Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Unread 03-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

I went to Wal-Mart by myself yesterday. Big mistake. I got real dizzy and got scared. I was in mild pain for some time after I arrived home. I have felt yucky all day today. No matter how great you think you are feeling don't over do it!!!!!! You will pay for it dearly. Hugs and Prayers to all, Purplepink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2007, 07:04 PM

I have been doing too much also. My surgery was 2-15-2007. LAVH, BSO, and Prolapse repair . I also felt dizzy and some pain after being on my feet for 5 hours. I have to be more careful.
I start to feel quite well, and sometimes forget about the surgery.
Take Care, hope you're feeling better
Unread 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM

Over 2 weeks post of & just wondering if anyone else's abdomen is still so sore. By the end of the day I can't even stand to wear underwear or pants as the pressure (even though they are huge & loosefitting) really is uncomfortable. And if I accidently brush it lightly or touch it - it really hurts. Anyone else experiencing this & anyone know how long this goes on?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 07:40 AM

Yesterday was probably my worst-pain-since-coming-home day. I've noticed that my incision and the surrounding areas are no longer "numb" from the surgery and since there's now some feeling it's coming in the form of pain! Yikes!!! I called the doc on this and that was her opinion, too. I'd been off my pain meds for 3 days, but had to take them again yesterday. It seems like 2 steps forward, 1 step back with this thing. Oh, well.

I've been given the go-ahead to drive, but haven't yet done so. I have a 16 year old son that just got his license in January so he's happy to chauffer mom around. Besides, I don't think with still taking narcotics I want to chance it.

Other than the pain, I'm doing fairly well. Still seem to be sleeping alot during the day, though. If I do one little "chore", like folding 2 baskets of laundry, I'm down for about 2 hours. Then up to do more and down again.

I'm scheduled to go back to work on March 14th. I'm getting nervous. I am an accompanist at a high school. (Basically, I play the piano for all the choirs.) It's what most would consider a 'sit down' job, but there's oh so much more. I hope the students understand I won't be bounding off the piano bench to help them with stuff for a while.

Hope everyone has a great day and is healing well.
Unread 03-02-2007, 07:48 AM

Went out to lunch yesterday with a girlfriend and Boy was I wiped out by the time I came home.Except for the mild infection at the bottom of my incision,it hasn't been so bad.This week would have been the time I would be having the CURSE and I am so happy that this is over.I just have to not over do things and I'll be fine
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:48 AM

That's what I'm having the most trouble with, too. I feel pretty good, then do something and it wipes me out! Even though what I'm doing isn't that major!!

Good luck to all - and let's remember to R-E-S-T!!!!
Unread 03-02-2007, 08:46 PM

I have found also that energy easily runs out just by doing the simplest things. It really does get so frustrating as the brain seems to kid me in to thinking that I can keep going I really have to listen to my body.
I went to grocery store today with the other half, talk about brain fog even though I had a list I still struggled to concentrate . Seems to be worst also when there are alot of people around it justs tires me out . I guess we all forget we have just had major surgery and it is going to take awhile for our bodies to return to it's normal energy level.
Take care everyone.
Kat
Unread 03-02-2007, 09:23 PM

I had my surgery on February 13th and it was not what I expected! From a 2 hour operation it went to 4 hours due to complications and I lost blood to boot to make things worst. I did go home after 5 days, however from the time I came home I felt I had no energy and couldn't eat. By my fifth day home I went into convulsions due to high fever (41). My husband took me into emergency and the catscan showed pools of blood beside my spleen and they proceeded to insert a tube to drain the blood that was infected. I was back on morphine and going thru alot of pain. After 6 days I came home with antibiotic pills to clear some of blood still in my abdomen. I still feel very week and tired.
I had quite the scare and still am very nervous. Your site and all the experience everyone is having helps me. I let you know as I get better.
Unread 03-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Question to everyone. Has anyone had this happen to them. You feel like you need to go to the bathroom. You go and you still feel pressure after you are finished. I seem to be going to the bathroom more and more since surgery. Is this normal? Or does this have something to do with the fact of things being moved around in the abdomen? (I had the obdomenal surgery)
Unread 03-03-2007, 03:48 PM

Hello sisters, Had my TAH w/BSO two weeks ago. Every thing went well for me. The worst pain was day 2 and I waited too long to take pain meds. I went in on Friday and got out on Sunday, I haven't had to take anything more than ibuprofen since, Lucky Me!! I listen pretty carefully to my body, fatigue and pain mean take it easier. I had some weird post op dreams and some anxious moments when by myself the first couple days when DH went off to work. Keeping busy knitting and reading, I walk everyday Have had night sweats and some tearful days. I'm so glad the surgery is over and the healing has begun, looking forward to LIFE...Hope all is well with you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register