Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 03-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Hey all my fellow princesses ... It's day 10 ... can't say I'm ready to go anywhere. I have an acre I have been walking around daily ... but I have some real pains when I lift my arms today - feels like my tummy is attached to them - ugh. My incision looks great ... no more vag oozing. Thank you for all your words ... this has been a big help. XXXOOO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2007, 01:36 PM
No more watermelon waddle

At least I am walking like a normal person now, not like I have to walk around a watermelon that is shoved up my (you know)?
Did drive yesterday by myself to this huge warehouse furniture sale by a very chi chi furniture store in Scottsdale. I left so angry I will never shop there again, ever! They had a coffee table originally marked 3,000.00 dollars marked down to 2,500, 2000, 1500, 1000, 500, and clearance price 250.00. So this coffee table probably cost 100 to make and they are still making money. What a bunch of scammers.
Stopped by AJ's and had a iced tea and almond croissant on the patio (its 80 here in Phoenix), then was so glad to get home I took an hours nap.
Still quite sore, more on one side than the other. No discharge from ** ** that I can tell. But-a new side effect; I notice a small amount of urine on the mini pad usually after I have peed. This is something new, I hope it dont last and is just due to trauma and swelling?
Anyone noticed this? Sleep still disturbed, but not as bad, and still eating very carefully.
OH! Something else. I watched a cleaning person in the bathroom of a Dept. store pick up almost gone rolls of toilet paper off the floor and reattach them to the spindles. Ever wonder how you got that bacterial infection in the ** **? Think about the filthy restroom floor. By health Dept. law all toilet paper is supposed to be secured on rolls, not lose or stuffed over a used up roll. I have gone into many restrooms and seen TP loose.
Anyway the leaking pee thing is worrying me, anyone else noticed this?
Sammi
Unread 03-25-2007, 02:48 PM

Sammi, I'm noticing the same thing the past few days. It seems I pee, wipe and then I feel wet in that area and realize some more has escaped. Sometimes I also pee, and five minutes later I'm getting the urge again and can go only to have the same thing happen.

I'm going to ask the dr. tomorrow if that's normal since I truly don't want to deal with bladder incontinence at 46! Depends, anyone?

It's a tad unnerving and I'm hoping it's because our bladders have been manipulated and will clear up soon.

Let me know how you make out.....

Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2007, 07:27 PM

I went to the ballet today!! It was based on the book "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. It was so great sitting and watching such a beautiful performance. I felt like a real whole person out living in the world! I wish you all could have come. We could have had our own hystersister row. For sure I slept after that and I do have some pain. I hope you are all healing!
Unread 03-26-2007, 02:56 AM
bladder infection after hyst.

I had my abdominal hyst. on Mar. 13th. I had my uterus and cervix removed because of adnomyosis. I have been having a pretty tough recovery and wonder if I should worry or if it is normal. I had fever for about 5 days after surgery. I was fever free for 24 hrs and was able to go home on Sat. Mar. 17th and when I got home I had fever again. I was sent home with antibiotics and pain meds. I went to the doc on Thurs. Mar. 22nd and I have a really bad bladder infection and yeast infection and it is driving me crazy the pain is just so bad. I have had 4 other abdominal surgeries and never took the pain meds after going home but after this surgery I am popping pills round the clock. I have heard the pain should be better by now, but when the pain meds wear off the pain is unbearable. Is this normal? Also today I noticed I have a brownish colored discharge. I did not have any discharge until now. I'm a little scared. I also have been having night sweats and emotional changes since the surgery. I thought since I kept my overies I would not have this. Please help. Do I have anything to worry about? Or should I just relax and wait to heal. I do go back to see the doc. on Fri. 30th. I was wondering if I should wait and talk to her then about the discharge or should I call. I have never had a bladder infection before and was unaware of how painful it was. How long does it take for it to go away? I am on med for that. And I took the one pill for the yeast infection and waiting for it to clear up also but it will probably stick around until I stop taking the antibiotics? I have rambled enough. I just don't have anything eles to do.
Unread 03-26-2007, 06:12 AM

Whymy, I had TAH, ovaries were okay, so they were left in, and I have also noticed some emotional changes. Also, my vaginal discharge did not show up until I began walking --like in stores -- home depot on Day 11, Kroger, Sears & Target, Day 12. I feel pretty good, but have noticed pain when urinating. I go to Dr. this moring. I think we are just healing, whymy, so just try to take it easy and take your meds. I had a virus (severe diarrhea and vomiting) on Day 6, 7, but vaginal phenegrin-like suppositories cleared that up. I have not really had much of a appetite, which is good since I need to drop some weight.
My incision doesn't really look like its healing much though, and I can't sleep they way I am used to, so I have been taking Exedrin PM to get to sleep at night. I just use Tylenol for pain, but don't take it regularly. Since I've been to the store I have been lifting items, less than 10 pounds though. DH helps with the shopping, so he did all the heavy lifting. Not driving yet. Going to see when I can do that today. Also going to check about the emotional crying jags and see if hormone changes are responsible for that.

