down down down!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

down down down!!!!!! down down down!!!!!!

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:19 AM
down down down!!!!!!

Hi guys hope everyone is ok!!!! I on the other hand have gone from feeling great to absolutely awful. I have been doing so well and this week THUMP I feel dreadful, emotional and weak. I was not expecting this at all. I have felt so well since my op on 12th Feb and my recovery has been excellent, so this step backwards has made me feel really down. I cant stop crying and this morning I just couldnt get out of bed, resulting in my daughter missing school. Im just soooooo tired all of the time and its really hard with having 3 kids to look after. Everyone says "take it easy" yet are not willing to help with the little ones. How can you possibly take it easy with 3 children????? I feel really sorry for DH, he is being so loving and understanding (for the moment) and gets stuck in helping out with the kids as soon as he gets in from work and by the time he gets home I just cry on him!!! Bless Him!!!!! I have also had a terrible outburst of acne all around my jaw line. Just big red lumps that are very sore!!! What a state to get in eh!!!!
Thanks for letting me have my moan girls, this site is really helping me get things off my chest to people that really do understand what im going through. Big to you all x x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:24 AM
down down down!!!!!!

Hi Sarah! I am so sorry that you're feeling so bad. Everyone on these boards seems to be of the view that recovery goes up and down, and you've been so strong, maybe it's catching up with you.
Hang on in there.
Hugs.
Louise
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:27 AM
down down down!!!!!!

Many ladies find that at some point in their recovery they do end up going backward for a bit. Sometimes it is because ladies have been over doing it and their body finally says "enough!"

Your profile shows you do not have your ovaries. Are you taking HRT? Your emotional state and even tiredness could be because of your hormones or lack thereof. You might want to give your doctor a call and tell him/her how you are feeling and see what options you might have.

in there and try to , , and plenty of water! Remember, you only have one chance to heal right the first time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:38 AM
down down down!!!!!!

IT will work out. It's time to hire a babysister or take the children back to daycare for a couple of days just to give your body a break. As for the acne I also broke out it has gone away after my hormone relaxed.
Thank goodness for excellent husbands.
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:45 AM
down down down!!!!!!

I found that weeks 4 and 5 were my worst weeks. I was feeling good and up to doing little things around the house and walking or shopping longer. That caused me to over do things and I would then pay for it feeling like I had jumped back to the beginning!

I felt guilt for my DD having to come home from school to do things for me or clean the house, cook etc. She didn't mind and scolded me for cleaning while she was at school! She is the best!

So, TRY to relax, rest as much as you can and let your DH take care of you for now. AS a mom it's seems we don't always alow someone else to take over the nurturing but now is the time to do so. Let your body heal.
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:58 AM
down down down!!!!!!

Aw Sarah I'm sorry you're down. I see two problems:
1. Not enough household/childcare help
2. I could be wrong but the crying, the fatigue, and the acne sound like a possible hormonal dip.

For #1 can you and your DH find some help for you? You're right that taking care of kids is a full time exhausting job even when you haven't had surgery. Most women don't return to work for several weeks. Employers are required to give women the time they need to recover even though it costs the employer money. In this case, you are your employer, so give yourself the time off from child care and find a temp to do your job while you're on sick leave.

For #2 can you call your doctor or a nurse and tell them that you are feeling this way? Maybe an Rx would help.

Take care, and I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 03-08-2007, 11:20 AM
down down down!!!!!!

All the sisters have great advice as usual.. but I have one thing to add. go but Kiehls blue acne spot treatment. the pimples will be gone, or on their way, by tomorrow
My nurse told me before surgery that my hormones would be a little wacky and acne may pop up, she told me to stock up on kleenex (for crying)and acne cream ;o)
Unread 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
down down down!!!!!!

Hi Sarah. I'm sorry that you are not feeling terribly brilliant at the moment. It might only be a small glitch in your overall recovery. I'm sure that any mum of three children feels tired at the end of the day. I only have one child of nine who is a school during the day so I do nap and see friends but not a lot else even at this point in my recovery. I have had a few trips into town to the docs and M&S. If anyone offers you any help take it and try not to feel guilty. Are the younger two at home with you all day? If they are under five then you may be able to get some help from home start for a few hours. Is that available in your area? Hoping that you feel better soon
Unread 03-08-2007, 04:54 PM
down down down!!!!!!

Hi Sarah - I'm 7 weeks down the line and beginning to feel really good, but weeks 3 and 4 were brutal. I was tired but had problems sleeping and I hurt so much I felt as if I'd been kicked by a bad-tempered camel. And I'd kept my ovaries, so I wasn't having the problems that a lot of women experience post-op - but I still had a really rough time. All I can tell you is to get some advice re your hormones, take any help that's offered and hold on, because things will start to improve. It's just not as linear as you might want it to be. In week 5, just as the weight of pain and tiredness was beginning to lift, I had a set-back that knocked me out for a couple of days. I won't go into TMI, but one of my cats brightened up my life by throwing up on the carpet. It was early afternoon, my DH wasn't due home for hours and there was no alternative to cleaning it up. It wasn't a huge job, but bending over gave me a sickly pain in my left side and put me back on heavy painkillers for a while, but it didn't last. Keep coming in here for support -there are loads of us with experience of being where you are now.
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:14 PM
down down down!!!!!!

Hi Sarah,
Sorry to hear that you are not doing so well. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to be trying to balance looking after your children and trying to look after your body at the same time. I agree with the others that you do really need to be getting help with child care and housework. It does sound like your hormones are playing games at the moment which they take great delight in. Your husband sounds like he is a good man and I know it can make you feel guilty that he is doing so much at the moment as I feel like that with my precious man. It does seem to be two steps forward and one step back in regards to recovery. I have actually been finding this week one of the hardest due to the fact that I can do a little more and tend to over do things resulting in feeling really tired . I also am still losing blood and it is starting to drive me can't wait until it stops.
Take care and keep in touch,
Kat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register