Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 61 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 05-03-2007, 10:01 PM
zucru4-DITTO

I am so broke out all over too! I can't believe this and haven't dealt with this in sooo long I almost don't know how except die of embarrassement like before!
I had a massage last week and didn't drink enough so it appears all the toxins have lodged on my face and back! OH SO UGLY!

They don't hurt (well, ok, only the ones I poked at)

I am still soooo fatigued at night especially and in the early morning hours unless I jump right into my day full force without the bed and heating pad calling my name! I usually go back to bed on those occassions and pray the children don't wake any time close after I drift deep into sleep! Some mornings more sleep than others!

Emotionally still remaining stable--sorta hoped for a new revised (me) you know one where the flaws became strengths!
Has anyone else "made a fresh start" after riding self of pain and agony after years and years?

I am having tingling in my hands and feet for some reason. They feel numb but tingly and at times that don't make sense no real reason for such!
I am wierd I will just admit!

Ya'll are a hoot! This sight is so awesome! Thanks for the words of wit and wisdom and watch care for all us "sisters". cheery! Hey and if any of you get to go to the run--have fun for the cause! Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Teacher30 I am so sorry you are having a lot of pain still...I hope it will get better very soon. I feel for you. I noticed Runplenty has had treatment with the Chiropractor and it seems to have done wonders for her...it might work for you too. It is worth a try. Hope the weather settles down soon...sounds bad! Take care.

Tomorrow will be the start of week 9 and I am feeling stronger than I have been in a long time. I am feeling good emotionally too...it is good to get back into work again. Of course I am still getting all the twinges and low pulling pains in places but it is manageable now.

I am a little worried about my bladder....I seem to have the need to go to the loo as soon as I feel I need to urinate. I can't seem to hold it like I used to and when I go I tend to have to push it a bit to empty the bladder. Maybe it is still very early days.

It is not quite so sunny today but at least it is not raining. My sisters I am thinking of you all. Take care.

Hugs and love

Angelika
Unread 05-04-2007, 03:55 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has ahd to deal iwth the breakouts. I feel so horrible about my skin sometimes, like I'm still a teenager. has anyone tried anything that has worked. I've used Proactive for years, but it doesn't help like it used it anymore. I tried thier "gentle" line and it gave my cystic acne even worse than before!

Well, TGIF!!! Thinking of you all. I'm going back to the chiropractor/accupunture guy tomorrrow morning. Hope it will help. I just about keeled over today at school.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend. Jen =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 05:20 PM

It's amazing how much goes on in a couple of weeks...... Now back at work, back to normal, doing things differently, etc. Even just this week, I had 2 workmates comment that I'm back to where I was 12 months ago - that's progress - and just highlights how things can turn around in such a short time.

Runplenty
It's great to see that you can get out and do so much activity. I've never been a gym member before, and now I'm on my 2nd month of membership. I'm afraid the novelty along with the return to nomal workload may see me gradually slowing down, but I'm sure it's doing me good. Swimming, small weights (I really am soooooo weak), and cardio-vascular. Feels great.

zucru4
I note by your sign off that you have some pets. I must say my 4 year old cavvy (cavalier king charles spaniel) has been a constant 'shadow' as I recouperated. She's got used to me being at home, and sometimes I wonder whether she has turned into a cat, always wanting to lounge around so close to me. What would we do without these little companions who are always there for us?

I wonder whether any of you are experiencing any lingering aches down low in the ceentre tummy area. I wouldn't call it pain, and it certainly doesn't stop me from doing things, but especially of a night time when everything else stops, the mild ache becomes apparent. I've tried some heat packs which help to some extent. I'm just concerned that it's always there. Any suggestions??

I must get back to all those pages that I've missed in the last couple of weeks. Keep well everyone.
Unread 05-05-2007, 04:50 AM

Bellatim,

Yes, I am still experiencing some pulling and lingering aches in different places especially as I am doing gardening all day every day at the moment. The soreness was bad last night and I just went straight to bed and it is not so bad this morning. I am just taking the usual painkillers when I need it. My friend had the hysterectomy and she told me it was a good 6 months to a year before the aches and pains stopped altogther. Hope this helps. Take care of yourself.

