Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

Unread 02-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 12-Feb 19,2007

I had TAH/BSO so everything was removed. I have swelly belly & very tender so can only sleep on my back which is not fun but can't possible sleep on my stomach - can't wait for the day i can though as I'm a stomach sleeper too. The Dr. gave me a tummy band that usually she gives C-section patients & that allows me to lay on my side for small amounts of time without feeling like my insides are going to be laying on the bed next to me - LOL. I've read other posts where woman are sleeping on their stomachs without problem so I think as long as your body feels ok with it I don't think it would hurt anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2007, 08:24 AM

Bonacolta

I'm able to be on my side for a few minutes at a time- don't think I'll be on my belly for quite a while - Dr. wants me home for the full 6 weeks - explained that the healing really needed to be given time as to not be undone. I had a STAH/BSO .
Reb (FF1962)
Unread 02-23-2007, 12:03 PM

I had mine (TAH) a week ago and have slept on my tummy since I have been home (4 days). I keep one leg bent to make sure and not lay flat on my stomach and sleep great.

Hope everyone is getting better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2007, 01:25 PM

Here I am 1 week later and things are looking a little brighter today. The first week was rougher than I expected, not pain wise but just overall uckiness, if thats a word. I have actually had a little pain today and took some pain med for the first time in 4 days but I still feel much better. I got out of the house for a while this morning, hence the pain. Spoke with the dr about the confusion of which procedure I had and I guess I had an LAVH. I had mentioned I had a hard time with nursing staff and I still haven't done anything about that. I'll stew on that this week and do what feels right. I still have my 10+ lbs which I though would have come off by now. Hopefully next week as I am more mobile. I pretty much slept all this week. I thought I had my bellybutton incision getting infected but it looks much better today and my temp is normal for the first time in 2 days.

Later,
Sherri
Unread 02-23-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCatala
I had mine (TAH) a week ago and have slept on my tummy since I have been home (4 days). I keep one leg bent to make sure and not lay flat on my stomach and sleep great.

Hope everyone is getting better!
thanks very much i will try to sleep on my stomach tonight . you had you op after me but sound like your doing great
Unread 02-23-2007, 03:37 PM

I woke up last night on my stomach and scared me to death! It didn't hurt.. just felt odd after a few weeks of not sleeping that way.
Unread 02-23-2007, 05:20 PM

Well my hospital stay was ok. Surgery went well and I'm feeling better everyday. I have even ventured out of my room today and to my recliner. My bleeding has stopped completely!! whooo hooo on that alone. I visited my dr. today and they took blood. When I left the hospital I was a bit Anemic and I'm still a bit Anemic. My dr. said that my uterus was the size of a large grapefruit. So maybe that was the problem with my heavy bleeding. I had a TVH and the pathology came back today and everything was fine. ( no cancer cells) Well I'm off to bed again and for all those still recovering take it easy and god bless you all.
Unread 02-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Hooray it's over!

Stayed in the castle for 3 days. Underwent TVH, A/P Repair, TVT Sling, Anal Sphincter Repair. Did the whole thing (2 1/2 hours) with Epidural. Felt terrific afterwards. Had PCS for pain relief which helps tremendously. Was up and moving around the next day with little problem. Haven't had much pain related to Hyst or other internal repairs, only due to the sphincter repair (stitches and SWELLING-OUCH)! Am doing a lot of lying around the house because of this, and feel the boredom and frustration setting in. It's great to have this over with. Waiting 18 months was beginning to drive me a bit crazy!
Unread 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM

I was diagnosed with endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids, and adhesions which resulted in my TAH-LSO on 2/14. I have finally regained my appetite. ( I lost 20 lbs in one week!) I love the new weight and I am looking forward to shopping for a new wardrobe. Besides the itchy new growth stabbing into my incision, I feel pretty good.
Unread 02-25-2007, 01:05 AM

update: dh stepped up to the plate. staples came out and doc said i needs to slow down. one week post op my bowels are better but still some cramping in the morning. also need to sleep at a moment's notice. i want to get out of the house! can i go to a movie? how long till the tummy goes down? i need to get into some work clothes in 4 weeks. have been on the estratest for 5 days, and have had light night sweats for two nights. will talk to my doc next week about that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register