Is It True | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Is It True

I Hear Alot Of People Talking About The Gas Pain After Your Hys Is It Really That Bad? And What Can You Do To Help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Is It True

mighty13, The gas pain wasn't fun but walking was the only thing they tell me that will help. I walked around the castle halls a lot and it really did relieve the gas. Good luck.
lovedogsandgolf
Unread 03-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Is It True

I had my abdominal hyst on 2/22 with a spinal and I didn't have the gas pains everyone talked about. I did have some gas and walking helped pass it but I didn't have horrible pain with it. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Is It True

Yep, best thing is to start walking. In my case, I was so dizzy and nauseous afterwards it was hard to get up without feeling like I was going to pass out.

Doctor ordered a suppository to get that gas moving as he said that was what was making me sick. It wasn't painful as much as it was annoying and like I said, made me sick to my stomach.

Once the suppository got working and I was passing the gas, I felt so, so much better within hours.

Best of luck!
Unread 03-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Is It True

They gave me mylicon every twelve hours in the hospital and gas was not a problem at all for me! I had it, but I was never uncomfortable because of it!
Unread 03-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Is It True

Gas was more annoying than painful for me. Gas-x and peppermint tea helped me. Also walking.
Unread 03-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Is It True

I had no pain from gas. I brought gas X to the hospital with me but my doctor said I wouldn't need it. I never took anything orally for gas pain but I may have received something in the IV. Ask your doctor about it before you are operated on. Good luck! I hope all goes well for you!
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Is It True

I used Gasx and the nurse brought me hot ginger tea that helped alot too!
Walking alot as well...I got some ginger lemon tea bags for home, good for nasusea
and gas!
good luck!
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Is It True

Mighty113,
If you are having any type of laproscopic surgery, LAVH, LSH, you may experience gas pains. The pains from laproscopic surgery come mainly from the CO2 gas they use to insufflate your abdomen. It can cause pain in your shoulders. I experienced some level of pain or discomfort with all my laparoscopies. The best thing is walking, and I found rocking in a chair with a heating pad to be somewhat helpfull. Also if you do not sit straight upright that helps, because as you know gas rises. The CO2 gets trapped in the tissues and isn't the kind of gas that rumbles through the intestines. Don't worry it will go away, but it can get a might uncomfortable! Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery. May you be a gas free

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register