Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Unread 03-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Hi everyone just recently joined the group. Just had my hysterectomy the 6th of March, am home still a big groggy. Am on vicodin for pain and phenegran for nausa. Has one else had their sides hurt..feels like bruised ribs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2007, 06:03 PM

Had mine on 3/05 - took longer than expected due to the size of my uterus - 330 gr. Otherwise uneventful.
Took my gall bladder out as well - uncovered a stone in the pre-op exam.
Had minor difficulties with diabetes, fever blood pressure - but once I got a good night's sleep on Tuesday, I was raring to go. It's gone great - can't complain. Treatment at the castle was first-rate - really felt like a queen. And my doctor - she's fabulous. If you need a hystie in western suburbs of Chicago, I've got the lady for you! Mine has thus far been the easiest recovery of anybody I've ever heard of!

Thanks and blessings on you all!

Hotlips2
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:35 PM

Now I am bored. I can't do much but hate just sitting around. I tried to go for a walk today and went about 2 blocks and turned right around. I was beautiful in Columubus Ohio!

My sister gave me some good advice. She said don't go too far because you may not get back. She was right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2007, 09:27 PM

Surgery on the 6th, home today. Like Summerstar, my surgery turned out to be longer than they expected--found a lot of endo. The doc said I had a frozen pelvis. Aside from a projectile vomiting episode due to a reaction to vicodin, my recovery has been very smooth. The nursing staff was all lovely and helpful and I have so far had no symptoms due to surgical menopause.

I did have some moments of feeling like I was going to pop. I never thought passing gas would feel like such an accomplishment!
Unread 03-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Can't sleep...updating my progress!

Ok...I'm 4 days post-op. The pain is finally managealbe with one type of narcotic and I only had to take the second...once.
That means, I am on the road to recovery. I think the doc's advice on the enema helped but ~ be careful what you wish for. I was sick with nausea, heartburn and bloated. Now, it's 3:30 am, I am quite empty and I am starving...I don't have the heart to wake DH up again to get me food. I ate a fruit bar he had next to the bed if I really needed it. I really needed it! But...that would have been even better!
Now, unable to sleep,bored and pain free/boy those meds really are working! What is a princess to do?
Any advice on very early morning insomnia?
I have been able to fall back asleep in the past but with all my day napping, nights are getting hard.
I am sure I'll be exhausted after my sister visits today and surely after my Mom comes Sun for an overnighter(that will really wear me out).
Thanks for reading and letting me vent/type aimlessly while wide awake in the wee hours.
Life is great so far as a PP!! So happy we were able to keep my ovaries!
May you all have a great weekend and excellent recovery!

Ok, the drugs are kicking in and I am nodding off!! PHEW...catch up with all the royalty soon!
Unread 03-10-2007, 06:56 AM

i'm home. the first day was rough due to breathing problems in association with the morphine i think. the pain was hard just after surgery but then it was okay. my biggest complaint now is the gas and no bm. i can hear and feel the gas but cant get it out! argh!! i've been able to get around good though...so far! hope everyone is feeling good.
Unread 03-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Home again, home again (this is a long one)

I too, am home from the hospital. Surgery was on the 7th. I had a LATVH-BSO. Surgery took almost three hours. Lots of endo and adhesions. I wasn't discharged from the hospital until 9:30 PM on the 8th. They wouldn't let me leave until I could pee. I peed for the first time around 1:00. I thought I was home free. The nurse came in and said she would have to do a bladder ultrasound to make sure I was empyting my bladder all the way. Well...unfortunately I wasn't. I peed 5 times (about 200 ml each time) and everytime they did the ultrasound, my bladder was still full. Pretty strange if you ask me. They told me if I was not able to the my bladder to be under 200 ml, I would have to get catheterized again and stay another night in the castle. ARGH! Well, I decided no matter what I was not going to be cathed again! So, with my partner's help, (running water, putting my hands in warm water, pouring warm water on my lower back, drinking tea, etc.) I was finally able to get my bladder emptied below 200 ml. YEAH!!!!
All in all my surgery went well. Even without being able to take any real pain meds. I have very nasty reactions to any narcotic pain meds, projectile vomiting and extreme nausea. Over the years I have learned my body can handle quite a bit of pain, but it can not handle nausea. I am taking 600 mg of ibuprofen every 4-6 hours and that has made it bearable. The worst pain I had was from the carbon dioxide that they fill the abdomen with when they do the surgery laproscopically. Unfortunately there is no pain med for that. The only way to get rid of that type of gas is for it to dissapate through your skin. UGH! However, walking does help. I did a lot of that in the hospital.
Enough for now. Thanks and to everyone on this site. You have all been SO HELPFUL!!!
Unread 03-10-2007, 04:25 PM
glad to be home now

I am really glad to be home now. I must have a pretty low pain tolerance, because I am alternating narcotics and ibuprofin. I got sent home with a cath til Tuesday which is pretty uncomfortable and crummy. I am just resting a lot.
My worst part of all of this, was the total inattentiveness of the nursing staff where I was. I tried to not be a burden, but there were actually a few times I really NEEDED a nurse and I had to wait almost an hour a couple of times. One time my bladder was full and my cath needed to be put back in, and I sat crying for 45 minutes until someone finally came because I did not want to sit and ring the call button off of the hook.
I'm just glad it's over.
Unread 03-10-2007, 05:18 PM

Poor Julestar! The staff was very good where I was==although I did have to wait for pain meds a few times. I know there is a nursing shortage everywhere. The only really bad wait was for a bladder x-ray. I couldn't drink anything and that was bad enough, but they got backed up, so instead of going in at 1:00 I went in at 2:30, that extra 90 minutes was really difficult. Aside from that, though, it was fine.
Unread 03-10-2007, 05:41 PM

{{julestar}} I am sorry you had such a rough go of it. I hope that you can get that cath out and move about comfortably soon.

Today, as I was in the kitchen (doing laps I slipped and caught myself ~ so now ~ in addition to an even more sore tummy ~ my back hurts! I am such a klutz!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register