Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 03-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

OliveGrove,
I had a TAH-BSO on March 2, and even though I'm on the slender side, my belly is very swollen and misshapen, with a big roll pouching out above the incision. Today I decided to switch from the granny panties to the control panties. What a difference. It looks and feels much better. Yesterday I tried going off the Vicodin and only using Motrin, but by the end of the day I felt terrible. Hopefully I will be "turning the corner" on pain soon.
Sitting is hard for me, too, especially at the computer. Maybe it's my chair height or posture. I can last about 30 minutes.
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 11:12 AM

Hi All! had my TAH/BSO on 2/28 - have not been able to take pain meds at all. Just Motrin and Tylenol Ex/ Strength - allot of buring sensation, gas pains are horrendous! Can sit at the computet for anout an hour or so at most, chairs are O.K. as long as they are not low and squishy. Abdominal bloating is terrible... and the sharp pain when I over do it is also there. Sleeping is terrible for me, can not get comfortable and the pain seems to worsen at night... but, all in all, would not turn the clock back - i know it will be better day by day!!!
Unread 03-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Me Again Sisters...from reading the posts I am learning that an TAH vs a TVH is VERY different in recovery... but all my other sisters who had a TAH seem to be on the same schedule with pain and recovery as i am, and that is making me feel so much better... Thanks all - I could NOT have MADE IT THROUGH with out my HysterSisters!!!! If my DH asks me a quesitons I will answer him by saying, I checked the web site - this is normal, that is normal, or no, this is not, I need to call DR..... Love yous!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Olivegrove- My TAH was 2/27. I find that I have to change positions freguently. Sitting, lounging on my side, etc. If I am in one poisition too long I start feeling pain on the right side. I too am having some back aches...again when I'm in one posistion too long.
Everyone says I'm actiong like a caged animal and always moving!
I got out for the first time on Sat to go to lunch with family that came for a visit. I was really tired afterwards but the mental health benefits were worth it!
Unread 03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
2 week post-op

Hi sister's! I am so glad to hear that many of you are "turning the corner". I wanted to post and let you all know that I had my 2 week post-op today. I was released to drive and to go back to activities (except sex) as I feel comfortable. He said "If it hurts, stop!"

He even said I could TRY Pilates. There is a class at the YMCA tomorrow and I'm thinking about giving it a try. I'm a little scared though. Have any of you done any kind of exercise yet? I guess I thought I would go with the intention of only doing the easier stuff and not doing as many reps.

Hope we all continue ot heal well
Hugs
Teench
Unread 03-13-2007, 03:12 PM

I am just sticking to walking right now. Anything to keep to weight off but not too stressful yet. I am afraid I will pull something. I will be 2 weeks Friday
Unread 03-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Dear sisters,
Post op day 15/TVH. Definitely agree that I too am seeing an improvement in comfort, gas, energy than several days ago. I drove a couple days ago up to the bank and fast food drive thru and really was pooped and crampy when I got home. This afternoon , I did the same trip and felt much more normal. I don't have my checkup until 3/28 so I'm just going to start with some short walks. I am going out Wed eve for about 2 hours to a women's group I belong to. I agree that the hardest thing over these next few weeks will be not overdoing. The post op checkpoint pages have been so helpful. This web site has been the best thing-I am telling everyone about it. Take care - remember it's still ok to pamper ourselves. We just had major surgery!
Unread 03-13-2007, 03:50 PM

I did Pilates a few year back at a gym we were going to...it just about killed me! I wouldn't be brave enough to try it again for awhile. I'm sticking to walking for now too. Made it past the stop sign at the street corner today so I was happy for that. I still feel bad in the late afternoons/evening though. Anybody else like this?! I was feeling so great this morning, did some laundry, took a walk, checked in on my computer at work, then about 3:00 it hit me, my mind turned to mush, couldn't remember a thing, I felt sick, and all I could do was sit down. Ugh! Guess still have to take it real easy.
Unread 03-13-2007, 04:15 PM

Hey this may be a goofy question, but what is a DH?

And it's so wonderful to know we're all in this boat together. I have slept most of today away because I did too much yesterday. We were going to go for a walk this afternoon but t-storms have moved in.

Praying for you all!
Unread 03-13-2007, 05:10 PM

I'm guessing "Dear Husband" but don't have a clue. Guess you could replace the D with anything you like... dopey, dreamy, dufus

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register