Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Unread 03-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Omg FF ! Hope you are ok. Take it easy today girl! I'll check in with you all after work today. Happy resting to you all that are still home. Di
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 07:33 AM

Good luck Ladidi, hope work goes well...
I also have my hospital bill. It is sitting in my office...I am afraid to open it!
Unread 03-14-2007, 07:43 AM

One month ago today and feeling pretty good. I still get very tired & incision still swollen & sore so hoping that gets better but I think each day I feel alittle bit better. Haven't reached the stage where I'm glad I had surgery yet however so looking forward to being happy/relieved with my decision. I'm hoping the next 2 weeks of recovery bring me closer to feeling like myself again - I don't do well not running at full speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 01:56 PM

Hello all! I am 1 month post-op, and doing pretty well. Went back to work after 2 wks (had LSH), did OK the first week, just tired at the end of the day. Job is sitting at a computer most of the time, so that was OK. Walking around the building slower than usual the first week and a half. Started feeling a stinging feeling inside this past weekend (maybe stuff is healing?), only slight ache inside, no real pain. Was able to sleep on my side the first day home, just stuffed a little pillow under the belly, and I have a "knee" pillow for between the knees. Took very minimal painkillers (Vicodin), and had no problems with bladder or BMs. At 2 weeks, the skin on my tummy (left side) was hypersensitive to anything touching it, kinda annoying for a week or so. That seems to have subsided for now. So glad I had this done, and looking forward to being 100% for the summer. Went on a 2 mile walk Saturday, just doing it slower than before, but I am DOING IT! Spring is almost here in No. Nevada, and looking forward to digging in my yard with no pain.
Unread 03-14-2007, 05:31 PM

I know what you mean, one or two good days then so tired I can't think. I was released from work for 6 weeks so I don't have to go back until the first week of April. I've read six books, finished knitting one sweater and have half of another done, I walk about 1 1/2 miles a day but tend to overdo with house chores, it then swelly belly in the pm. Went to the dentist today, (broke a tooth and need a crown) and got my "castle" bill all in the same week Some day we'll all be happy we did this, right
Unread 03-14-2007, 10:29 PM

I'm so glad to hear that a lot of you are starting to feel better! I actually took my son to work today. It was my first time driving in over a month. Then I went into the grocery store and picked up a few things. That was about enough for me, so I came home and plopped my princess butt on the couch and let my husband make me dinner
But I was really excited and proud of myself! Hopefully, I'm heading in the right direction!
Unread 03-15-2007, 03:09 PM

Hi Artoodetoo - are you a Star Wars fan too ! - I'm glad you are better! I would have loved to have had a LSH - but enede up witha STAH/BSO - so work is still about a week and a half away. Glad to see we are each having ups and downs but seem to be improving overall - sun, thne chance of flurries here - hope spring arrives in MN soon
Bests
Reb
Unread 03-16-2007, 03:13 PM

I hope all are doing well and ready for the weekend. I tried to go to work for the 2nd day in a row, and didn't make it. Had to call a substitute and have them teach the 2nd half of the day. I can totally relate to the ups and downs. Yesterday, I felt so good that I taught all day and stayed for 2 hours after work to get caught up. Then felt okay when I got home, but ended up with digestive pains (anyone relate?) that kept me up most of the night. Today, I feel like some of my organs are not in the right place! I am not only tired, but I hurt. I thought I would be over that part by this time! ARRRG!
Unread 03-16-2007, 03:49 PM

I go back Monday. I'm a little worried. I have a cuff infection that is causing some discomfort. I also seem to have a few good days followed by a few bad days. Hopefully all will go well for all of us.

Sherri
Unread 03-16-2007, 08:05 PM

I was really brave today, I went for my first bicycle ride.
I used a beach cruiser with a really soft seat. Rode about 2 1/2 miles. Slow and easy. I did OK, so there HOPE girls... Didn't feel any pain during my ride or tonight. I'm going to try again tomarrow.

I can relate to the digestive issues and the is really bad for me. Must be all my veggies I eat.
Hope all of you have a great weekend.
Take Care,Surfer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register