Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Unread 03-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

i can't imagine putting real clothes on i had my surgery on the 14th and am supposed to go back to work this week . i am so tired feel like i am becoming agraphobic don't really want to leave the house. today i think i will make myself walk. eventhough you were tired did it feel good to be walking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 05:01 PM

Hello to all!
Shdsgrl and JoJo, I am so sorry to hear everything that you have been through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I will be 4 weeks post-op tomorrow. I have had pain on my right side and in the center just above my incision ever since my surgery. I went back to see my doc about 1 1/2 weeks ago and he did an exam and said everything looked good gave and said he thought maybe I just pulled something and possibly because of the excessive manipulation on the right side during surgery. If it did not improve he would do x-rays. Early last week it had been feeling better. Then Friday it really started bothering me again. I noticed that when I lay flat on my back it feels much better, that's when I felt a egg sized lump in the center right above my incision. It seems to disappear after I have laid down for 2-3 minutes and so does the pain. The incision itself looks great! On top of it I started spotting Friday night. I only spotted for 2 days after surgery and have not had any spotting since my surgery until now. I am going to call my doc tomorrow. Any thoughts? I have tried to ignore it and push on but after reading some of the other posts, I'm beginning to wonder.
Unread 03-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Hello Als,
It is funny, I was just wanting to e-mail with the same complaint. My left side is hurting,in my back and abdomen as well. I almost feel like I pulled something, and i to feel better when laying down.
In all of my check-ups, with the exception of one, everything was healing normally, and last visit, my doc said everything was great. I wish he had a uterus removed too for a point of reference to speak of when it comes to recovery progress and pain!
I am heading back to full time teaching (6th grade) tomorrow, and am worried I won't make it all the way through the week.
I come home to two beautiful...although young and tiring kids, so I am really wondering why I chose to go back so early. The parents in my class want me back, which feels good to be missed, and I hate to dissapoint anyone!
Anyways, I won't have time to go to the doc until my follow-up next week. Please let me know how you do and what the doc says. I sometimes feel a sharp pain, but most of the time it is more general nagging pain in my side.
I have no incision, so this may be different from yours? I hsve no lump to speak of either..just know that getting off of my feelt makes the pain subside. Did you ask about infection or blood clots?
Take care. I wish you the best!
Krowe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 07:04 PM

I COMPLETLY understand your resistance to leave the house. I am an A-Type personality, doing everything myself, totally independent, always have been. Then "this surgery thing" happens and a week after my surgery my husband went back to work and I almost panicked at the thought of being on my own.

I am a Realtor and am one of OKC's Top 100 Realtors and I was even leary of talking about real estate. It takes a while, but you'll get your Mojo back, I promise!

Now I am mentally ready to take on the world, just not physically!

Keep me posted...I care...
Unread 03-11-2007, 07:58 PM

Hi All
Dinner with the girlfriend's parents went pretty well - neither of us had been to the retauraunt before and it turned out to be pretty good food and good company. I was dragging quite a bit today though! - tried to wear panythose to church this morning - lasted 2 hours - ok I've got two more weeks before work so I hope they feel a lot better!
Reb
Unread 03-11-2007, 08:03 PM

I've got some great pantyhose. They come all the way up to my naval, no pulling, tugging or squeezing. They are dark black tights and I wear them with everything. When it comes to "that" area, bigger IS better.

Did you wear heals? If so, how did that go?
Unread 03-12-2007, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by als33
Hello to all!
Shdsgrl and JoJo, I am so sorry to hear everything that you have been through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I will be 4 weeks post-op tomorrow. I have had pain on my right side and in the center just above my incision ever since my surgery. I went back to see my doc about 1 1/2 weeks ago and he did an exam and said everything looked good gave and said he thought maybe I just pulled something and possibly because of the excessive manipulation on the right side during surgery. If it did not improve he would do x-rays. Early last week it had been feeling better. Then Friday it really started bothering me again. I noticed that when I lay flat on my back it feels much better, that's when I felt a egg sized lump in the center right above my incision. It seems to disappear after I have laid down for 2-3 minutes and so does the pain. The incision itself looks great! On top of it I started spotting Friday night. I only spotted for 2 days after surgery and have not had any spotting since my surgery until now. I am going to call my doc tomorrow. Any thoughts? I have tried to ignore it and push on but after reading some of the other posts, I'm beginning to wonder.
hi als33
i too have that feeling above my incesion like a ball or something is there. did your doctor tell you what it was? maybe its a thing with abdominal surugry its just nice to hear someone feel the same feelings .
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:50 PM

Okay...I need someone who can relate. I went back to teaching today, and I feel like my body gave out on me. I felt like I was ready to go back, but by 11:00 am I was ready to go to bed for a little snooze. By 2:30, I was in pain and ready to call it quits for the day.
I feel really disapointed that I cannot bounce back! I plan on staying home tomorrow and trying again on Wed.
Wish me luck!
Krowe
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:04 PM

I give you a round of applause for trying! There is no way I could work a full day at this stage of recovery. I think maybe each day we try alittle harder maybe we won't get so tired? I was able to get through today without any naps which is a first for me since surgery so there is light at the end of this tunnel. I usually just doze for about 20 minutes in the afternoon - is there a lunch break that you could just rest with your feet up and maybe that would help? Good luck on Wed.
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:13 PM

I drove for the first time Sat. & I'm still recovering, so I definitely could not imagine a whole work day. I have 3 more weeks until I return to the work force. I wish you luck on Wednesday, but you may have to consider requesting more time off. You are definitely are my hero at this time!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register