Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Hi all,
thanks so much for the kindness and support. It really helps to know you are thinking of me. I have an appt with the surgeon next Wed and will know more then.
I am using all my positive coping skills to deal with this new problem -did a bunch more walking today-at work I do stairs and went out with my darling sheltie tonight. Worked on a quilt I am making for a friend -anything to distract myself-it worked too. I am sure it will all be fine in the long run... It actually has me not noticing the odds and ends from the TVH recovery at the moment.. nothing like a new situation to distract from the previous one!

I was so glad to hear from so many tonight and catch up on the happenings with you all.
brownnd28-welcome-we're here for you.
Sending caring thoughts to everyone. Hope your Thursday is a good one!
Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 09:20 PM

Hi everyone!

Ellen- I'm so sorry about your gallbladder. The thought of another surgery would be unbearable. Any strength that I have gained-I send to you.

Yes girls, that was the FIRST painless sexual intercourse time I have ever had. I had 3 surgeries before this (endo, cysts,etc) but nothing helped. I just made sure I had a glass of wine and got it over with quickly. This time, I actually cried afterwards. My BF was scared he hurt me and I had to explain to him it ws because I was not in ANY pain. He did say that I felt different, like there wasn't a barrier anymore. Imagine that- I was scared of shortening and he tells me it feels better for him! Wow, when the doctor told us after the surgery that I was really inflammed, we didn't know how badly. I now understand what I had been missing. I was so happy I asked him if we could do it again. He obliged-what a trooper!

I realize we all heal at a different rate, but I don't like hearing that you ladies are not doing well. I can't think of what I am doing different. I do take wheat germ oil for inflammation and high dosages of vitamin C for repair. Could the pain be coming from constipation due to pain pills? I had it for a week and my left side hurt so badly which emphasized the surgery pain. I don't know...but I'll keep thinking and praying for you guys!
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:33 AM

Hi Ibeshoppin,

I have had a look on the internet and unfortunately Cilantro does grow very quickly...it reseeds itself easily. If you keep the plant pinched back it will restrain itself from going to seed too quickly. It is a good herb for meals of all kinds. Also, it attracts bees too.

Hope this is helpful.

Take care.

Love and Hugs,

Angelika
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 03:46 AM

Hi Runplenty,

Thanks for sharing your personal sexual experience with us...I am so happy all is well with you in that department. When we have sex again I will let you know how it goes...the fact that I am still on antibiotics may have a bearing on this. Also, it was my first week of physical hard draft in the garden hence all the retired muscles coming into use for the first time just before we had sex together. I am sure it will be okay in the end. My GP did say it was muscle spasms so he may be right. Take care.

Ellen54 Please let us know how you get on next week Wednesday. My love and hugs go out to you. I think you are very wise, distracting yourself from the possibility of another operation. I would be the same too. Keep smiling...you are doing okay even though you are dreading the moment of truth. Hang in there.

I need to get ready for work now. We are having such beautiful weather at the moment...so unusual for this time of year. My partner laughed when he saw me last night...he is I looked like a coal man (woman)!! Every time I was digging the soil it flew up into my face!! Smile.

Take care girls.

Thinking of you all.

Love

Angelika
Unread 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM

Ellen54, I"m so sorry to hear about your gall bladder surgery. I'll be praying for you.

hothyssifit - I'll keep you and DD in my prayers. At least she had you to soften the blow. I'm sure that will make all the difference in how she is able to handle this. Take care!

Ibeshoppin - we had it really bad here last night. Several schools lost power and the HS had classes canceled. Everyone lost roof tiles, fences and trees. It was crazy! We were lucky, we got our power back around midnight. some of other neighborhoods still had power down this morning. It is supposed to be bad again tonight. Hope you all are safe there too. And yes, we are all counting down the days now...14 days, I can make it!!!

brownnd28 - Welcome! I had endo too, and am also praying that it hasn't returned so quickly. Please let us know what the ultrasound shows.

I'm so glad to hear that everyone else is doing so well. I switched over to Aleve and that works better for pain. I've actually not had to take any until bed time the last two days, so I"m hoping and praying that will be an upward trend. I'm getting really discouraged reading how well everyone else is doing and wishing I could just feel like myself again. If I had to go back for the BSO, I"m just going to scream! Well, thanks for listening to me whine! Ya'll might think I"m crazy, but I had to go back to the chiropractor because my neck and back went into a spasm, and I foudn a new one closer to where I live. I went to see him and he also does accupunture and said he could help with the hormones and pain. So I figured what the heck, I don't have anything to loose but my ovaries now! Has anyone ever done something like that? I want to say that is what has helped with my energy and pain the past few days, but it could also be wishful thinking.

Well, take care sisters!
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:05 PM

teacher30, yes-the chiropractor worked wonders for me! I felt so much better after two visits. Combine that with a good night's sleep and you will feel like yoursef soon. I was given sonata for when I wake up too soon. It's been a life saver.

Angelika-when I first tried at 6 weeks I also had spasms and became very discouraged. I waited until 8 weeks and well you know the rest!
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:15 PM

Hi everyone..we're almost at Friday yeah!
You are all so wonderful and your thoughts and good wishes are really helping lift my spirits. Thanks so very much.
Runplenty-it is so good to hear that you are experiencing a wonderful new part of you life with the comfortable intercourse. You demonstrate amazing strength and courage to have dealt with the challenges in the past years the way you have. Thanks for sharing your new joys with us. I am so happy for you! (and glad it's good for your BF too!)
teacher 30- wow, the weather sounds fierce for you. I will be keeping all of you in that region in my thoughts during this summer. I think the reason a lot of us are still having aches and ouches is that our work lives are grueling-being on our feet without a break,pretending that we don't really want to take a nap-muscles still out of the shape they were in before surgery.
Glad to hear that you only have a few more weeks of school. DH and DD both teach and are counting the hours til June! DD is going to be a nanny this summer. I have a feeling that school and her high school students will look good again come August.

Angelika-it's so good to hear the humor and joy in your updates! It's a good sign of our recuperation when our sense of humor is in full swing.

Take care !
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Texas Sisters!!

Texas Sisters, or anyone who can get here in Sept....check out the link below. Hystersisters is putting together a team for a 5k walk to raise awareness for Ovarian Cancer. It would be great if some of us could walk together on the team and put a face to the name. I couldn't think of anything more awesome! I signed up by replying to the thread. It will be in Grapevine on Sept. 29th.

I'm thinking positive that there won't be any more surgeries for me and by then I'll be back even better than before. Helps to have something postive to look forward too.

HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > NOCC - Walk for Whisper Teams
DFW- Walk for Whisper - Sept 29, 2007
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the encouragment Ellen54 and Runplenty! I'm hoping that it is all it is. It is hard to be standing, lifting and moving around kids all day. They wear me out on a good day! I hope that is all that is taking long to heal. Take care.
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:43 PM

Hi Girls,
Zella--I'm sorry but I can't come help you out unless you live close to my home in Illinios. Like I said I used to have 15 homes that I did every 2 weeks. One of my friends & I were the "main" cleaning ladies around. But she took on a full time "real job" & I have had such bad health issues that between the 2 of us we have cut our jobs down big time. I have 5 spaces open & 4 are taken. Plenty for right now. But if you were close I'd be happy to come help you.

My face has turned into a pizza parlor also. My chest & back are broken out also. I am so tired of looking like a teenager--I actually have more pimples than my 2 teenagers. Hopefully, this will pass soon.

I hope you all have a wonderful FRIDAY!!!! Blessings to all.
Sheltie Smiles, Husky Hugs & Kittie Kisses,
Chris at the Zoo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register