Vivelle Dot & Dizziness? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle Dot & Dizziness? Vivelle Dot & Dizziness?

Unread 03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Vivelle Dot & Dizziness?

Five weeks ago I quit the compounded hormone troche I had been taking for two years as I never felt good. Last Friday I put on a Vivelle .5mg. patch and didn't feel too bad Saturday but Sunday night I started to feel real dizzy. I took the patch off and still didn't feel right. I read on the box that dizziness could be a side effect. So, put the patch back on last night and woke up trembling and dizzy again. Has anyone had this side effect and if so how long did it work. I have always had a history of dizziness due to my anxiety disorder. I have an appointment tomorrow with Gyno doctor and if I still feel like this tomorrow I'm going to tell her I don't think I can use the patch.
Thanks, Trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Vivelle Dot & Dizziness?

I don't know if you read my suggestion on your last post, but I suggested cutting the patch in half and trying a smaller dose and working up to the whole patch as tolerated. They can be cut. Half of it would be .25 mg. Either that or you could ask your doctor for the smaller dose. I have used Climara patches also and they caused much less anxiety for me and I just felt better on them.

I never had dizziness on Vivelle Dot but I had a lot of fatigue, and if I would apply a new patch toward the end of the day I would not sleep that night and I'd be reved up.
Unread 03-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Vivelle Dot & Dizziness?

Thanks Carol,
For your suggestion. I am thinking about stopping the patch and ask the doctor tomorrow about trying something else. I also feel sick to my stomach. I have been wondering if I still have left over hormones in my tissue that is mixing with the vivelle. I am just so tired of all this I can hardly stand it.
Trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Vivelle Dot & Dizziness?

I totally understand what you mean. I've only been going through this a little over 2 years and I'm completely weary from it. I can't imagine how tired of it you are. lol

I've tried a lot of things and I always come back to good old oral estradiol. It has it's imperfections, but it's really the only thing I've been able to tolerate.
Unread 03-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Vivelle Dot & Dizziness?

Carol,
Which hormone are you taking? Years ago I took a pill (Estrovis 100mcg.) That you took one a day for a week and there after you only had to take one pill a week. They quit making it years ago and my pharmacist who does his own compounding said he couldn't make it. But, as sensitive as I am now I probably wouldn't have the same success. My biggest problem with the surgical menopause has always been the dizziness, bladder frenquency and vaginal atrophy. And all the years I had male doctors they never seemed to want to help me with any of it. From all my reading I know I should have been using some sort of vaginal estrogen from the beginning to keep the tissue healthy. I waited so long that it has been a long road back trying to get to a better place and not have all the pain and burning.
Trish
Unread 03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Vivelle Dot & Dizziness?

I have had the bladder and vaginal dryness trouble too. For the longest time, I only took .5 mg of oral estradiol (generic for Estrace) but now I increased it to 1 mg a day and I don't have any trouble with the dryness or bladder at this time. You are probably going to have to start on lower doses and go up from there if needed because you've been away from it so long. Your body has adjusted to having less hormones. Maybe a vaginal estrogen is all you need?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register