Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

onthecouch - I feel better when I do absolutely nothing - that is my body does BUT my mind goes crazy. I too have swelling above the incision area but my pain continues at the hip bones ??? They are sharp and intense BUT the minute I sit down they subside enough to bare. I have not put my jeans on - congrats on your fit. I'm sure mine will fit BUT how will it feel on the tummy?

Runtowin - Excersice - yeah right - keep dreamin! From what I read the walking I do is about all we are "allowed" to do !! Even my DR agrees. I simply try to increase the amount each day BUT my body has told me to slow down.

I hope all is well with my sisters ... Happy Healing in the coming week.
XXXOOO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:34 PM

onrecat - that's how I feel. BF and I were out this weekend to a few stores. After about half an hour, I was like, "Okay, I'm ready to sit down now". I normally walk at a fast pace with a long stride, however, I really feel a difference in mobility. I'm just not able to walk too quickly. Nothing hurts.....it's just stiff to a degree.

I was hoping to be able to do more at this point, but I guess at only 2 weeks, I'm expecting too much.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight. I'll be amazed if I get more then 2 hours at a shot.....seems it's then that I wake up to pee. I still go often......was hoping this surgery would decrease my need to do that. Hopefully as the healing progresses my need to go will diminish.

Chat tomorrow! s! Paula
Unread 04-01-2007, 07:46 PM

Large stride - yeah me too - I am 5'9" - 140 --- usually the one setting the pace and hoping everyone can keep up. The peeing thing is not bothering me - I am so sorry it's affecting your sleep. I hate having sleep time bothered. Do you think these pains I am having are adhesions ???

Yeah - 2 weeks - we shouldn't expect miracles. I have a tax appt and dental appt tomorrow I hope I can be "normal" at least for those. I've been thinking a lot about the pedicure I am going to try.

Good Night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:35 PM

Oh...about the exercise thing...I was thinking that Onthecouch has some weeks on us...so I figured that by then most exercise would be cool with our bods. So I was wondering what she did that put her out. Too much too fast maybe...??

Too bad we can't send pictures in to this site...we could have a toe photo party.

Hugs to yer healing! I think I am finally learning to balance the work/rest thing. Thankfully!
Unread 04-01-2007, 10:27 PM

I am not balancing the work/rest thing at all. I am getting frustrated at my body for not letting me do all I need to do. I mean, come on, I have three little ones and trying to just keep up with the laundry and dishes is wearing me out!!!
Unread 04-02-2007, 02:06 AM

Hi girls,

I am 3 weeks post hyst today and feeling OK I think!

My only probs have been wind/gas (am English!) and some bowel probs going from one extreme to the other.

Feel quite well and strong one day then awful the next!

My hubby has been looking after me but has gone back to work now, he works away and won't be back til thursday. I do have my 16 year old son who is very good to me.

Regards to all.

Jo
Unread 04-02-2007, 05:45 AM

hi everyone
please remember I am 5 weeks ahead of you and all of you are doing way more than I was a around 4 weeks. I was still just lying "on the couch" strictly for 4 weeks and didn't get the jeans on until around week 6. Last week I went back to my normal exercise routine which is Gilad. did you ever see him on the fitness network. It was just too much too soon. Please rest and heal your bodies. Don't do too much.
Talk to you later(in case you're wondering why i am posting here, i met Jazzy in the New Jersey posts, so I hope you are all ok with me being here too)
Unread 04-02-2007, 06:29 AM

hi
Had a quiet weekend. Started with low grade fever on Sat. morning.
Nothing over 100 but felt like 103. Spent all weekend on couch. I was so disappointed because I was feeling so great. I had been walking in nice weather and moving without pain just a little pulling on my stitches. I think I might have had a small virus but was wondering if anyone had low grade fever off and on. TAH and appendix was on 3/13 . I'm going to call nurse today just to check in.
Unread 04-02-2007, 07:03 AM

Onthecouch....welcome to this thread....funny because the date of my surgery is on two and I go back and forth! We want to hear from you!!! You're right - you are quite a few weeks ahead of us....so what you're able to do will be different then us.

Lu22 - sorry to hear about your fever. Did you find out what's causing it? Normally a fever means an infection somewhere - or that your body is fighting one off. Good thing that you're calling the nurse. You may need antibiotics.

Jo, how cute - wind - such the proper Miss, huh? Love it! I'm a bit of a lady when it comes to expressing that sort of thing too, but here you can let it all hang out. I always say that men fart and women fluff. We're the dainty crowd.......I can identify with how you're feeling because I'm the same way. One day I feel great and the next I'm taking two-three naps a day just because my body is so tired. No real pain, just fatigue. Proof positive that I doubt I'll be going back to work too soon. Mise well take advantage of the time off.

autismadvocate.....be careful with laundry! I'm dying to do some too, but carrying a basketful is too much for me right now. I also have to go outside and down in the apartment complex basement - so if you have yours in your home, that's not too bad. I agree - it's frustrating when your head is saying one thing and your body is saying another.

Hang in there ladies.......our day is coming!

xox Paula
Unread 04-02-2007, 07:40 AM

Ditto to Onthecouch - welcome - and thank you for your input! That is what makes this site "fun" ad "informative" is the diversity of it's members - right??? Didn't know the Gilad method ... have you read the posts on the fitness thread here? They stress DR approval BUT seems doable.

Runtowin - we need a light at the end of the tunnel - I know what you mean now. Patience - especially with myself - has never been my strong suit. Let's try to remember baby steps! And yes what a great idea with the Toe Photo Party ! Maybe someone will pick that up : )

sjbjah - Good Luck this week on your own! At least the wind can blow more freely (a little sideline humor).

jazzyfromnj - They showed some beach/shoreline on the Sapronos episodes we watched last night! The Atlantic always looks so-o-o cold. I have them recorded on the DVR so we could see them from the beginning - we also missed them the first time around. This was DH's special request.

autismadvocate - I agree with jazzy - be careful! I will not pull even the wet jeans from the washer yet ... I can fill the washer and empty the dryer but can't move that full basket yet. I feel for you with the little ones to care for - that has to be difficult.

lu22 - fever - heavens no! Still have a slight irritation to the sinus cavity lingering from the nose tube (have no idea the real name for this - nurse sisters can help here). Let us know how you make out after you talk to your Nurse.

This morning I am feeling good ... a little sore from doing too much yesterday - a friend came over and helped me fill 390 eggs for our Easter egg hunt next week! Would not cancel this no matter what - 13 little ones counting on me.

Hugs and Best Wishes for healing well today - take care of yourselves and don't forget to let the princess be pampered, still!

XXXOOO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register