Cold feet all over again!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cold feet all over again!! Cold feet all over again!!

Unread 02-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Cold feet all over again!!

Hi Everyone:

I was scheduled for surgery on February 12 and was postponed due to some test results--I had already resolved myself to the fact that I was going to have this surgery and then they postponed it. I found out today that they re- scheduled it in 6 days (gulp) and am a little stressed about it (I thought it would be much later for the re-schedule). Why do I want to have this surgery again????....Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Hi Flair,

I don't know your situation, but if you're scheduled for the surgery - my guess is that you need it. It's understandable to be nervous, we all go through that.

What type of surgery are you having? Why are you having it?

It's good to post how you and to read other posts, they are a tremendous help to all of us.

Hang in there, we're all here for you.

Maureen
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:59 PM

Hi Maureen
"Why am I having this surgery again?" was met to be a kind of rhetorical question--in otherwords, I am hoping to be talked in to having this surgery. I do need to have it--but I also have a bad back and neck and don't know how I am going to feel after the surgery. I hurt all of the time anyway--but don't want more pain than I can handle. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Flair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2007, 07:18 PM

Hi Flair,

It's ok. You're going to be fine. After the surgery you might find that your back will be better. Maybe the surgery will take care of the back pain. For me it was true for awhile for my back. I had a myomectomy a few years ago and that helped eliviate a lot of my back pain. I had 2 big fibroids that I'm sure were pushing towards my back. Now I'm have something going on with GI issues, which from what I'm reading could have something to do with my new back pain.

It sounds like your doubting your decision, maybe a second opinion couldn't hurt.

Maureen
Unread 02-26-2007, 10:12 PM

Hey Maureen:

You know, I never thought about how all of this affects my back--you might be right! Thanks for the support--it helps a lot just to talk to people...it's calming. Are you feeling better since you had your surgery???
Unread 02-27-2007, 07:38 AM

((( Flair ))), you sound normal to me, many of us are nervous when facing a major surgery like this. I usually can't stop myself from thinking about all the "what if's ". I'm sure that it did catch you by surprise to have such a short time to prepare

Talk to your dr about pain management, together you should be able to make a plan that can help you most. Remember that if you have pain even while taking meds, let your medical staff know - you can try something else until you find what helps most. I have reactions to many of the pain meds - we had to try several but did find one that worked.

Best wishes.

S
Unread 02-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Hi Flair,

Yes, I feel enormously better since my surgery. No more pelvic pain!!!! Thanks for asking.

How are you feeling?

Maureen
Unread 02-27-2007, 06:45 PM

Hey!

I am doing well--slept really well last night. I think that I was just taken by surprise yesterday. You know how you have to do a million things to get ready before surgery??? Well I had already done that, until I found out that they had postponed me (february 12 was the first surgery schedualing). I think I was feeling just a little overwhelmed and not knowing how I was going to prepare for everything in time. I am feeling better now that I am figuring out how to make everything work with that date. I know that I need to get this done, so I am moving forward.

It helped to come here yesterday and chat with you--thanks! I am glad that you are doing so well after your surgery!
Unread 02-27-2007, 07:26 PM

Hey Ms. Jean:
Thanks for the nice words also! I just read your e-mail and it helped me to feel better (and yes, even normal!) Thanks!!!
Unread 02-27-2007, 11:31 PM

I have had tremendous back pain for years with loss of sleep (I have not slept through a night in over 4 years) and while I am still not sleeping since my surgery I think because of the pain meds my back has not been bothering me as much. My lower back has started hurting but I think that is bec of the lack of moving around bec of resting a lot.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register