Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Ellen54 sorry to hear about your gall bladder. Keep us informed about when your surgery date is. I go to an oral surgeon today to see what if anything can be done about my jaw, tomorrow I go to the urologist for a 2 week follow up on the repair of the repair "job", next week I go the dentist to start the round of fixing my fractured and shattered teeth and then on Wednesday I go to the orthopedic surgeon to see what needs to be done to my shoulder. I have seen more MDs and DDS' in the last 2 months than I have just about my whole life.
However, the recovery from the TVH is in the past I believe. Angelika, I need some gardening done in my yard, I am horrible at yard stuff, if the plants and shrubs cannot survive on their own they just can't stay at my place! I have been very lucky that the plants and shrubs are here in spite of me!
Okay, it is off to get ready to go to the Dr. and then back to work this afternoon. I only want to take a 1/2 day off. I will do reports this afternoon as I only see students in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Hello My Sisters!!!
I have missed you all... It took me for ever to catch up on all of our news...
Ellen54 - so sorry to hear about your gall bladder, prayers and blessing to you - for you - with you....
Runpleanty - pain free sex - oh boy!!! You go girl!!!
I think Angelika and I are having the same experience with sex - painful afterwards - Runpleanty, your just gonna have to do it more, to make up for us!!!! (LOL)
Acutally - the first few times we very painful for me, and I was very nervous. We used Baby Oil once - yuk!! The I bought Vagisil - Yuk too - and lastly did not need to use anything and it was Finally!!! nice again. It has always been "wonderful" and I was so afraid afterward it would not be, but know I know in time it will be "wonderful" again.
Zucru4 - housecleaning - I hired a house clearner for 12 weeks after my hyst. cause I know I would not be able to keep up with it and vacumming is a push/pull thing that still cause pain; but the housecleaner does not clean like I do and I get frustrated - I am sure you are the best - so do you travel????
Ibeshoppin - Walk America, Gardening - spill it girl - what did you do to make you feel so energetic - can I take what you have been taking - give me the detials so I can feel so great again too!
Teacher 30 - I will send over some patience pills and if htey work, send them back, cause I hear ya.... I said the other say - if they had told me it was going to be THIS LONG - I don't know sisters....
riteacher - You are not the old lady here, none of us are old - we are seasoned professionals.... At the Prime of Our Lives!!!

Well Sisters, been having good days - joined the YMCA - have been doing the sit down bike - 15 minutes, rowing thing for my arms that wave at you all on their own for 10 minutes and the tread mill for 30 minutes. Then I do exercises in the therapeutic pool and swim laps. Now, don't get the idea I am working out major here, it is the pace of a snail. Slow to start, but in time I will be working harder.
I tried on my jeans the other day - so sad - swelly belly still abounds and there is no way I could even get my jeans to come close to closing. I even bought a bigger pair prior to surgery knowing about swelly belly - nope they don't fit either. = Bummer!!! But Iread the Swelly Belly article here on this site and it made me feel so much better - so in time all will be O.K.
Just coping day by day sisters - and trying to stay positive. I find my sleeping is getting better and I am not taking anything any more - my hormones and a vitamin and maybe a motrin if and when I need it.
So - that is my story moring glories....
Hope this finds all my sisters feeling postive and good about themselves, because we are All Very Special!!!!
Blessings - Zella
Unread 05-02-2007, 11:22 AM

Hello My Sisters!!!
I have missed you all... It took me for ever to catch up on all of our news...
Ellen54 - so sorry to hear about your gall bladder, prayers and blessing to you - for you - with you....

Runpleanty - pain free sex - oh boy!!! You go girl!!!
I think Angelika and I are having the same experience with sex - painful afterwards - Runpleanty, your just gonna have to do it more, to make up for us!!!! (LOL)
Acutally - the first few times was very painful for me, and I was very nervous. We used Baby Oil once - yuk!! Then I bought Vagisil - Yuk too - and lastly did not need to use anything and it was Finally!!! nice again. It has always been "wonderful" and I was so afraid afterward it would not be, but now I know in time it will be "wonderful" again.

Zucru4 - housecleaning - I hired a house clearner for 12 weeks after my hyst. cause I know I would not be able to keep up with it and vacumming is a push/pull thing that still causes pain; but the housecleaner does not clean like I do and I get frustrated - I am sure you are the best - so do you travel????

Ibeshoppin - Walk America, Gardening - spill it girl - what did you do to make you feel so energetic - can I take what you have been taking - give me the detials so I can feel so great again too!

Teacher 30 - I will send over some patience pills and if they work, send them back, cause I hear ya.... I said the other day - if they had told me it was going to be THIS LONG - I don't know sisters....

riteacher - You are not the old lady here, none of us are old - we are seasoned professionals.... At the Prime of Our Lives!!!

