone, is the point where exhaustion sets in.

Take care everyone, hope you have a good start to your week!
Unread 04-23-2007, 08:37 AM

Hello Sisters...missed you the past few days, but that virus took what ever little bit of me felt good and away it went! Up and @ yesterday - beautiful day here in CT - finally some Spring weather. All the windows in the house are open, fresh air and birds singing abound - it it wonderful and makes me feel alive agian.
Allot - I mean a lot - of pulling, tugging and ouchy feelings inside. A little concerned, but I am pushing the mark every now and again. Got the vacumm out yesteday, planted some seedlings, went to dinner with DH. Had a wonderful day.
Have not been talking the ambien because of the other meds I was on, and overall, sleeping O.K. , so I think I will stay off of them unless dire need.
Hot flashes and night sweats have gotten much better, I guess my hormones, Premarin 0.625, is finally kicking in.
Working half a day today and then this evening - I am going to walk the track with my gf. I too put on about 10 lbs. and I was already over weight to start with, so I need to do something.
Not sure if I am going to do WW or Curves? Comments please.
Hope all had a wonderful weekend. It sounds like we are all getting back into our lives, with a little adjustment.
I gotta run to get to work - will check in after my walk tonight -
Thanks Sisters - think about you so often - love to all!!!
Zella
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Zella, so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Today was better for me after just resting all weekend, and I managed to sit for most of the day through my classes. I'm not so tired tonight and was able to run errands this evening. Yeah! Everyone sounds so chipper, but is anyone having those emotional ups and downs still? I have to say that I'm much better than the first week I went back to work, but I still have my moments. I'm wondering if it is just tiredness, or hormones, or just adjusting to life post-hyst. I hate to think I"m just plain crazy, but sometimes I wonder... :roll2:

One good news, the swelly belly has gotten a bit better! I feel more normal, although still swollen a bit. Hope everyone had a good Monday. 4 more days till Friday! (and for all you teachers, somewhere around 24 days of school!) Take care, Jen =)
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:52 PM

Hi everyone,
Wanted to get out a quick update before heading to bed-long 12 work day..
Teacher30- I still do find my emotions a bit edgy-I'm ok at work but at home poor DH has to deal with me being over sensitive or witchy sometimes, other times it's sheer willpower and determination not to be in low spirits. If I think about something sentimental I can get very tearful very quickly. Nothing like in the early weeks post op but still not quite what I was used to preop. I don't quite have my real enthusiatic spirit back yet but I think that is because I'm using most of my energy for work or personal life activities. It does get better each week.
Zellabella-soooooo glad to hear things are going better for you and your sleep too.

Yesterday I did about 3 hrs of gardening at my dtr's house. Didn't lift anything too heavy but bent and moved in ways that I hadn't since last spring.Today I ache and am sore in every single part of my body! I am having real sharp pains very low center of my abd. Don't know if it's muscles or bladder spasms.
We'll see what some motrin and rest do for it.

Take care-hope your Tues is good!
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:16 AM

Hi Ellen54 and Teacher30,

It is strange but I was about to make the same comments re emotions. Over the weekend, I have been feeling very low and tearful about my past hence no message from me recently...sorry about that. I am finding it very difficult to fight it off. Feel a little bit better this morning but the dull weather is not helping especially after a glorious week of beautiful sunshine last week. I accepted how I was feeling and did my best to carry out with my work. So I really understand where you are both coming from. I am sure we will get better days again soon. Yes, I think it has a lot to do with the upset of our homones and the gradual settling down period. We will get there in the end. It is nice to know I am not alone in this experience.

Wow...Ellen54 you did a lot of gardening....mmm sounds as if you might have been overdoing it. It sounds like the muscles to me. I started doing a slightly more strenous form of exercising...using the legs, tummy and bum muscles and I felt quite sore last night but it is not too bad this morning. Hope it settles down for you.

Two days ago I was able to wear my jeans for the first time since before the op...such a good feeling. Up to now the waist band was too stiff to wear around my delicate tummy. I know how you felt Teacher30. Wonderful feeling.

