Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 03-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Jazzyfromnj - I will let Frenchpedicure re-tell it since it was her orig post BUT oh my it makes sense ...

I am now 13 days and did not nap at all yesterday BUT since I worked on getting all the last minute stuff for our taxes - ugh - had pain on each hip bone last night - a little still this am ... it was very uncomfortable so I took the Darvicite (sp) so I was eventually able to block it out and go to sleep with the help of my froggy tummy pillow and DH bracing my back ... maybe it's those adhesions everyone has been mentioning?

All last night I kept thinking about calling my DR and asking him WHAT he saw when he did the TAH/BSO and cervix removal ??? I am so curious after reading other descriptions ... I believe this is something I will do today.

But all in all everything is going very well so I continue my 2-3/day 1/2 hour walks ... visiting the "older" horses and beloved canines! A little brushing since it is Spring and there's a whole lot of shedding going on!

Looking at the dust bunnies piling up ... we have 2 indoor cats ... maybe DH will vacuum soon??? I know - I am blind and must not mention it - oops.

My best to all ... hope you are comfortable and doing only what your body allows!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2007, 09:20 AM
14th day

One would think on my 14th day I should be back to totally normal? I have no pain, no discharge. My main complaints are: Inability to stay asleep more than an hour and a half all night long, and a weird tenderness in the ** ** on the right side that occasionally seems to spasm, also a lot of urinary frequency (no infection). Otherwise, getting out, driving,going out to dinner. Went to movies with DH yesterday, had to get up and pee twice. Not sure if this is really that I have to pee or if its just still some pressure. Have the swelly belly thing and sometimes in car when hit a bump it is tender.
I have my check up at Dr.'s office today and the thought of having a pelvic sounds just awful.
So, I guess I am complaining about not sleeping well, peeing too much, and some right side tenderness.
Sammi
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:23 AM

It's great to check the 'board' now and then! I feel a lot more energetic today. Taking a cue from LuvAg85, I may try a stroll down the street. The block I live on is a mile, so i don't think I'm up to that yet-- Just stick to the street.

My co-workers brought a basket of goodies by yesterday, so that was an Up! So many things to be thankful for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2007, 09:27 AM

Sammi,

I am day 14 as well and feel your pain. I would think that I would be better off then I am. My incisions are pretty much closed, but VERY tender. I am running out of elastic wait clothes and made my belly button incision bleed on Sunday when I wore jeans. GREAT! I went to the grocery store and just walked while my nanny picked things up. I bleed so much on Friday I stayed down all day. I am still having discharge and have since day 5. This is yucky. I wear out easily but am going crazy in this house. I drove around the block yesturday for the first time and did okay. My post-op appt is this am so we will see what he says. I am not really having any trouble sleeping. But I do have some tenderness in my hand where they put the IV and pushed the meds so hard. Urg. I am just venting. MY DH is tired of things not being they way he is used to. He doesn't do change well. Glad you all are doing well. Talk to you soon.
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:27 AM

I still have a bit of discharge -- maybe I'll postpone the walk. It is hard just to rest.

Sami, maybe your doctor won't do a pelvic. My Dr. didn't do a pelvic on my day 14 appt. He just looked at the suture line, said it looked good.
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:43 AM

Good Morning all
Jazzy I am jealous you got a manicure.I am looking at my nails and yuk. I had a little setback. Was feeling great until Sun. I had terrible pains in my stomach and slept alot , then on moday felt yukky and had fever about 100. I knew i had my follow up om Tues.Well when i woke up i thought iwas dying the pains were so bad and my fever was almost 102.I didnt really sllep the night before. Well i have a uti. Didnt realize how painful they are. In the office my dr took 400cc from me.I thought i was peeing good.So now i am on cipro for 5 days and have to measure each time i go. REAL FUN!I so want to be put of this house. MAybe over the weekend. I do feel a little better today but getting nervous cause i didnt go yet.Say a prayer Hope you guys are doing well and I will keep you posted.Blessings..Deb
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:49 AM

Sammi, I'm feeling similar things that you are. I can't sleep for anything - took me till midnight last night and then I was up every hour or so to pee. I'm peeing a lot too! Have pressure in my chache and sometimes in my rectum. I'm only on day 9, and it's depressing to think by day 14 that I may still be experiencing these issues. I'm still waiting on results of the urine sample I gave yesterday and today, for some reason, I feel extremely tired. Weird how one day I feel really good and the next just so-so.

My next appt. is 4/5, so I'll have to wait til then and that will be day 17, so we'll see.

I don't have pain, mainly pressure................oh when will it all end and get back to normal?
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:51 AM

Sorry to hear that, Butterfly30! What a set back. I was feeling like I was getting one -- pain on elimination, so I have been drinking lots of water and it's not feeling so much so anymore. Forgot to tell the dr. aobut that, but I think it's passed. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery! Good luck!
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:52 AM

Deb, so sorry to hear about your UTI. I have a feeling I may have one, as well, but I don't have a fever that I know of, though today I feel rather crappy.

Guess it's a waiting game. They say 6-8 weeks and maybe that's what will be necessary. On Monday I felt like, "Oh, I could be back to work after Easter". Doubt it......cause I'm not feeling so wonderful today!!

Feel better, hon!!! I'll say a prayer that the pee pee comes soon! Hang in there!

Unread 03-28-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchpedicure
Today's been another good day here. My doctor kept using the illustration of the frog and boiling water: if you put a frog in boiling water, he'll jump out, but if you put him in water and heat it gradually to boiling, he'll stay in and die because he gets accustomed to the heat and it eventually kills him. Endo is the same - if I'd gone from the way I felt at 18 when I was diagnosed to how I felt before my hysterectomy, I'd have jumped out of the boiling water knowing how bad it was, but since it's spent ten years getting gradually worse, I've learned to live with it and compensate. Anyways, all that to say, I am definitely feeling improvements already! My back doesn't ache, and I'm not exhausted all the time - tired from the surgery, yes, but not the bone-weary exhaustion I felt before.
Here's the "frog story" - just an analogy my doc gave.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register