Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Jenny2, I'm also 7 weeks post-op and still spotting. My Dr also said I'm healing slowly and said no sex or lifting for 3 months Sounds like we're in the same boat. I also had a fibroid in the lining of my uterus the size of a mango and 2 large ones in my uterus. I also had my ovaries, uterus and cervix removed. However I am feeling better with each day that passes. My energy is my biggest problem. So don't worry too much and pace yourself, rest and drink plenty of water
Hawaii
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 02:39 PM

Hey Hawaii, Are you doing okay? I had my hyst on the same day as you!! It was cold and icy down here in Connecticut. But how did you like Valentine's Day in the mansion? It was kind of cheery, even though the meds had me so nauseous that I couldn't have all the goodies the nurses kept offering me. I had the works done, like you, but I'm starting to feel really well now! Even the numbness is going away and the swelly belly has gone down (still more to go, but you know, less is more as they say ) so I hope you get plenty of rest and heal nicely. Are you the one that had to go back to work b/c your boss had made a snide remark about you being out? If so what a jerk he is! My boss was very nice; I went back to work on March 19 - just about my 5 week mark. It was far better than I had thought! I teach 9 and 10th graders and they were curious but so glad I was back. Take care Hawaii girl, heal well, and drink lots of water. Pineapple, fresh, is great,too. I had pineapple from a fruit basket friends sent and it is so healing.
Babcocks and Poconowoman - I hope you get cozy tonight early and you sleep, sleep, sleep....don't worry; let Mr. Sandman take you away.
"Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream; make him the cutest that I've ever seen." When I can't sleep I try to balance my checkbook in my head? and I bore myself so much that it's lights out....ha ha! But I've had some sleepless nights, or nights when I wake up and can't go back until the alarm goes off ....arghhhhh. Relax and I hope you can get some z's tonight. Have a great holiday sistas! You all make me feel so much better, yomiss
Unread 04-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Hi Yomiss I am doing better, thank-you for asking. On Feb 13th here in Toronto we had a huge snowstorm. Valentines at the castle was great I was spoiled by my dh and children, I was also to nauseous to eat or drink, ice cubes and jello was my menu on Valentines Day. No I'm not the one that went back to work yet. Yesterday (Easter) was actually the first day I slept on my stomach, however I still get those pains in my legs. Thanks for all the advice and thanks to you I keep singing "Mr. Sandaman" in my head.
Oh! are you taking anything for the wacky hormone changes in your body?
I'll be thinking of you when I go to sleep tonight and hopefully not my checkbook because that would be frightening!
Hawaii
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 12:45 PM

I was wondering the same thing about hormone replacement and how everyone is doing with or without it. I started on Premarin for the night sweats but didn't really feel much better so stopped after a month and figure I won't die from being hot and of course worry about everything you read about HRT. Also I think fatigue is still a big problem, no real interest in anything. Hope all is well.
Unread 04-09-2007, 12:46 PM

Hello Sisters,

Glad to read that everyone is doing well. I had my final appt. last Friday and was released for everything. I have had a very uneventful recovery, and feel blessed for it. Just a couple of very minor complications that were not much to speak of. I did my first gym run this morning- did an hour of water aerobics. It felt AWESOME- and I didn't have to keep looking to see if I was bleeding... I had actually stopped any sort of aqua sports because of that- so this was a big day for me.

Now to see if my blood tests come back showing some improvement. Wish me luck! I'd hate for this not to have helped with the severe anemia.

Hugs to all,
Jean
Unread 04-09-2007, 02:40 PM

Hawaii, am so glad I'm not in this alone I was worried, but from what others have posted also, it seems like the extended bleeding just happens sometimes. I'm not having alot of pain, but still some on occasion. I'm not taking any hormones, as I have a marker which shows the tendency for blood clots, so no hormones for me at all. It's not been bad, really, just annoying. I was also severly anemic for years on end. But the anemia is gone, yippee...that means more energy and better oxygen levels..YEA!!!

Jean, I wish I could have some exercise, but maybe in a few more weeks. I do get some around the house, housework and such, and I do walk..but BOY I'm ready to get rid of this swelly belly, and I feel like exercise would help.

Jenny
Unread 04-09-2007, 05:08 PM

Spiritaurora, I know that feeling of not being able to swim b/c of auntie flo - how nice for you! You're going to look like a million bucks in a blink of an eye. Isn't this great?
Hey Hawaii - Yeah, the checking acct. is kind of boring - there's not much in it to count actually! ha ha! No I have no HRT in my life and I do have the hotflashes and nightsweats. My Dr. will not prescribe anything; he's of the ilk that these are not the greatest. For me he said the risk for stroke would be too great. He basically told me to try to live thru the heat. I may try cohosh; I drink soymilk ; at least for breakfast w/ cereal. What are you doing?
love dogsandgolf - what can we do? I'm "Sweating thru the 2000's" as richard simmons would say - ha ha! remember his aerobic tapes? Have you tried black cohosh or rasperry whatever it is? some people say these things work for people like us.
Jennyjenny2 - and what about you? Your dr. said the same thing as mine = you make me feel normal b/c so many people are telling me to "get the patch". But Dr. man said no patch for you.
Too many sweets and rich comfort food for the holiday weekend. Time to "get back to the garden" as Joni Mitchell says. Sleep well ladies, count sheep, balance the checkbook, but get some precious sleep time. all the best, yomiss
Unread 04-09-2007, 09:42 PM

Yomiss, yeah, I can't even use soy, as it is a phytoestrogen, so can't do that either I would rather tough it out than get a blood clot, so here I am

I also have to have a mammogram this week, and am freaking about it, I have bleeding from one nipple..so that's scary as all get out

So the meno-pause, with the anxiety of another possible cancer, plus a colonoscopy for the same thing, I'm a mess

Jenny
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:32 AM

Hang in there jenny2, we're praying for you I'm having another one of those sleepless nights
Hawaii
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:39 AM

Yomiss I'm not on anything either except for some soymilk. I'm also thinking of trying the cohosh. Happy to hear you anemia is gone, that is big . Its 5:00am in the morning and I'm writing you, thanks for listening.
Hawaii

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register