Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Oh my gosh - I can't believe my eyes! I was going to ask everyone today the same thing about the swelling belly at night thing. I have a relatively flat tummy in the AM except for that ridge above the incision and it appears I also have a small hematoma forming BUT at night - oh my - I have a large pouch. I guess I am normal!

I have also been looking for comfy (soft and stretchy) clothes ... but hate shopping (even when I feel good).

I told my DM we would go get pedicures & manicures next week! She is all excited - will be her first ped also!

My moods have been pretty normal ... but I think my temp is fluctuating a lot more than before. No fever but I do seem to stay a little warmer - this is a good thing since I used to freeze at 80!

Driving ! ! ! Close calls - Oh my - so glad all turned out safe. But yes that is exactly why we are supposed to take it easy. Even as a passenger when the driver turns and brakes when you are not expecting it can be (and is) painful.

Today my DH will be taking me on my longest trip since the Castle - about 40 miles one way to visit my horse at the trainers. I have not seen him since the 14th !!! - I just need to give him a hug and a treat of course.

Yes - it's hard to be a woman - I was raised on Tammy Wynette - but at least we all each other!

Love to all - happy healing today!
XXXOOO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:25 AM

Hello Ladies! Glad you are all doing good and recovering well. My surgery was 3wks ago today. Full Hyst..(not sure of the abbreviations yet).. Surgery took a bit over 3hrs. Took forever to get into recovery. They juiced me up with more pain stuff and finally came to. The hospital stay wasnt bad at all. Developed a high fever for 2days. Nurses are truly angels. But could have done with a wake up call every 3 hours. Three weeks later, I'm sitting at my computer, driving to Dunkin Dunuts and enjoying visits from friends. Hopefully back to work in2wks. Rest well and be well ladies!
Unread 04-04-2007, 08:31 AM

I had an LSH procedure on the 30th and I am bruised as well. I called my doc and he suggested using an ice pack, you might want to ask him if that is an option for you. I didn't realize how tired I was going to be, even performing the smallest of tasks is exhausting and I can't wait for my plumbing to be fully functional...ouch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:49 AM

luv2cook, thank you ...give yourself time to rest - you'll see! It took us all a few days to realize there was a pattern here. Hugs.

julz mine was 3 hours+ also and the recovery room was another hour + since they were trying to get my BP & HR up ... but it normally is LOW!!! They took very good care of me and I agree the wake up calls and the buzzer on the stupid IV machine I could have done without. I only had a fever one night of the two ... broke it within a few hours - whew - missed that bullet! A fever lasting 2 days takes a lot out of you - making your recovery much more difficult - be careful.

M-M-M Dunkin Donuts .....
Unread 04-04-2007, 08:53 AM

Hi everyone, I've been reading the posts and you have already answered so many questions. The posts are so helpful. I had a Lapro. Hyster.and a Bladder Tack. I feel great, I keep hearing "you're not allowed to do that". It makes me crazy, I am so bored. Before my surgery, I was very active. Worked out in the gym 3-4 days a week and stayed very busy until I fell into bed every night. I feel lost now, that I am not supposed to be doing anything. I am also afraid that I may be pushing my recovery by getting back into a normal routine again. Does anyone else feel this way?
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:02 AM
DES and children

>I applaud you adopting your children! I only have one (biological) and if I had the money and resources I'd adopt in a heartbeat. How old are they? My DS is going to be 14 in May (going on 30!!) He's a good boy, though, so I can't really complain.<

My kids are 19 and 22 (a ds and dd) and we got them when they were about 2 weeks old. I wasn't able to successfully conceive (though there were two near misses) because my mother took DES.

Which is part of the reason for the hyster. Never having been pregnant raises your risk for ovarian cancer, among other things, and I had (fascinating to use the past tense) a t-shaped uterus and a totally wretched cervix. They used to try AIH (artifical insemination with husband's sperm) to get past the cervix but it was painful and ultimately unsuccessful, and at that point I was too old to try in-vitro (it was
just starting).

I wonder how many other DES children are having hysters? Maybe I'll start a thread on that.
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi, SRYork

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryork4
Hi everyone, I've been reading the posts and you have already answered so many questions. The posts are so helpful. I had a Lapro. Hyster.and a Bladder Tack. I feel great, I keep hearing "you're not allowed to do that". It makes me crazy, I am so bored. Before my surgery, I was very active. Worked out in the gym 3-4 days a week and stayed very busy until I fell into bed every night. I feel lost now, that I am not supposed to be doing anything. I am also afraid that I may be pushing my recovery by getting back into a normal routine again. Does anyone else feel this way?
As you've seen through the posts, everyone is different.
All things being equal, though, how you went into your procedure will dictate how you come out of it. Trust your body to tell you if you're pushing things too fast.
If you're normally a quicker healer, then it's likely you will heal faster after surgery. Because you were active before, your body will naturally crave that again, but you do need to "listen" to it very carefully.
I was very healthy (other than the reason for which I had a TAH/BSO, of course ) going into my surgery, so I did bounce back very fast this time. My midline incision is already fading to a lighter pink. I can't wait to get back to yoga and Pilates, but am mindful of the 6 week date before I'm permitted to do so. In the meantime, good eating habits (which I had before), rest, sleep, regular deep breathing, meditation and good walking are all adding up to a good recovery period for me. Again, we're all individuals and all different.
Good luck and happy healing to all, as always!
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:38 AM

Good Morning No sun here in NYC just cold dreary and rain.
JAne - Glad to hear your ok that must have been scary .KO Ko - I hear you about the nuisnace discharge. I cant tell you how many pads i am going throughLOL.JAzzy - I cant stand looking at the same couple of pants. I look at my jeans and say I wish. I amglad i am not alone about the belly getting bigger as the day goes on. AT least leggings and loose tops are in style. So it wont be hard to find somehting to wear.Anyone know when the belly thing gets better??Like SJ said you really dont know what to expect post op. Hoping we all will be swelly bellyless soon!LOL............Blessings.Deb
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Sleep at last

I finally had my first post hosptial good sleep last night.
The Doc finally rx 5 mg Ambien which didnt help much, so last night I took 2 and slept 7 hours with no hangover. The pharmacist said 10 mg Ambien is the usual dose, and that little 5 mg dose was too small.
Whatever, I got rested finally and hopefully a few nights of this will resent my body clock.
Otherwise doing well, rare discharge, controlling mood swings with an extra 0.5 of estrogen. My E levels dropped after the Hyster even though I was on replacement. Now, I know I will need more than I was on before.
Sammi
Unread 04-04-2007, 10:33 AM

Sami, my doc gave me the 5mg of Ambien in the hospital, and it did absolutely nothing. I'm on the 10mg at home, and it's definitely a better dosage.

Still doing good here, although I'm so tired of being so tired! Yesterday, I decided to plant flowers in the 2 foot by 2 foot square around my mailbox, and I was shocked at how sore I was from pulling out the weeds and monkey grass. I found a nest of ants, so the planting will wait for later today. Or maybe tomorrow.... What a weenie I've become!

My biggest issues, I'm finding, are my moods. Geez Louise, don't cross me because it doesn't take much to get me flustered, frustrated, and anxious. Then, of course, I get that annoyed-mom tone of voice and it's all downhill from there. I'm tired of having to tell my kids that I'm sorry for my tone of voice, raising my voice, or having a short temper. Fortunately, they're young and gracious. And DH is just smart enough to stay out of the way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register