Zellabella I am so pleased to hear you have now recovered...that's great news. I know it feels really good when you feel better...feel you can overcome anything life throughs at you. Sounds as if your treatment for HRT is starting to work well as I can see you seem in better spirits. That is great news.

Guess what girls...my infection is still not clearing...my GP rang this morning to say I need to take more antibiotics!! A different type. What misery....they make me so tired and headachey too! I just hope this is the last lot.

Well, my girls I am off to do some DIY work. I will be thinking of you all girls. Take care and take it easy whenever you can.

Love and hugs to you all.

Angelika
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:04 AM

zellabella
I am in the same boat when it comes to the weight issue. I have been exercising and watching what I eat and gained a pound! I am retaining fluid I guess. It seems like it just is determined not to come off. I have been walking 5.5 miles about 3 times a week. Pre-surgery I probably would have already dropped at least 3-4 lbs.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:26 AM

Hey Girlies:

I am right with you on the moods. Recently, I have felt like everyone has just sort of forgotten that I have had surgery. Not so much my family but definitely my friends. "Oh yeah you had the hysterectomy!" I am not the type to need to be babied but GEEEZ. They were all excellent but now....I actually had someone tell me that she was upset with me because I went and did my own thing. I went scrapbooking and got my daughter ready for prom. I didn't cater to her.

I went to Sam's, Target, Penney's yesterday running errands then a meeting in the evening. By last night my body was screaming. NO pain. Just achy. I need to get to the gym but how???

Zella, glad to hear from you too.

Teacher30, I find myself recooping on the weekends too. However, my April and my are so overbooked right now I am not sure how I will get it all done. How about the Texas weather last night!? yikes

OOOO and to insult to injury yesterday someone told me that this one yoga class would be good for me the MENOPAUSAL WOMAN!!! Ummm hello not quite there yet.

Margaret
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:34 PM

Well, I'm so gald I'm not alone in the emotional side of things. My DH remarked yesterday that he just didn't realize it would take so long to get better...ummm, ya! I think Ibeshoppin is right, others forget you had the surgery because we are up and around, but our bodies are still holding on to the memory. I just keep on reminding myself what my Dr. told me, that it would take a good 3 - 6 months to really heal completely.

Ellen54 - you sound like me last week, just overdone and sore! I hope you get lots of rest. don't forget, we are still Princesses and need to be pampered!

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:05 PM

Good Evening My SIsters! Thank you for all the well wishes.
I just adore this site and all of you - when ever I need to take a breath - you are my breath of fresh air! Thanks!
Teacher 30, Angelika, Ibeshoppin - sorry your emotions are see-sawing. Hopefully they will balance out for you. I did not think I was overly emotional, I thought I was doing better emotionally - but...when DH asked Dr. at the last visit "Do you have anything she can take for her moods, she goes from zero to ***** in 2 seconds flat?" - I wanted to crawl under the table. So, I guess my emotions are not totally in check either - opps!
Ellen54 - Gardening!!! It is medicine to my soul, I am so envious. Have not been able to do that yet, but acheing too. And from another gardener, those aches and pains you are feeling are our once a year "in the garden for the first time oches..." You go Girl!
Adleger - the weight thing is really starting to bug me. I walked with a friend the other night, felt wonderful. I have made a decision, I am not going to WW or Curves - I am going to start to get back to eating Healthy, and DH said I could join the YMCA here - (he must of felt sorry for me - maybe those emotions can work in our favor...lol...). The YMCA has a theraputic pool I can use and some easy classes for - get this = seniors... not that I am, but post surgery, I an blend with seniors for the next 4 weeks to get some exercise going. I know all I need to do is eat right and exercise and I will feel better and will look better!
Well ladies, I just wanted to pop in and touch base with you all. Have a great day tomorrow - half way point.
I will be thinking of you all - much blessings to you all!
Loves and Hugs - Zella

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register