Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Unread 04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Hi all,

Overall feeling more normal, with the exception of being tired. I am more tired now that I was weeks 2 - 4. I take a nap from 10:30 - 12:00noon daily. Gotta get out of this, as I have to get back to work in a few weeks.

Hunnybunny ~ my daughter gives me those days, more than I'd like! My son was such an easy going little guy, my daughter is always up for a challenge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 01:34 PM

i go back to work tomorrow. i'm a little scared because i'm tiring easily...much more than in the first 2 wks. like inkera, i'm taking a daily nap. i only work parttime but i'm still a little 'wigged' out. oh well. i'm sure we'll all be all right.
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:53 PM

As a nurse for an insurance company and a 5 week post op TAH, I feel
that once a woman is over 40 years old and desires an elective hyster, it should be done and paid 100% by the insurance. Just think how much would be saved by the insurance company on dr office visits, ultrasounds, hysterscopes, D & C's, advanced cancers, medication..iron pills, pain pills, etc. How much would we save on pads and tampons, and panties and bed linens, and unpaid time off and deductibles? It would be a win-win situation for everyone all around. We could start a revolution!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM

I totally agree. The hospital i had my surgery at made me pay my deductible and co-pay before being admitted. Add that to the time off work before std kicks in and the surgery cost me dearly. I'm feeling so much better now. Actually looking forward to going back to work. The day after my surgery, a co-worker called to announce our plant is closing May 7. so I'll get to work about 2 wks after doc releases me.
Unread 04-11-2007, 09:30 PM

If medically necessary, I feel that the insurance companies should approve the hysterectomy. It DEFINITELY cuts down on future medical expenses that they will have to pay.

I had no co-pay, deductible, etc. As long as my MD could document the SEVERE anemia (7.2 hemoglobin), it was a go. Luckily, once she went in - it was seen that I had so many fibroids inside and out of the uterus (25 total) that an embolization would not have worked. Too many blood supply lines.

So, while one could live with it - she could easily provide documentation to pass UR.

My MD rocked and she is MUCH younger than me! Very new school. Not hysterectomy-happy but would do what it took for me to get my life back. Backlash is not always a good thing. As close in a time as a generation ago, women were being sterilized for no reason. Now, we have to live in hell in order to prove we are suffering. Somewhere in the middle would be probably be best.

Hope everyone is feeling better and well!
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Okay now!

Just a tiny spots of blood (when I go wipe after pottying) but lots of cramping and back hurting. Hmmm.....anyone have any ideas?
I don't feel good and I hurt for some reason! I don't know what it could be........
Obviously over done somewhere. I have been sooo busy and back to the routine as I know it to be.

I always sleep til noon on Mondays(after getting the kids off to school) I could not do it any other way!

Looks like snow is headed our way again. Easter was so dreary We were all wishing everyone "merry christams" instead! Crazy huh?

My chest has hurt for two days and I have a wierd pain in my head on the left side. I don't have anyone I feel like I can complain to so I hope you don't mind?
Okay you can.......I understand...after all whats normal about me anyway..Ah why be normal?

So how is everyone doing? Anyone else having wierd feelings or problems? I am still soooooooo happy for the new lease on life that I have been given!
I got to take a trip to Gap Body and loaded up on some real "pretties" for me to enjoy as well. I had to go back and get the large though---sales reps think I'm smaller than I AM! What is wrong with people anyway? I am a "mountain girl!"

Anyway, wheel of fortune date w/ DH so gotta skoot!
Missing ya'll its just not the same huh? Take care and write when you get a minute!

y me!
Unread 04-12-2007, 03:51 AM

I went back to work on the 4th wk after LSH/bso and full time this week. It's a killer as once your back its game time. If you can go back for only a few hours a day the 1st week (only a few days if you can swing). I have been putting in 9 hour days trying to get caught up and the only thing it has gotten me is pain by the end of the day. Last week my 4yr old granddaughter visited and I went to pick her up got so far and realized that was a mistake. Started heavy spotting and I had to hit the percoset for a day. At least you bounce a little quicker than before. Possibly my age (55) and the fact for one year I did virtually no excrcise due to pain. I think it will take me a little while to build up my stamina.
Hope everyone is doing better and better every day. Good Luck to all.
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:06 AM

[quote=3dwoman]I too have a lil spotting after pottying. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. Maybe you are overdoing it? The past few days I have been trying to do alot and have paid for it. Boys forgot garbage day and I carried 10 bags to the road. MISTAKE Had so much because trying to spring clean before going back to work. My plant is closing May 7. I am planning on going to school. Hoping to go for lpn. It is scary tho. But I am getting older and need a less strenuous job. Wish me luck!
Unread 04-12-2007, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dwoman
Just a tiny spots of blood (when I go wipe after pottying) but lots of cramping and back hurting. Hmmm.....anyone have any ideas?
I don't feel good and I hurt for some reason! I don't know what it could be........

My chest has hurt for two days and I have a wierd pain in my head on the left side.
I hope you will be calling your doctor today about your symptoms. Pain in the chest is a very good reason to call. Please don't assume that your pain is caused by overdoing things. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 04-12-2007, 07:04 AM

Bhiggins, I also am 55. I had a tah on 3/7 and will be heading back to work next week or the week after. My full-time position requires 9 hour-days and my greatest concern is my reduced stamina.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register