What about shoes??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Over 50? - Thee and Me!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What about shoes??? What about shoes???

Unread 03-04-2007, 08:00 PM
What about shoes???

Well.......as I journey further into my 50's (I'm 54 now), I'm finding that I am more and more seeking out comfortable shoes to wear. I love shoes....and I used to be able to wear all kinds, including heels....no more!! I never had a problem with shoes in my younger years, but now I'm finding that I've really got to pick and chose according to comfort.

Do any of you have comfortable brands of shoes that are your favorites??

I've been looking at Naturalizer shoes, and in fact, bought a pair last month that are quite comfortable. Now I am on a hunt for sandals that are comfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
What about shoes???

Oh yes! This is exactly true of me also. My favorite brand now is Ariat. I have several of their boots (western lace-up) and a pair of short boots that are more dressy and also lace up (I wear jeans or slacks mostly and love boots, plus I ride a lot, if you're wondering! ). Plus I have 2 pairs of their sport shoes, kind of like jogging shoes or tennis shoes, but they have more of a heel, so you can wear them to ride in.

They also make sandals and clogs, but I haven't tried any of those yet. If you're wondering, I do have rheumatoid arthritis in my feet so now I'm much more comfortable with shoes that lace rather than pull on. It can sometimes be hard and painful to try to pull on shoes, so the laces are just perfect!

Yes, our tastes sure change as we get older, don't they??!!

I definately go for comfort and function now!
Unread 03-05-2007, 12:41 AM
What about shoes???

I hear you on the shoes. I will be 50 next September. Last fall for my birthday my feet were hurting so bad that my husband for my birthday took me to a shoe store and bought me a pair of really expensive shoes to wear. What a difference. My feet quit hurting. My feet was hurting so bad from my shoes that when i woke up in the morning I couldn't even walk it was very painful till I was up for awhile. Sorry I cant remember the brand name. But this is what I know about shoes, you get what you pay for. If you go to payless shoe source and get the cheap shoes, that is what your going to get cheap shoes that hurt your feet. Shoes are important
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
What about shoes???

I have given up on having the shoes that I want for years. I have been having problem feet for some time and surgery for my foot is something I need to see about when I can.

I have found Easy Spirit, Clark's, Born, to help my feet feel better, and the styles have come around as well. If I wear heels at all they are very low and no pointed toe!

s
Unread 03-16-2007, 08:18 PM
What about shoes???

I have needed comfortable shoes for years now. I am 51. I asked on this site last year what to try and the advice was Clark's. I love them! I also like Dexter shoes, but there is not a good variety here in stores.
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:13 PM
What about shoes???

I am 54 and I love Born and Ecco. I use to buy lots of different shoes, but now I will only buy those two brands. They usually run $80 to $120 but are well worth it for comfort and they last a long time. We just got back from Asia with a tour group (lots and lots of walking) and my feet felt great all day.
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:32 PM
What about shoes???

I own a restaurant and I turned 50 this year. And oh yes the poor aching feet after a 13 hour busy day. And I am kind of a tightwad so I would rather work than pay someone else to do it (except for this recovery period of course) and i swear by Born. They are like having nothing on my feet. spendy but worth it
Unread 03-17-2007, 11:00 AM
What about shoes???

I just went to the chiropractor this week, and I was looking at a pamphlet while I was waiting, and they have a product called "foot Levelers". They are very spendy, but they are shoe inserts that are custom fit to your feet. The chiroprator told me that they were very good. The website is www. footleverers.com.
Unread 03-17-2007, 11:23 AM
What about shoes???

gonna check it out thanks. Kay
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:15 PM
What about shoes???

SKECHERS.............I wear them at work (athletic type), and in my private life...especially the sandals. Walking on foam........LOVE it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register