Wanted: small cuddley dog - Help! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wanted:  small cuddley dog - Help! Wanted: small cuddley dog - Help!

Unread 04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Wanted: small cuddley dog - Help!

Our Shi-tzu Is A Lap Dog ..if You Like Having Them Sitting On You All The Time..and We Have A Rat Terrier - Chua- Mix Who I Think Is Great She Will Even Make Her Way Under The Covers To Sleep With You....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM

Nothing more cuddly than a Lhasa Apso. A protective dog of small size, 10-13 inches at the withers, and very protective. You are best advised to get a young dog and cuddle it up to teach it to enjoy the contact. Any breed can learn to love hugs.
Did you watch the TV show Hart to Hart? Their dog, Freeway, as a mix with Lhasa Apso in him. Check out the AKC web site, AKC.org to get descriptions of every dog.
The shelters are a great suggestion but you never really know how snuggle bunny the dog will be. Of course my rottie thought HE was a 100 pound lap dog.
Unread 05-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Recycle A Retired Racer

Have you ever considered adopting a retired racing greyhound? Even though they are not "lap dogs", they are quiet, they don't have that "doggie odor", and they don't need a lot of exercise (contrary to what people might expect of a former athlete.) They can live comfortably in apartments or single family dwellings, as well as get along with cats and other breeds of dogs. My two greys "Cleo" & "Squeezie" have made my post-op recovery a wonderful expierence just by having them as company while I was off work for 4 weeks. Many states have greyhound adoption organizations, just do a Google or Yahoo search to find out if there is one near you. Happy Hound Hunting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 04:35 PM

The absolute love of my life is my Boston Terrier, Buckeye! When I want to go, he goes; when I want to sit and lounge, he does the same. I can't imagine life without him. He is my "baby". There are days that quite honestly he is the only reason that I get out of bed. I cannot imagine enduring this journey without him. No one will love you like your dog.
But for yourself, check the local shelters. More importantly research, research and then do it again! Then when you think you know, ask someone again! LOL
I work with animals everyday from the purebreds to designers (which used to be mutts) to shelter babies. Love them like there is no tomorrow and they will do the same back to you.
When you are to the point of actually picking a "dog" (shhh not too loud, Buckeye doesn't know they really exist) the "baby" will pick you. Just ask anyone who has been blessed enough to have one.
Unread 06-07-2007, 05:51 AM

So - what did you get in the end?
Unread 06-07-2007, 06:03 AM

My elderly mother has a ****z zhu(sp?) named of all things, Precious, that is so sweet. She is so happy to just sit on my mom's lap and keep her company. When she goes out for any reason, Precious sits in the window and just watches for her to return! One of my sisters has three of them and they do lots of tricks, too. The only drawback is that you will need to have one of these dogs groomed frequently as they have long hair rather than fur.
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Wanted small cuddley dog

Hi,

Just have to add my two cents. I have always been a cat lover, a little afraid of dogs. When my son was a senior in college he decided to buy a Miniture Pinscher. Well of course he couldn't keep it with the 5 roommates in a college dorm so we inherited him! Of course he didn't get along with our much loved cat and we didn't know the first thing about dogs, but with a lot of help from the internet and vets we did our best. We've had him for almost 3 years now and he shares our love with his cat sister! We've learned they are a very hyper breed and require a lot of attention (which of course we give) and are best with families familiar with this breed. However, we did bring him for training, which we learned more than him, and he has been fixed, quieted him down quite a bit. He is the best lap dog around! He loves everyone (even my mother in law kisses him, never saw that in 35 yrs! ) and he can't wait every night for his belly rubs! As you can see, we love him with all our hearts! So if the Min Pin is a finalist in your choices, please put my in my vote.

Jo
Unread 07-09-2007, 06:20 AM

I see its been awhile since your post, just thought I'd confirm that poms are very loveable, cuddly dogs, but with any dog its the time you are willing to devote to them, I have had german shepards that thought they were lap dogs, and a doberman who slept in my bed and was a lap dog. Dogs just want to please you, and if you give to them they will always give back 110 %. Good luck to you.
amra
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:16 AM

I know it's been awhile since this post was started but just thought if youhaven't got a dog yet, I could recommend a yorkie. They are very lovable, small (mine is 5 lbs), they don't shed and he goes everyplace with me. There are yorkie rescues and I belong to a forum yorkietalk.com and there are several dogs who need to be rehomed. Good luck
Unread 02-24-2008, 10:07 PM

I think pekingese are great companion dogs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register