Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Unread 04-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Me & dh resumed our "relations" and it didn't hurt which was great since I was so worried but no fireworks even came close to going off for me. I felt nothing, nada, zip so hoping thats because I was worried about it hurting and also my abdomen is so sore that needed to be so careful about that. Other than that I'm doing good, still very fatigued and can't wait for it to warm up in my stupid state - they are predicting snow today - ugh!!! Hope everyone else is doing good, we should start a group for us "nonsleepers" - ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 11:35 PM

Hi all
Yep, here I am in the land of sleeping too early or almost not at all. I am taking a tiny bit of estrogen and I'm trying the otc herbal estroven - just too darn many and nightime sweats......I'm hoping with warmer weather I can sleep with fewer covers and maybe sleep better - or at least 6 hours a night. I have found that my interest in the playground is less automatic now - dh is good about backrubs and such - that is helping a lot and once I get "to" the playground it is fine. Anyone else noticing something like this?
Bests
Reb
Unread 04-11-2007, 09:39 AM

FF1962, just curious what is the tiny bit of estrogen your taking and how much otc are you taking? I'm in the same boat night swets are brutal and I'm not on anything yet . As for the playground haven't even attempted yet, but dr ordered nothing for 3 month! However, I could use a backrub from my dh, problem is it that would lead to .....
Hawaii
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 05:03 PM

Hawaii
I am taking Estradiol, .05 mg once a day - I cut the 1mg tablets in half.
Unread 04-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Hey sistas -
Ff1962 and Hawaii - Wanted to share w/ you that I phoned my Dr. yesterday and told him that my nightsweats are soaking wet and the hotflashes can be irritating, especially at work. I thought he had told me absolutely no, but on the phone he said that w/ new research the dose of Premarin .05 mg once a day, the effects are at a minimum. So I just came from CVS and I'm starting tonight. He also said that black cohosh and the other herbals don't do enough and that soy products are good IF you can handle the phyto whatever it is, but just not enough - it doesn't do enough. I'll let you know if I feel any different.
Unread 04-11-2007, 06:51 PM

It is so hard to believe that tomorrow I will be 8 weeks post op! The time has flown by. I start back to work next week....mixed feelings about that!
Jenny & Hawaii, it sounds as if this post op ride has been a slow rough one for you. Hope things improve really soon.
My incision seems to finally be healing! It is closed, no more bleeding or drainage...3 rounds of antibiotics finally did the trick.
My DH & I had our 1st "intimate" encounter over the weekend. I was a little tender, but, it wasn't bad. My belly is still a little sore too, didn't realize how much until then!
Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I have started gaining weight though and I notice more heart palpitations. I am assuming these are hormone related. I haven't had the night sweats. Those are actually improved since my TAH/ BSO. I am using Estraderm patches, 0.1 mg, twice a week. I also just started using the Natural Woman cream for some progesterone. I have been reading Dr Lee's book on menopause....pretty interesting!
Hey Hawaii, have you tried evening primrose oil and flax seed oil? I've heard that they can help also with the night sweats.
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:38 PM

I agree that the 8 weeks have just flown by. Going back to work has been good except for sitting for so long. I started back on the premarin .625 for the increase in night sweats and flashes during the day. I was also feeling kind of flat and no energy. Hope everyone is well.
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:04 AM

Thank-you FF1962 hope that works for you. Yomiss I agree some of these herbals are not enough hope the premarin helps you.
Scatterbeary sounds like your doing great. Actually I've tried primrose oil but doesn't seem to be enough. I think its time I call my dr so he can put me on the patch as he suggested at my 8 week post-op. Do you need a prescription for the progestrone cream?
I'm going back to bed, the last night swets kept me up
Hawaii
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:33 AM

Well ladies I think I have arrived. This has been a great week. I am not tired at the end of the day. I have learned that my IBS will still be a problem and am taking that more seriously. I was hoping that would disappear with the surgery but I wasn't so lucky. Anyway I feel alive and am being told I look alive. Looking back in retrospect this was very difficult to recover from. I am glad to have it behind me.

Good luck to everyone!

Sherri
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM

Hi Hawaii. I bought the Natural Woman progesterone cream online through the Hyster Sister store. No prescription needed. My neighbor swears by the stuff! I just started using it this week. I guess I'll find out in the next week or so if it makes a difference. Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register