Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Unread 03-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

This is the first time on my computer since my return home from the hospital (even tho its on my laptop in bed ) I had an emergency hysto on 2 12 07 they spared my cervix and ovaries I guess cause they could..I was not prepared in any way for all the changes I am now dealing with prior to 2 12 I was pregnant with twins complicated with a massive fibroid that caused me to bleed and be on bedrest early on in the pregnance I carried for 17 weeks then went into labor hard and fast with little to no breaks in the contractions we dilivered both babies 10 mins apart and gave them to Jesus then I hemoraged horribly needing blood transfusions and a emergency hysto that landed me in the ICU for 5 days due to blood loss and etc what a ride 10 days later I was sent home with my family to mend in all the ways that every one of us need to mend I thank God for all the miracles enplaced that allowed me to be able to be home I know that my twin babies are at peace in his care as I am but I still miss them and dont want to forget them I am walking with a walker and sitting for a bit in a chair Mon I go for blood work to see if I need another transfussion God will give me and all of us who has had to go threw this kind of thing the strength to heal in all the ways we need healing I know this because each day I am able to do a little bit more I do have a little question before I end tho...I have read a little on here in regards to phantom cramps but has anyone had phantom cramps with or phantom labor pains I know it sounds silly but even in ICU I expierenced pains so badly that it affected my vitals... concerened as to how long these kind of pains will come back...healing in pa prayers and hugs for all of us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2007, 09:03 PM

I had a vhs feb. 16th. My pain and bleeding have been present since the day of the surgery. Sure, they get better, but then it seems to get worse. My problem seems to be my 18 month old who is in need of attention. I have help, but sometimes it has to be me to take care of him. I feel tired alot, and have taken pain meds off and on since the surgery. Going to the bathroom is like pure hell, but things are moving. My doc has already had to cauterize an incision, which hurt for a couple of days afterwards. I am home with my two children by myself tonight, and feel like dirt. I just want the pain, bleeding and tiredness to go away. I am supposed to return to work next week!
Has anyone else felt like this?
Unread 03-03-2007, 11:54 PM

I had a TVH (Left ovary removed) on 13 Feb. My surgery was "textbook", according to my surgeon. I was released the following day with normal Post op guidelines. On Feb 22nd, 9 days after surgery, I woke up with severe abdominal pain. I called my surgeon, who was leaving for the day (at 9am, after having been up all night with deliveries). She recommended I come in to see another OB/Gyn in her office. At 3:30 that afternoon, the other Dr did a vaginal exam, saw no obvious signs of infection, and because I had no fever, determined it was the prunes I had eaten 2 days earlier to help relieve the constipation that was "upsetting my stomach". He did however, send me down for some blood work and told me to call him in 45 minutes. Of course, at 4:45 in the afternoon, there was no answer.
At 8:30 that evening, my dh had to call an ambulance to have me transported back to the hospital. Although I STILL had no fever, I had a white blood count of 23,000 (normal being 8-10,000). (It was 14,000 at 4pm, which the doctor I saw never checked). I was immediately admitted and the next morning my original surgeon came in and performed an abdominal surgery to clean out the abscess in my pelvic area. I spent another week in the hospital, and was finally released on 03/02. I have been home for 2 days now, and beginning recovery all over again. Although I am almost 3 weeks post op from my hysterectomy, I am just over 1 week post op from an abdominal surgery to clean out the infection.
I hope everyone else is starting to feel better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2007, 08:40 AM

Sorry for all the sisters that are having bad experiences. Knock on wood I think my bad experience so far is done - hope I don't jinx myself. Went out to a movie & dinner yesterday and although tired I think it went really well. I feel pretty good today so will try another trip out, I have not driven yet as feel I'm still not ready for that. Sitting in an upright position for too long starts to be painful so reclining back alittle helps. Abdomen still swollen and really sore to the touch and discharge is minimal. I am getting frustrated on my lack of bladder control though, I never had this problem before surgery so hoping my body is just healing and this will not become a permanent problem since I had no bladder repairs done just scrapping of some endo off of it. Keep resting everyone
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:17 AM

So sorry you had another surgery shdsgrl ! I too was re-admitted to the hospital via the ER for a pelvic abscess! I was luckier than you though and did not have another surgery. Just 3 days in the hospital with IV antibiotics. Nobody ever told me what my white cell count was but boy was I SICK!!!! I had a blood culture, pelvic exam (which was heck because I had a TLAVH) and a scraping of my abdomen wall done. I feel like I was left out about my diagnosis though. Nobody really told me how or why this happened! I see the Dr. Thursday. If you wouldn't mind, maybe you could write me back about your experience. I sure would appreciate hearing from someone that this happened to as well. Hope you are feeling better. I am getting there slowly. Thanks and prayers, Dianne
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:31 AM

All I can remember from my Demorol Stupor is something about my small bowel folding over into my "cuff" and an infection forming behind it. They did what they called a "Pelvic Wash out" (I keep picturing a hose and a car wash). I know they tested the infection to find out what kind of bacteria it was so they knew what kind of antibiotic to give me. My Dr. said I had numerous kinds of bacteria, just a little bit of everything. So they had to put me on 2 very strong IV Antibiotics, and after my blood count finally hit normal (a week later), the let me come home with the Oral Antibiotics. It's been 10 days since that surgery, but I find myself so scared to relax and think I'm on the road to recovery, because I THOUGHT I was before, and 9 days after my hysterectomy is when the Infection hit me (WHICH< they also told me is a little unusual, the Dr said that normally a Post-Op infection will hit you 4-6 days Post-Op).
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:56 AM

Glad to hear you two are now on the mend. My DH keeps reminding me that this is a BIG DEAL and not to worry if I pester him with questions (DH is RN)
Sun is shining here in MN today so I hope everyone is feeling a bit better
Reb
Unread 03-05-2007, 07:37 PM

Thanks FF1962! I do really find myself feeling like this is not a big deal because it was done vaginally. I never thought about infection or anything. Thanks to you too shdsgrl. I wish we both knew more about this. I am going to ask my Dr. about these things when I go on Thursday. If I get any answers I will let you know. I am hoping to go back to work on Monday. (Not because I really want to but I need the money!) So I feel like I have GOT to be better for that reason. I get so tired so fast though that I worry if I will be up to working 8 hours a day. Oh well I have whined enough for today. Again, thanks girls for listening. Hope you are all well. Dianne : )
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM

I am new..what is a dh??
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:38 PM

I am new..what is a dh??

WELCOME! glad you are here!
Dear Husband - or Darling Hubby or Designated Helper
I don't want to leave anyone out
DH is Darling Hubby for me
Reb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register