Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Unread 03-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Hi~
Phew...I finally kicked the Percocet. I took one this AM and 1/2 my last dose. Now, it time to move to Ibuprofen. I am excited to experience real life and not on the narcs. I would sleep so much. The pain was worse than I had ever experienced but I guess they did more than they had anticipated. Lots of adhesions/endo.
Well, off to FINALLY shower and live life to the fullest as a princess on my way to recovery faster than I expected; all of a sudden.
Oh, surprisingly, most of my nausea is gone(hmm, guess the meds played a huge role).
Thank you for being there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 04:03 PM

Summerstar:
Congrats on getting off the narcs. I recently got off mine also. The ibuprofen is working ok. Am still a bit dizzy feeling but think it has to do with anesthia more than the drugs. Took a short walk today down 4 houses and back...that was exhausting. I know the nurses at the castle told me to walk but not to overdo it...its hard to know what is ok and what is potentially overdoing it. I keep having to remind myself eventho i dont see any stitches doesnt mean I didnt just have major surgery and to take it easy. I just want my dh to go back to work on monday and not worry he has to take off work starting 3/21 because I have foot surgery. UGH. I just want to be better and soon. Have had 4 surgeries in 6 months. D&C in Oct, Foot surgery in Nov. Ablation in Jan. and Hyster in March. I want this last one out of the way and then I want to lead a healthier life.
Unread 03-11-2007, 07:15 PM

I am still on the Darvocet, one every four hours. My TAH/BSO was on the 6th, but my doc told me to take it until it was gone, which looks like about two days' worth. I know there was extensive endo and adhesions, maybe that's why I am on Narcos for longer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 08:21 PM

adledger -

Thanks, but I'm not taking any pain meds other than the occasional motrin.
Unread 03-11-2007, 08:38 PM

I had a TAH on March 5. Came home three days later. On the first night, violent vomiting from anethesia caused a hematoma to form and blood to be forced into surrounding tissue around incision and genitals. It also caused my incision that had been super glued shut to open and I am still bleeding to this day. I was sent home with anti-biotics (Keflex) to ward off infection. (My genitals and bottom are dark purple in color...scary!). I am in much pain and am on 600 Motrim every 6 hours. The pain is a burning at the incision and sharp constant pain and pressure internally where the organs were removed. I went in for a LAVH but the doc had to change due to my organ layout and to remove endo. The anethesia is still making my mind feel ditzy. I can't concentrate and it's hard to understand what I'm reading. I'm also dissapointed with the nurses in the hospital. I won't list my complaints but if they had been available and helpful, I could have avoided some of my complications. I'm single and was alone and so I didn't have an advocate to look out for me while I was so sick. I had TAH for Adeno, Endo, Cystic ovaries, constant pain, polyp, fibroids, etc. Thank you to everyone on this site who has helped me by sharing stories and experiences. I won't be able to work for at least 5 more weeks. Oh...and gas pressure has finally started to dissapate so I can relax a little.
Unread 03-11-2007, 08:47 PM

get off the pain prescription meds as soon as you can and take Mortrin--you will sleep much better
Unread 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM

beller5~
I am so sorry you had such a rough time. I know about being your own advocate. I had to do it too...I had DH at home managing the house and I was alone most of the time. The nurses seemed overwhelmed with patients and my calls seemed to be the one that was too much!
Ahhh, remember they get paid so don't ever feel like you're asking too much!
I hope things move in the right direction for you and you are on your way to a faster recovery now. I am sorry you had such a setback!
You're on this side now...the grass will be greener soon!! Mine seems to be!
Take care!
Unread 03-11-2007, 10:26 PM

Ok its after midnight here, and now the insomnia everyone talked about has hit. Dh is sound asleep. I have been coughing so much when I lay down that i cant sleep, my son and daughter have this cough, Im worried that I am getting it, so since Im down to takin two ibuprofen every 4 hours I took a small dose of cough medicine. Does anyone else who had a vag hyster feel like they have to hold their lower stomach when they cough or sneeze?? Tonight I actually started feeling much better, like some of the fuzzy is wearing off and feel like there is an end in sight. Told dh I cant wait till I heal from these last two surgeries and can be on the mend, and go back to a normal life. Since oct/nov I have basically been in bed or darn close to it, I hate my kids seeing me sick all the time. I cant wait to be healthy again. Sorry to rant and rave so long. Thanks for listening.
Unread 03-12-2007, 05:43 AM

Came home on 3/9 when I thought I would be home sameday. Surgery was 4hrs instead of 2hrs. And loss more blood then they had thought. Blood count dropped to 7.something. They still did the LSH. Morphine made me sick. Once I stopped that I did much better. Things hurt on me that I did not expect. My hips, my tailbone, my left foot(crazy). Anyway I am doing much better. My DH has been the best. He is doing everything. Hope everyone has a great recovery.
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:11 AM

That's great--Isn't it funny how the pain meds affect everyone so differently. I probably would have taken them a few days longer if they would have let me sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register