Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Unread 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

CatD, I too am deeply sorry to hear about your kitty. I have five kitties and they are all our "children" so I know how devastating our furry pals passing can be.

I agree, simpsona, This 3 week time period is kinda tricky. We really want to avoid adhesions I'm feeling physically great and like I can do anything but I'm prone to doing too much anyway and I am trying to be careful do not overdo.
I reflect back a couple of weeks ago and boy, It is true how time sure heals. I thank you ladies again for keeping me "sane" through these boards over the past few weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
3 weeks post-op amd doing well

Like many have said some days are better than others. I have had a back ach since the day before I left the Castle and it is so much better now. I still have to watch how I move so not to hurt it again. I have had no spotting at all which I was surprised to find. I have been so lucky to finally be able to sleep on my stomach again for over a week now. I am not taking any pain meds finally and that is great. I go back to the Doctor on the 9th of April at which time I will have my internal exam and if nothing looks wrong then I will be released to go back to work. It has been nice being able to stay home for a bit and rest alot of the time but I am really ready to go back to work. I have a small area about 1/4 of an inch in the left end of my incision that is oozing a bit but the Doctor said to dry it with a blow dryer when I get out of the shower and let it get air as much a possible but it is fine. I am so amazed at how well the whole experience has gone. well I am glad that things aegoing well with eveyone else.
Unread 03-27-2007, 10:25 PM
shopped til I dropped!

What a great day I am so excited, I actually got an Easter dress that fit and one that I like! I tried on approx 15 (just today, doesn't include a few weeks ago) Anyway, I even got to go down a size--everyone says I look smaller, tummy flatter...I feel great!! And yes y
I have not had any pain in three days, a little quirky feeling here and there, but nothing to "crow" about!

So, are ya'll feeling like things fell apart while you were down too eh? I so sorry about your kitty witty! We have one that is 7 and I love to squeeze him and wonder what it would be like w/o the furry friend. (Himalyn/Persian mix) Redish color and white-purty!

I am so glad to hear that the "good reports" are coming in, I can't believe we are being given the go-ahead on certain "issues", I'm sorta leaning towards waiting a while longer, this is the only time we will have now, no more "excuses" for the "auntie" coming!
Have ya'll thought of that yet?

Anyway, all is well, and still praying for ya'll too-but it helps to hear from you! Always enjoy reading what is happenin' for you!
All across the world we are in such tune.......how wonderful..I wish everyone knew about this place!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2007, 03:01 AM

I went back to Doctor today for follow up. I am was so happy to have him tell me I could take a bath now (I want my bubble bath more then sex...lol). He lifted my restriction, so I asked if I could go to work, he laughed cause I want to go back to work! So he gave me a lifting limit so I would be careful.

I hope everyone else is doing well in there healing too!
Unread 03-28-2007, 03:43 AM

So glad everyone is doing so well. Wish I could say the same.Still having probs with bowels and pain aroung tailbone. Called doc today to see if this is normal. He said he really couldn't say for sure because he is new at the procedure i had; hysterectomy, bso, a&p repair. My a&p repair involved mesh grafts. Has anyone else had this? Or maybe know anything about it? I'm taking stool softeners and correctol, but still straining so much theres blood showing even tho i'm not bleeding any other time. Any input would be appreciated.
Unread 03-28-2007, 04:31 AM

CatD- Did your Dr say how long the dicharge/bleeding should stick around? I am going to be 4 weeks post-op Friday and still getting it. It is getting kinda of annoying--just want it to go away so I can start my "freedom".
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:40 AM

Along that same line of thinking - I haven't had a drop of discharge - does this mean my body is just retaining what you ladies are passing?
I've wondered if it's really good that I've had no discharge - like maybe the material is accumulating inside me.

Anybody else got any thoughts on that?

Hotlips2
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:55 AM

My tah was on 3/7 and I have not had any bleeding/discharge. I am also wondering?????
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:24 AM

i too seem to be doing ok...except for the bowel problems and now I have pain in right calf, hurts to walk. i visited work last night and their telling me to be careful because of blood clots (I work in a hospital and see people with this alot.) so today I'm gonna take it easy and wait to see my Dr. in the am. sorry to hear about your kitty. my Odin is 10 and is a seal point siamese who thinks he owns the world. he has pretty much been my faithful companion through this, just wants to cuddle. Dogs are too bouncy and heavy, Mab my english bulldog thinks she is a lapdog (if you like a cow sitting in your lap....now hurts to much) and Cian my welsh corgi just wants to play ball and love on you till you feel you want to play ball...geez...they amuse me though.. my favorite is my african grey Merlyn who is also 10 he has an 82 approx vocab and loves to talk... thanks for letting me ramble..like i said today is not the best day not feeling all that well...burning sensation in ab is also getting worse...but other then that I feel just ducky...
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:35 AM

I too didn't have any bleeding from the start, but have had a scant about at times (2-3 weeks post-op). I think this varies from individual. Hope you recoveries are going well!! Yeh!! No more periods!!! We are are fortunate for that!! Best wishes!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register