No More Treatment For Me!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No More Treatment For Me!! No More Treatment For Me!!

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:33 PM
No More Treatment For Me!!

Hi! I just wanted to provide an update to all of you ladies who have been so supportive of me on this site since I joined you many months ago.

Well, the radiation/cysplatin worked and as I stated last week I am now CANCER FREE! I'm still doing the cha cha, waltz, the jig, the jerk, the swim (uh oh, I'm showing my age)....

In the past month, I've seen two gynecologic oncologists, my regular oncologist and a radiology oncologist who are now all in agreement that I require no more treatment. No further chemo is needed as previously expected!!

So I don't have another doctor appointment until late May. NO DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS, NO TESTS, NOTHING? I don't know if I remember how to get through a week without seeing one of them or taking a test of some kind.

Thank you ladies for helping me get through all of this! I really don't know if I could have gotten through all of it without you. I know I would not have been as informed and would not have taken such an active role in my care had I not had the great information you shared with me.

For those of you who are just starting or still going through treatment, my thoughts and prayers will always be with you.

I'll be staying connected to this site because you all uplift me. I hope I can return the favor to others who need it.

HAVE A TERRIFIC SPRING! I live in Washington and I am SO ready for sun and flowers and that fresh clean air!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:38 PM

Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing for you to be cancer free.
I am so happy for you.
Keeping dancing and have a wonderful spring time--time of new beginnings-especially for you in having no Dr appointments until late May.
Thanks for sharing your positive story with us.
Best always to you . Cathy

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:49 PM

vln:

I live in WA state too. And I am so ready for spring! We are going hiking this weekend in Kitsap county

Congratulations on your news. My next appt is in early June. Part of me is estatic that is so far away and part of me is a bit scared.

May you dance with NED forever!! Me - I have two left feet so we just kinda sway to the music!! I could never do the cha cha or tango! Thanks for sharing your good news. It is always welcomed here.

Lyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:49 PM

i'm sooo happy for you, vln!!! dance, dance, dance.
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:54 PM

VLN - I am sooooo happy for you. Here's to all those late night dancing nights May NED be your partner for many years to come.
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:52 PM

that is def. awesome news!! the warm weather will soon be here with the sun....ENJOY

cheers,
fulky
Unread 03-09-2007, 12:53 AM

What wonderful news for me to wake up to....

I am so pleased that you have found NED, may you dance with him for the rest of your life...

I'll be looking forward to posting the very same news at the end of my treatment, like you, I agree that the ladies here have been a powerhouse of information & support, when I begin my dance with NED, I too plan to visit here often enough to be able to help (if I can) and support others who find themselves in the unfortunate situation we all have.

Enjoy spring, enjoy the summer, hell enjoy the rest of your life, you've earned it!!

Hazel.
Unread 03-09-2007, 01:29 AM

the very best congrats to you. The news is fantastic. I certainly agree with you about this site, when your in need of some much needed support everyone is so great. Keep dancing and have a wonderful spring. Big Hugs x x x x
Unread 03-09-2007, 04:22 AM

Congragulations on confirmation on your cancer free state. Dance and enjoy. What wonderful news to set off your spring.
Unread 03-09-2007, 05:14 AM

vln, that's wonderfull! We're dancing here on the east coast for you, too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register