Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Unread 03-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

when i first made the choice to have my LVAH done, I had more problems from my co-workers then anyone else ... I work the 3rd shift at a hospital by myself and no one wanted to cover my shift so I got the "well it's an elective surgery no need to rush" "oh that can be done whenever, not now" never mind the fact that I was in alot of pain, and getting worse. I too had mine out due to excessive bleeding, I had a d&c done to see if that would stop it. My dr found that my uterus was very enlarged and completely filled with polyps. First choice given was an aballation, with no quarantee that it would work, or hysterectomy....to end the pain and the cycle i opted for LVAH.. I'm glad I did it our family also has a very high rate of uterine/cervical cancer and even though the path reports came back ok I am still glad it over... My grandma is upset I didn't have them take my ovaries.. he looked at them they were fine he left them alone...
People always have a opinion whether negative or positive, mostly negative until it happens to them .. Also in the medical field I see what happens when issues like the one we have been facing are left untreated.. it's not pretty...I am happy in the fact that I made the right choice for myself and my family (mommy was getting a little hard to live with towards the end, sick all the time). As far as stairs go...good lord just when I think I almost at the top someone adds 6 more stairs... .lol.
take care all of you..rest and be merry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 01:30 PM

[ I so appreciate the responses, I am trying to make sense of the "feelings and verbalizations" of others. I guess this is more "private" than I am letting it be. I am so proud of the option of help and answers to problems. As we all know there are people who suffer w/o any answers to their physical ailgments and we have found something. I am hoping to keep in touch throughout the years here with you gals, I need the support, and would like to give support in any way I can. Have you heard anything about the "weight gain issue" can we talk about that?
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:36 PM

By the way what is MPH? I was just curious!? Super Response I will DITTO DITTO DITTO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 01:37 PM

i guess i posted my question several posts back apparently in the middle of 3d's discussion. I'd love some feedback when conveinient from other who are depressed and unable to take hrt. I know we all have questions and issues....and too much time (in my case) to dwell.
thanks!!
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:53 PM

calalily, you said it.
The pendulum used to be swung one way and everyone got the surgery, now it is the opposite and we are waiting in agony. I was on the BC pill for 8 years and hated it. I had migranes, vaginal atrophy, severe PMS, no sex drive and several episodes of constant bleeding.

Now I am on no hormones and feel better than I did in years. I even have more sex drive now than when I was on the pill (but can't try it out yet). Even with my problems and my mother dying of ovarian cancer they wanted me to wait.

Thank God an oncologist told me to stop the insanity! I am so thankful he did.

I think this makes everyone worry. I say if you are suffering, have the surgery.
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:11 PM

I did some research and menopause does not necessarily mean weight gain. However, we have to weight train to build muscle and help with osteoporosis!

I hate weight training but now there is no excuse.
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Fionarose--I am not on HRT. Not depressed, but I am on a low dose anti-depressant, Lexapro, already, and my Doc told me that may go a long way to mute mood swings. I have been having migraine headaches--but no more than before surgery. I am going in for my two week check up today.
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Weight - let's talk!

3D - MPH is a masters degree in public heath. I chose to do an emphasis on women's health and intenational maternal-child health. I want to work on HIV AIDS issues in developing nations. Just have to get healthy, so, vive la hysterectomie! I have multiple sclerosis so am already facing an uncertain health future. So, I say line 'em up and knock 'em out one by one.

I worked in women's healthcare for 16 years and needed to go back to school to advance. Plus I have girls aging out of the house so I have more time to do things for myself.

ANYWAY - let's talk weight. What have ya'll heard? I gained weight just before the surgery cuz I had to take bcp for a couple of months to slow my bleeding and get my hemoglobin up enough to have surgery without a transfusion. Ugh. My MD said that the estrogen is so low in current day bcp that I wouldn't gain weight. Malarky! I gained a quick 8 lbs.

I have heard that both things have happened to women; loss and gain. Of course you know what side I WANT to be on. I posted on MS World to see if women with MS had flare-ups after the hyst surgery. ALL of them said they lost weight.

I, like 3D, would love to see what's up with weight fluctuations after surgery.
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:15 PM

The Dr Put Me On Hrt And I Am Also On Lexapro I Do Find My Self Depressed And Upset Will The Hrt Make You This Way Or Do You Think It Is Everything Going On
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I started crying yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionarose
i guess i posted my question several posts back apparently in the middle of 3d's discussion. I'd love some feedback when conveinient from other who are depressed and unable to take hrt. I know we all have questions and issues....and too much time (in my case) to dwell.
thanks!!
Rose,

I am not sure about the HRT issue but I started crying hopelessly yesterday. It was a surprise and very deep. I am feeling better today but I have a feeling a rollar coaster ride is about to begin. I emailed my MD, waiting for a reply. I am sure she will say, "whatever". But I know what I am feeling.

Keep in touch and be gentle with yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register