Hugs and love

Angelika
Unread 05-05-2007, 05:54 AM

Hi girls
Time for my catch-up read and check in again.
DH and I finally did "it" a few nights ago....am I the only one who kept putting "it" off ??? Anyway all was fine :-) don't want to TMI you all. But it was such a relief that all was in working order so to speak.
Have been having a lot of back problems still :-( physio, chiro...all helping. But in all honestly I think I need to loose some weight - I tend to carry anything extra around the stomach area (think barrel, or apple type figure). And also need to build up my muscle strength - core/tummy areas. So difficult, when you are sore to even contemplate it *sigh*. Still I am definitely improving all the time...and I know I will get there.
Have had a lot of patients at work come in lately and comment "oh you're back!" or "how are you doing?". They knew I was away on s/leave but not all the details LOL. It has actually been a pleasant surprise for so many to have noticed I wasn't there...or wish me well. Made me feel quite popular LOL...and appreciated actually.

Anyway...I will now go and do a read thru...

Take Care girls
Unread 05-05-2007, 06:11 AM

Ellen 45 - I was so sorry to hear of your gall bladder issues. I have a gall stone (1 large one) - but my surgeon said I could put off having my gall baldder out as long as the attacks were not too frequent...I hope your appt witht he surgeon goes ok. And please know that I am thinking of you with the utmost sympathy!

Teacher30- I would love to come to Texas for the walk ;-) but I don't think the finances will stretch that far after all the time I've had off lately LOL.
Unread 05-05-2007, 07:08 AM

Hey Girlies:

Hope you are all doing well!

Teacher30 - I would love to Walk. It is about two hours from here on I20 to get to the Dallas/FW area. How long is the walk? Thankfully they are doing it in Sept and not in the middle of August. I drove through Dallas last summer and looked up at the temp -109 baby!

I went to the Derm for all of you who are breaking out. She said that the body just goes a little crazy after a hysterectomy even if you do keep your ovaries. Ummm no kidding. I am using Metrogel. It is a prescription and it seems to be working. I am also using a line of from the derm called Obagi. It has done wonders for my skin. It is expensive. I was just so **** tired of fighting acne at 46 year old!!!!!!!

I am still dealing with my short fuse. My patience is gone. I never was a very patient person. Type A I would guess. However, post hysterectomy I seem to be really bad. Has anyone else dealt with that? So in short what a lovely person I have become....annoyed, with acne and needing to lose a few lbs. What is next, chin hair????????

Marg
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:12 AM

Teacher30, I am in Houston and have not a clue as to where Grapevine is at. I have been in Texas for ages and I only fly over Texas to get to places that are cooler! I love to walk. Are they doing this statewide or just in your area. I guess I need to get busy as I have been trying to find a low airfare for my son to get to his wife. He is in the Navy and is stationed in San Diego and his wife has been staying at her house in RI. He is surprising her and then they will fly back to SD together. Of course he needed help with his ticket. THey are on their own for the two of them! Have a nice weekend everyone. I only have DDS and one surgeon appointment left until the round starts all over again this summer!
Unread 05-05-2007, 04:19 PM

ibeshoppin and viteacher- the thread said it was a 5k. If you go to the thread and post a reply that you are intersted, they said they will send more info as the time draws nearer. I figure this is good incentive for me to get excercising again - knowing I have to make it 5k! And they say it is supposed to be a hot summer again this year, so hopefully it won't spill into Sept. the first year I moved down here there was over 110 degree heat for 30 days in a row! I thought I'd died and gone to hell! viteacher, Grapevine is about an hour drive from where I am in North Dallas. It is close to DFW airport if that helps. That would be great if we join the team. When I replied to the thread they had some people already signed up...

bellatim - Gald to hear that you have made it back to work and are doing good! I get real achy like you described as well. Sometimes by early afternoon it gets bad and I have to take aleve or 800mg advil to keep on my feet for my afternoon classes (they are my toughest kids). Lately, I've been going to a chiropractor and I've been able to make it till 9:00 - 10:00 at night before I start to feel that bad. Hope you continue to do well!

olivegrove - glad that you are doing good too! It is nice to feel apprecaited when you make it back to work!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register