Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 03-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Can't say I feel depressed, just disconnected from the rest of the world. I'm going to have my nails done today.....and may get a pedicure too. Depends on how I'm feeling. I should take a walk but I haven't motivated myself enough to do that. Guess I really need to work on that! Would probably make me feel much better.

As far as pain goes, it's very little. I get more discomfort and the Motrin takes that away. Thankfully my back feels much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 12:57 PM

Disconnected is the right word. I need a manicure/pedicure -- that would really make me feel better. I did paint my nails Sunday. Tomorrow going to the dentist.
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:48 PM
limping back

Well, I was a good girl and made myself get out and take a short walk. OUCH! 5 min literally around the block at a slow shuffle. Turned the corner for my block and groin spasmed. (I'm the one w/ the hurting hernia repair too). Limped the rest of the way home. Back to bed but that doesn't help the groin either. No wonder I don't feel like doing anything but getting on this computer and comiserating.

THANKS for being here! LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 03:06 PM

Aw, sorry about the groin pull LuvAggs - that's not fun! Hope that feels better fast! That's a tough area to heal so take it easy.

I did go and have my nails done. The lady who's been doing them for over a year now knew of my surgery and had one herself five years prior. She took a double take when I walked in. She said she would have never been able to sit as long as I did only after a week. I guess I'm really lucky because I don't have any problems. The only thing I felt a few times was my tummy rumbling and while I know we're supposed to expel the 'music' when we feel it, I couldn't be that crass so I held it in and prayed!

I'll get a pedicure later in the week. Just didn't feel like sitting there any longer. Needed to get up and walk around. But my nails look so much better!!!!!

koko1116 - do it, it will make you feel better and get you out and about for a little while.
Unread 03-27-2007, 05:09 PM

Hi gals!

Had my SAH on the 19th, was home on the 21st. I am feeling much better than I expected to. Surgery went well, no problems with the anaesthetics, woke up post op feeling fine and alert. I haven't been tired at all, actually, which is kind of tough. Catheter was out 20th AM. Back on solid foods by 20th lunch time. It was 5 days until I had a BM, though, but have had a few since. Didn't need any morphine, just Tylenol 3's, which I haven't taken for several days now. They gave me Naproxen as well, those I have been taking 1 in AM, 1 in PM. Gas pain hasn't been much of an issue since released from hospital. I do unfortunately have a mild head cold, not too congested but coughing - alot - ARRGH! It is now day 8. Not too swollen, only pain is pulling around the incision(it is horizontal). Wearing my normal undies, and sweats. Dividing my time between laying/walking/sitting - the latter is the least comfortable. Trying very hard not to overdo things especially as I am not tired at all.

GOOD luck everyone - hang in there!

OH - only info re the fibroids from Doc was that the one was the size of a large grapefruit, which we knew already. She said she will know more when I go for post op appointment. Surgery was 1 1/2 hrs.

OH 2 - no discharge at all - nothing. Forgot to mention they left my ovaries and cervix in.
Unread 03-27-2007, 07:13 PM

About sleep: I have to get up if I cannot sleep. I do something for awhile which makes me tired and then I can sleep again. Computer, reading, dishes...almost anything.
Unread 03-27-2007, 09:25 PM

Hi today was a better day for me still moving slow. My mom came and spent the day with me. She also took the kids for spring break. I no longer have to settle arguments. My 5 year old daughter is always bossing my 8 year old son around and he hates it but still does what she tells him. It's nice the peace and quiet. Can not wait to get out of the house. I need to stay away from the laptop. I am shopping too much. It is helpful reading you guys stories.
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:37 AM

Good Morning ladies.....glad to hear all is well in your house, whymyuterus. My DS is in school all day, so it's a tad too quiet sometimes. Funny how the 8 yr old heeds to 5 yr old's requests. Cute really. My son is an only child, so he's the one who trys to 'rule the roost'. He'll be 14 in May and is already taller then me.

Runtowin - I'm not having much luck in the sleeping department, either. I get up, go back to sleep when I 'think' I feel tired and then I'm up again prowling around when everyone's asleep like a burglar! Still have quite a bit of 'heaviness' in my abdomen - have to wait until tomorrow for the results of the urine sample they took Monday. Seems like a long time, since if I have an infection, meds would have started working by now. In the meantime my doctor gave me Urelle which is helping to relax my bladder muscle - funny thing is my urine is green! They told me it would be either green or blue. Too funny.

Hey teag, so happy your home and on the mend. I know what you mean about the coughing! Yikes......that's not a pleasant feeling. I had my cervix removed and I'm hoping that wasn't a mistake due to the bladder issues I'm having now. Some say leaving it supports the bladder. Guess time will tell.

Another nice day in Jersey! Yea.....I'm so excited that Spring is finally here. It's as if I hold my breath for four months during the cold weather - which I hate!
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONRECAT
I hope you are feeling even better today ! ! ! I really like your frog story ... there are many (pre hyssisters) who could benefit from this! I can't explain how relieved I was to finally have the diagnosis to perform the TAH/BSO and removal of the cervix ...

I have almost no back pain and can't wait to ride my horse in another 10 weeks and see just how much better that is!

Enjoy our books and good weather ! Thank you for you !
Thanks so much for your kind words!

I'm thinking more and more that the story is true. Here I am, 15 days post, and I feel normal. I'm pretty much leading my normal life, although I do take "slow down" cues from my body, and DH and I are no where ready to be intimate. I'm realizing that I've spent so much time leading the life that had to be led regardless of the pain that now it's easy to go and do because I feel better 15 days post-op than I felt for years before. It's hard to make myself stop and rest when I feel so fabulous, KWIM? Yea for successful surgeries!
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:46 AM

where do I read about the frog story??? Somehow I missed it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register