Anyway, I feel for you and your side effects of this harsh surgery! I'm holding on to how good I'm going to feel in 6 weeks and even in 6 months!

Take Care -- This too shall pass . . .

Good luck with everything!
Unread 03-26-2007, 07:16 AM

Dear Whymyuterus, I had a tah on the 13th also. Kept my ovaries and cervix. I had a fever and stayed in hosp. until fri. 16th. They kept pumping me with antibiotics. I also went home with amoxil which I finished. The fever was scary and very uncomfortable. My docs. were worried about urinary infection. I have had ui in the past and when they hit they hit hard. My bladder pains feel like vag. knife pains. Since finishing meds. I still feel my bladder. I'm forcing myself to drink lots of water to keep urine clear and moving. I have had some brownish discharge that my doc. warned me about. He said it was normal and a good way to tell if I'm doing too much. I think it is ok to call your doc. with any question. If you still have a fever and pain they may be able to help you. This was a tough surgery and that is what they are there for. Sometimes just checking in helps your peace of mind. Emotional changes yes. I kept my ovaries and was told that they could go to sleep after surgery. Sometimes it only takes 2 weeks to jump start and sometimes longer. There is med. to help you if it takes a long time so talk about it with your doc. You are not crazy. It sounds like you have had a hard time and need some TLC. I'm thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.
Unread 03-26-2007, 07:24 AM

ONERECAT:

I too am staying pretty close to home. Had a TAH/BSO on 3/14 and was in the hospital for three days. I'm getting around pretty good, still sore, but am able to sit for longer periods of time than before. I can actually partially lay on my side. Still taking my pain meds, backed off during the day and take more at night before bedtime, so that I can sleep soundly. Been walking some outside, but mostly moving around in the house. Went on my first outing yesterday with DH to the grocery store. It was wonderful!

If nothing else, this has made me appreciate all the little things that I have taken for granted. I won't be going back to work to two more weeks and cannot drive (per doctors instructions) until this weekend.

Sounds like everyone else is driving more quickly - is it because of a less invasive surgery?

Anyway, feeling more like a human every day. Hope everyone else is healing well.
Unread 03-26-2007, 07:43 AM

Whymyuterus, I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you that most antibiotics cause yeast infections. Please eat yogurt since the active yeast cultures will counteract and protect the good bacteria in your 'hoo-hoo'.

As for calling your doctor........I would. The 30th is a long time to wait while you're in pain. I've had a few UTI's and quite honestly the first day or two of meds made it feel better. Yours may be a bit slower due to everything else that has been done.

As for your ovaries.....more then likely they're still sleeping due to the shock of surgery which is completely normal (per my dr). Sometimes it takes days, weeks or months for them to get with the original program. I've been having sweats at night and sometimes just feel especially warm for no reason.

Your fever is definitely from the bladder infection - I'd ask your doctor is you could take Motrin or Advil for that since it will help you feel a bit better.

Sending you a great BIG and hoping this all clears up soon. Keep us posted.

xox Paula
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:08 AM

rexcrayola58 -

I had the same surgery, TAH/BSO, on the 14th and I cannot drive yet either. I was told to wait 3 weeks until I can drive. I have started walking around outside some and now that I can at least sleep on my side a little, I have been sleeping pretty good. Looking forward to sleeping on my stomach again. I haven't had the need much for the pain medicine, I mostly use it at night or evenings. I have really been taking it easy and not doing much of anything. The hardest is being cooped up in the house.

Also having a hard time sitting for long periods of time, especially in a straight back chair or even computer chair.

Also, I am on the HRT and seem to be doing fine with the patch. I wonder how long it takes for everything to settle. Will I do fine now and in a couple of weeks or months have lots of hot flashes? So far it seems to be working.

Hope everyone else is on the road to recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register