Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Unread 03-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Kaytee you are not alone - I managed to get a small separation in my incision so no driving this week - hopefully we can get this thing to CLOSE - I don't want to have to delay opening the playground for too much longer.
Bests to all the ladies
Reb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 12:52 PM

I feel like I am almost back to 100%. I don't mean to sound like I am bragging, I am hoping to be an inspiration to everyone who's been there. I have my old energy level back (7 am till midnight) thanks to an A-Type personality!

Hang in there Sisters, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's NOT a freight train!!
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:51 PM

Kat, Hope you're feeling better soon. I am so lucky to have had an uneventful recovery. I am stressing about the checkup on Friday with MD. He put me on Premarin 0.625, still have night sweats but nothing during the day. Compared to some of the other sisters I've had no worries.. Lorri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 01:54 PM

Lorri - I too had night sweats, but when I started taking my Premarin right before bed, the night sweats stopped. When do you take your pill?

I'm still on Pre-natal pills due to anemia and they have such as awful after taste I take them right before bed too.

Keep me posted, I care...
Unread 03-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Oh - this fatigue is driving me nuts! Went shopping yesterday for about 4 hours and spent today doing nothing because i was so tired & incision swollen & sore. I'm planning on having a girls day out on Wed. shopping again so hope that I have energy built up by then. Does anyone else's abdomen look like crocodile skin - mine is so dry & can't rub lotion into it because its too painful so just kind put a layer over the top & hope it soaks in - LOL. Can't wait to take a long hot bath again - hopefully at my 6 week check she will ok hot tubs again? I've been taking my HRT right away in the morning but thinking I should switch the mid-afternoon as by evening I can tell that I'm getting crabby and emotional & not sure if I'm having night sweats or not but have to sleep with window open and no covers & even then I'm hot.
Unread 03-19-2007, 11:10 PM

ah - a spell in a hot tub - sounds so blissful - I wonder when I can do that - I'm thinking it will be a while as my incision still has a few spots that seem to refuse to close up !!! - I seem to have one night of sleep and one night of - hot flashes & insomnia. I wonder if the HRT will kick in quickly or is it something where I have to wait a few weeks for a difference?
Bests
Reb
Unread 03-19-2007, 11:20 PM

I've been getting tired easily, but beyond that, my recovery has been great. No issues. We "type A's" just push, push, push....lol.

Hope everyone is coming along nicely. If you are not, blessings to you and take good care of yourself!!!

Gentle hugs to all,
Jean
Unread 03-20-2007, 03:17 AM

Wow. Feels like forever since I've posted. Sorry about this, but a gotta vent a little....here we go...

Well, my UIT and cuff infection cleared up after 10 days on antibiotics....guess what? The anitbiotics gave me the worse vaginal yeast infection in the WORLD! I had only 1 day of relief before it felt lik eme crotch was on fire! Called the doc and he told me to get monostat...did that...pain got worse. I ended up in dr's office on Sunday and they prescribed diflucan (?). Why didn't they just d othat in the first place! I feel 200% better. just a little itching. I am so ready to go back to work. this insomnia thing is killing me. my dh is ready for sex and i just have no interest at this point. i actully told him to call a professional and I'd be happy to pay for it....he did not think that was funny. i go back to work in 2 weeks....aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

thanks for letting me vent. for all the sisters out there, take care and feel better!
Unread 03-20-2007, 10:25 AM

It sounds as if we're all experiencing the same thinigs. I just read through the Post Op Weeks 5-6 Checkpoints. Yep, that's me. Nearly everything on there has applied to me this week.

I am feeling better and better, although, still sleeping alot. I've figured out when I sleep more I don't have as much swelling and soreness by the end of the day. That's working out well.

Work has been OK. Even though I mainly sit (I paly the ptano at the high school)getting up and down from the bench (of course no back on it) is making me sore. So, once I'm either down or up, I stay put for a while!

Hopefully, the weather will kick into full spring-time mode soon. Today is rainy and cool in the low 50"s. Maybe a good day for an afternoon nap!?!?

Take care, sisters. I hope all the infections, soreness and tiredness clear up for all soon!! {{HUGS}}
Unread 03-20-2007, 11:44 AM

Hi Diva 2005
I am kinda in that same boat - for me there is a spot that's not closing! and that is chasing away my desire to open the playground! and I was hoping that would be soon but now.... As to the other stuff - ditto!
I still think I would do this all over again -
Just my.02
Reb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register