Blessing All - Zella
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 11:26 AM

Hi - me again - post was getting way to long....
Updates - Well Sisters, been having good days - joined the YMCA - have been doing the sit down bike - 15 minutes, rowing thing for my arms that wave at you all on their own for 10 minutes and the tread mill for 30 minutes. Then I do exercises in the therapeutic pool and swim laps. Now, don't get the idea I am working out major here, it is the pace of a snail. Slow to start, but in time I will be working harder.
I tried on my jeans the other day - so sad - swelly belly still abounds and there is no way I could even get my jeans to come close to closing. I even bought a bigger pair prior to surgery knowing about swelly belly - nope they don't fit either. = Bummer!!! But Iread the Swelly Belly article here on this site and it made me feel so much better - so in time all will be O.K.
Just coping day by day sisters - and trying to stay positive. I find my sleeping is getting better and I am not taking anything any more - my hormones and a vitamin and maybe a motrin if and when I need it.
So - that is my story morning glories....
Hope this finds all my sisters feeling postive and good about themselves, because we are All Very Special!!!!
Blessings - Zella
Unread 05-02-2007, 02:20 PM

Oh, Ellen54, you're in my prayers. Keep us posted, sister. Same for all looking at a visit to the doc's soon.

I am officially a full-time mom. DH-to-be's mother skipped town without a hug or anything the other night. I am floored but have been so busy picking up the pieces and giving hugs and kisses that I haven't had the time to yell, scream or hit things. ;-) That's so not me anyway. I love you all for your prayers and kind words.

Many prayers in return!
Unread 05-02-2007, 03:47 PM

I had an LSH on 2-28-07 i am still in pain and also spotting. This past weekend I even took vicodin. I went to the doctor on Monday he said my cervix is tender so he is sending me for an ultrasound on thursday. My dr. found that I had severe endo when she was in doing surgery, I pray to GOD it hasn't return already. He did say that my bladder was tender also I am hoping I just have a bladder infection. But, I will keep you posted. Just know everybody bodies are different, I am 32 years old I thought I am still young this surgery will take care of everything it hasn't so for.
Unread 05-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Hi Ellen54,

I am so sorry to hear you will need your gall bladder removed...my heart goes out to you. I hope you will not be in too much pain afterwards. Life is not fair sometimes. I know just what you mean when doctors say you will make a fast recovery! I don't trust half of what the doctors say sometimes. I think you are so brave. Please let us know how you get on.
Teacher30 I worry about you...should you be having to take that many painkillers a day?! Please see your doctor about it. It does not sound right to me. Apart from the pain after the sexual intercourse which has now settled down I only take one or two aspirins a day if necessary. Don't wait see him soon if you can. Let us know how you get on too. My hugs go out to you too. Thanks for your kind words. Guess what my first check up with the Gyneacologist has been postponed by another week! That will be nine weeks by the time I see him!! Talk about patience and still not knowing if all is well internally. I am sure it is but would it would be reassuring if it had been examined sooner if that makes sense.

I have managed to do 8 hours of heavy digging and removal of large concrete slabs today. So far I feel okay. I was a bit nervous but I am sure I will be all right. Will be off to bed now...take care my sisters. I am so grateful we have each other. Means a lot to me.

Take care.

Love and hugs to you all.

Angelika

Runplenty..I am so pleased you are doing well. It sounds as if you have not even experienced what pain free sex is like till now...is that right? If so I am so happy for you. You deserve it girl!

Viteacher... please don't feel guilty...you have been through a lot yourself and you are as much a part of our group as anyone else is. I am so sorry you had to go back into surgery for a sling. I hope all is well for you now and that your mouth and jaw is well on the mend.
Unread 05-02-2007, 03:55 PM

Zellabella thanks for sharing your sexual experiences with me...its nice to know that I am not the only one. The sex and sexual intercourse was brilliant...it was only afterwards when I had the pain, and to lay still on my bed for at least a day then it eased up. My Gp tells me it should be okay next time! Lets hope so!
Unread 05-02-2007, 04:03 PM

Brownnd28 I am so sorry you are still in pain and spotting too...it doesn't sound too good. Lets hope it is not as bad as it seems. My heart goes out to you...keep us posted. Take care Sister. Hang in there.

Hugs and love

Angelika
Unread 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM

Hey My Sisters:

WHAT a day! My skin has gone into pizza mode! I went to the derm and she said that sometimes after surgery (especially hysterectomies) your skin goes a little crazy. Then as I am walking out the door all h*** breaks loose with the weather. I think there was a lightening strike nearby and a fire. Craziness. Finally stopped but looking a tad waterlogged.

Teacher30- I see we are sharing that storm. Hope you are safe as I see it is in the Metroplex. I too am concerned that you are still needing meds. What does your doc say? Are you counting the days until the end of school girlfriend?

Ellen54- OMG not gallbladder. You poor thing. I did hear from a reliable source that it is NOT as bad as the hysterectomy. (She had both) I hope that helps. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Zella-You are too funny. I have been taking vitamins. I swear it got me over the fatigue of the surgery. I still get tired but not that bone tired feeling. They are a little higher grade than the basic drugstore. However, are $$$. They seem to be working.

Angelika- I planted herbs this year. They are taking off. Have you tried them? What do I do with all this cilantro!?

I'm sure I am missing some responses, but hoping you all are doing well.

Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register