Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

I can't believe your Dr. released you for sex at 4 weeks post-op! Are you completely healed on the inside?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 07:57 AM
mine too!

Hello, doc released me as well for S.E.X.--although he did say the stitches weren't dissolved yet, made me feel a little uncomfortable, but yes--green light as much a body will allow and tolerate!

I did try it out the other night, all the circumstances were just lovely for beginning that part of life again.
I didn't want it to flop so I was careful in my preperation!
All was delightful and much overdue. If we don't use it we will loose it so I have read! The fear was going to take over if I didn't just DO IT! You know what I mean?
I am so relieved and think everyone should be honest with themselves and when they're ready or not ready evaluate why and make an "adult" decision as to when...fear of the unknown can make you miss out on a whole lot!
I will say this that the next day--TMI---something wierd came out while wiping potty and it was a "stringy" type substance clearish whitish and I made DH look at it! hahahah! That was entertainment! Anyway, sorry about that but well, don't know what that was! I feel great and glad for everything.
I am still tired at night and in the early morning not easily getting up to get the kiddos off to school.
(may be them late night dates with the DH-eh? )
Keep it on the sunny side spring is so here! But guess what they are talking snow here on Sat.! GASP!
thanks sisters for being there!
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:29 AM

3DWoman-

I would love to start the sex part now but I just think we are more prone to infection if the stitches are not all dissolved and healed up. I have been fighting a bladder infection since the surgery and don't want to take any chances quite yet. Sorry to hear you are expecting snow! I live in Louisiana-- the last few weeks my DD has been swimming. We did get a cold front yesterday -highs today on the 60's !lol My parents have been up your way and say it is beautiful.

adleger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:49 AM

Haven't been released quite yet - but four weeks post TAH/BSO, I succumbed as well. It started out good - but I just couldn't get into it - it wasn't pain - it was a fear of pain. Next time will be better.
I think he was relieved. I told him Dr. Deb had sewn it shut - and I think he half-way believed me!
He should know me better than that!

Still doing great, but moving slow. I flew down to Tampa last weekend for my niece's wedding, and did fine. Fortunately, they upgraded me to FC - that didn't hurt any! I tried shopping with my SIL - my Chicago wardrobe does not translate to a spring-afternoon-Florida wedding with an outdoor reception that went on for nearly six hours! I stayed over an extra day to rest before returning - and slept for two days when I got back. I only did as much as I felt like doing for the whole trip - but just because you feel like doesn't mean you should. I was surprised at my utter exhaustion afterward. I don't get it - but it's for-real!

Think I'll eat a bite and take a nap.

Love to you all!

Hotlips2
Unread 04-05-2007, 11:44 AM

4 wks post op saw the dr yesterday. He checked and said everything looked great stitches still havent all dissolved. He said "everything looks real good, I like it". Dh was there with me and dh said he almost said something to him. Dr said no sex still. Poor dh. Still cant do any lifting over 10 lbs, no pushing, no pulling. Dr said if I do any lifting everything could fall out and look an old sock hanging out. LOL what a comparison.
Unread 04-05-2007, 12:19 PM
whoa!

I sorta and sorta don't like the analogy but hey I am a visual(not just for men) anyway and that just doesn't sound like something I want to experience!
I have not heard any "why's" to anything yet and still asking the same questions as to "why not" this and why not that! I would like to be more careful and think that feeling good isin't always the best thing.

I don't want any later surgeries due to my over doing it!

My doc said I should go ahead with a colonoscopy before my deductible runs out.....I am supposed to go every two years due to polyps and lots of them in my (somewhere in there)
What do you gals think should I do it--it's going on three years....? I sorta don't desire another "surgery" just yet........input please!
Oh and I'm thinking less is more!
Unread 04-05-2007, 12:24 PM

I would go ahead with the colonoscopy since you have a risk factor and your dr recommended that you do it.
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:29 PM

So sorry to hear that you are still having trouble sleeping and with pain. I had my TAH on the 7th of March and I am feeling wonderful. I go back to the Dr. on Monday at which time I was told I would be givin the go ahead to go back to work and the rest would be determined at the time of the visit. I will have an internal exam at this time. I am so glad that I had this done. I never had any pain at all from the surgery I just had about two and a half weeks of pain due to the fact that I threw my back out the night before I left the hospital trying to get out of the bed and not hurt my incision. I have a bad back any way so it was not a surprise to me at all that I did it. My scar is starting to itch alot so I know that the healing is going on. I have been really lucky I have not had one bit of spotting or discharge. Three days ago should have been the day I would have had my AUNT FLO visit and I really enjoyed the fact that she will never visit again. Well I hope that you feel better soon. DO not push it. It takes some longer than others to heal as some of us may have had more done than others. I have it all removed except one of my ovaries. So NO hormones for me. Good luck to you.
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:30 PM

Thank you all for your sympathy and input. I am sooo glad i found this site. Today has been better. I am looking forward to catching up with you all. Can't wait to be cleared for SEX. I know dh is ready. He is soo worried its gonna be longer than six weeks.
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:03 PM

3dwoman, I will quote something a wise woman once told me. You are a woman, follow your intuition. All the best to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register