Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 03-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Thanks for the encouragement. I just don't understand the tears with me--I still have my ovaries. I heard sometimes they go into "shock" temporarily. I am more worried about my weight and shape getting out of hand. I know that is silly being that I just had major surgery. I just lost 30 lbs a year and a half ago. I have gain 20 back. Five or 6 since my surgery on March 2nd. I don't have much clothes that i can wear right now and I guess that is part of the tears. I try to tell myself I am swollen but the tears still come. I was a avid walker (5.5 miles every day) and now I am sitting on my rump. I can't wait to get released to exercise. Thanks again. All of the ladies help me to get through the long day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 09:28 AM

Hello Sisters,
Well, after almost two weeks post op, I have to say I am finally feeling better. The energy is in the mornings and after about 2 hrs I crash....oh well, I'm thankful for the little bit of energy I have. I had a TAH and the gas was probably the biggest problem for me but it finally worked itself out.
I also was a smoker and took advantage of time in the castle to quit. It seemed ridiculous to be worrying about cervical cancer while lighting up a ciggy. Anyway, I still say take one day at a time. I had my ovaries out and haven't had the crying. I feel a little blue at times but chalk that up to hormones (fake) trying to regulate. I have my two week post op check up on Thursday so am planning on discussing HRT options at that time. Peeing has gotten better too...I think between the swelling, shock and catheters, it wreaks havoc on our plumbing!
Hang in there, each day has to get better!
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:36 PM

I'm 2 weeks into post op for a adominal hysto ( kept 1 ovary and cervix). I'm feeling real good ( but of course tired) . I do however have ovarian pain in my right side . Jeez, after all this I would think I would be pain- free. Mentioned it to the Dr and she said it's my ovary begining to work again and to be kind to my body....anyone else have this feeling ? It almost feels like pms cramping....I wonder what that little ovary is even attached to now that my uterus is gone.

Let me know your thoughts
Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:47 PM

I kind of have little slight pain there. I am worried that everything is not going to look like it did before. I was very shapley and thin before all of this. I went to the Dr. this morning for a check-up and he said that I wasn't really swollen. HELLO...you don't tell a woman 2 weeks after that. LIE LIE LIE.... I just can't get over that my hips are 2 inches bigger. What do you girls think?? I know I didn't grow that much
Unread 03-12-2007, 01:40 PM

I'm in the same boat. Got my jeans on today to sluff over for my first post-op and they just weren't fitting like they did 2 weeks ago! My dr. said I looked fine too, but I know it's just to be all swollen still! Right?! He did tell me to keep taking asprin for inflammation, so in my mind, that means swelling, which means it will go down!!!
Unread 03-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Mine never told me anything about aspirin...you just take one a day or what?
Unread 03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Tah 3/1/07

Yeah, finally after 6yrs of problems I had my TAH on March 1st. without any complications. My pain was controlled with morphine pca...I avoided the sweet orange jello and orange italian ice post-op...so no N&V. My nursing work experience paid off....it certainly reduced the need for Q & A, however, my hospital roomates certainly would have benefited from this website...needless to say ..no rest during the hospital stay...but, as we nurses say....come in to get better...go home to get rest...and so, I was d/c on the 3rd, sat. and I slept for many hrs....my kids said 2days...I had frequent trips to bathroom...my bladder was not fully emptying....I had this problem with previous surgeries after catheter had been removed...but, simple nursing tricks work...it turn on faucet to see/hear water, pour warm water over genital area during urination, relax...and realize there is a lot of inflammation in the area....and if all else fails "smell peppermint", eventually this too will pass. I recommend also taking stool softners asap and if no bm within 3 days, try suppository.. you will definately feel better.. Sunday 3/3 moving a little better, still very tired...plenty of fluids, and ate healty foods...added vitamin c and zinc to promote wound healing. Elevated feet often...reminded children (teens) and husband of duties to be done....as the 3 D's are building... dog hair, dust and dishes. Monday 3/4 Moving better, less tired..husband stayed home to help...I'm sense him feeling overwelmed with my usual duties, along with providing "nursing care". By night fall, he is lying bed c/o abdominal cramps...ha ha...he doesn't even know
what cramps feel like! Perhaps, they are sympathy pains. post op day 4, tues everyone is at school and work. Peace and quiet! Continued with healthy foods, juices and vitamins...currently taking 1 percocet every 4-6 hrs and added motrin as needed. Increased walking inside the home...stopped and elevated feet when pain is increased...this cont. until 3/10/07 post-op visit. Had my "zipper" removed. I still have a lot of bruising, but, since my uterus was 4-5 months pregnancy size, it is to be expected....pathology was + for adenomyosis.
Well, made it through the weekend, feel stronger each day. I even made it to lowes and home depot briefly to pick up some things....but, tired periodically, thank goodness for the patio furniture display....I sampled a few chairs while there...but, it felt good to be out...even tolerated breakfast at a cafe. Yippie! I am really beginning to look forward to my time off, reading, sunshine and relaxation...and NO MORE PERIODS!
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:13 PM

adledger -

He told me to take 1-2 aspirins 3 times per day to reduce inflammation. Ibuprofen(Motrin, Advil etc.) has no effect for me anymore because I've been on large doses for the past 5 months (ablation in Oct left me with a chronic pelvic inflammation which no one can explain...go figure), so he said that aspirin works differently as an anti-inflammatory and would help me. Maybe ask your dr. about it for you??
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:42 PM

I might do that. I need an aspirin that will reduce the fat on my hips also. haha lol Thanks for the info
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:56 PM

Dear hystersisters,
I too miss my walking. I used to walk alot each day, do stairs at work too but when my uterus prolapsed a few months ago, it really limited that-was very uncomfortable cos it also sat on my bladder. I am not even going to try to get in my jeans until after I can exercise again after my 6 week checkup- it's cotton stretch pants from Wal Mart until then. Much more comfortable. I had a vag hyst but my belly is definitly more rounded than preop. I made the mistake of getting on the scale last week(hoping that my uterus weighed a few pounds!) but had gained a couple pounds.
Decided that I'm just going to keep eating healthy through the next couple months and then have all summer to exercise and watch my calories. I've been finding that after my am shower, putting on comfortable clothes(I am loving not wearing my bra while I'm home!), doing my hair and putting on my normal face stuff/ blush etc help me look in the mirror and from the waist up see the normal me. (then I take a nap!) Patience has never been my greatest virtue, so this time of a recovery is a challenge but... Day 14 is definitely better than day 4-9 so I know I am recovering each at my own pace-

Got a cute email from a friend today : "I don't have hot flashes.. I have short private vacations in the tropics"
(I must have been on that tropical island last night and will probably be vacationing there again tonight-thanks heavens for cotton!)
Take Care sisters!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register