Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Okay, this is a little personal. Since being on the HRT I feel like a teenaged boy! My "sex drive" is almost out of control!! LOL! I know that we aren't allowed to have intercourse, but do any of you know if oral is okay? I know this is a really personal question, I just can't find anything on the internet and I don't want to call my Dr. just for that one question. I have an appt. next week, but I REALLY don't want to wait that long if I don't have to. Plus I think that if it IS safe, the relaxation would be HEAVEN! LOL! Has anyone's Dr. mentioned this to them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Hmmmm

Interesting question, and one I actually thought about myself this afternoon. I'm sorry I don't know the answer, but you have to SWEAR you will not go to any lengths to contact my husband and alert him to this libido overload or I know he will start spiking my coffee with estrogen. I hate him right now!!
I keep reading all these posts from recovering women with wonderful people they refer to as "DH" (smirk) who go grocery shopping for them, forbid them to drive, take them to dinner, clean the house, etc. I just have one question: HOW THE %$#& DO I TRAIN MINE TO DO THAT???? I am now 3 weeks and 2 days post op, feeling like inside my lower tummy is in a dough-mixer (as I glance down, I notice that it also physically resembles this...) and bone tired. His support has been utter such loving comments as: "you'll never get better if all you do is lie around," "where are my clean work pants," and my new all time favorite, "you ordered PIZZA?" When I comment that I'm recovering and supposed to take it easy, and that he should help me out more instead of complaining, do you know what he said? Brace yourselves.....ready? OK, (drumroll...) He actually said: "I helped. I fed you ice chips when you woke up after your surgery." Yes, ladies, he touted his procurement of ice chips when I was borderline unconcious as an act of heroism, selflessness, and something that I should keep in mind next time I call him useless.
I want this man in pain. I want him to have something yanked out of him against his will and see how he likes it. Most of all, I want someone else's husband until I'm better!!!
Disclaimer: I read about enhanced PMS symptoms after a hyst. that occur around the same time they would were we to still have periods. Here's hoping that reminding myself of that phenomenon will prevent me from weilding a machete...
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:33 AM

Hi girls,

well just had a shower and feel like I have run a marathon yet have been fine before. Groin pain back going into my hip and round to bum, feels like muscle and nerve ache. Sorry to moan again!

Sherri - know what you mean about libido but not sure about how you can deal with it. Suppose as long as nothing actually goes in???!!

Leelb - so sorry your hubby not very supportive. I could send mine over to you but will take a while from England! Having said that he works away all week now he has gone back to work so waste of time really!

Reagrds to all recovering from England!

Jo. xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 06:02 AM

Hi everyone
It has been a weird week. I still can't shake a low grade fever. Went to the doc yesterday and he put me on cipro. Not sure if viral or bac infection so we are pulling out the big guns to be safe. There is a fever virus here in NJ that will zap you of any energy and leave you with a fever. Anyway, everything else looks great except for a pulled inner stitch from a horrible sneeze. I was very nervous about inner exam... It went fine just a little sore when he had to push on my stomach. I'm feeling better today and the sun is out. Life is good.
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:36 AM

forgot to mention this tidbit... Biopsies came back benign yeh!!! One of the cysts on my ovaries which I left in came back as endo. Doc wants to put me on birth control for nine mos. as mock preg. This will help with pain asso. with endo. He will talk to me more at next visit in 2 weeks when fever is gone. My dh thinks this is so funny because he has had vasectomy, my uterus is removed and on birth control triple safe!
Luvagge I was born at Offit AFB in Neb. I'm a AF Brat. Very proud of Dad. He retired from Mcguire and NJ is still my home. I wish I could remember Neb, Ark, Tx.
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:03 AM

Onrecat - congrats on the new boobs! Wow, that's a lot in a two months, but by summer you'll be ready to 'rumble'. Too bad I wasn't closer, they could take some of mine and give them to you. We'd kill two birds with one (or two) stones.

Runtowin - good way to put it. We're all PIC's (partner's in crime). I'm feeling okay today, though yesterday went steadily downhill. By 9:30 I was wiped out. Guess my shopping adventure the day prior caught up to me. Hope you feel better! *tissue* in case you need one, and shoulder to lean on........

janebr....how is the discharge today? Hope there no need for recauterization.......like any of us need any additional procedures. Let us know how you're doing!
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:15 AM

LellB - OMG! I'm crying over here! Not because what you're telling us about your husband is funny (but it is!) but because of the way you describe the situation. Sorry he's being so indignant. Sounds like he needs a reality check. ICE CHIPS????? That's his crowning glory? How long have you been married (I know at this point you're sure to answer "too long"). If I were you each time he asked me a question, I'd say, "I don't know" and leave it at that. Blame it on the drugs!

SherriH17 - you go girl (though not yet!!). I have a doctor's appt. today and will ask her what is acceptable and what isn't, and report back. I've been wondering the same thing.....though I think oral could introduce bacteria and you don't want that. Heck, I'd settle for a finger at this point! So sorry to be so blunt........but I happen to find my BF so dang attractive and after three plus years of being together it just gets better. He's been so wonderful about the 'no sex' thing. He's a cuddler and loves to just be next to me. Gotta love that in a man.

LellB - I'd offer you a clone of my BF, but it would take 32 years to get him to where and who he is today. :sad:

Lu22 - where in Jersey are you? Happy to hear your biopsies came back negative. What fever virus is going around? Haven't heard of that. Feel better, hon.

Paula
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:40 AM

Good morning sisters! Well, yesterday was my 3wk anniversary of the castle stay. Today I have my 3rd post op doctor appt. Do you think he has a crush on me at this point? ha ha. I only got up 3 times during the night, I was bummed though --I fell asleep during Lost. My favorite show. But the sleep felt good.
Tonight the princess comes; as you guessed it.. My new husband has a daughter which the world revolves around ....so I cannot feel like a queen until 8am Saturday. I wish there was a book I could give my husband to make him understand what we as women out of this surgery are going through. Let me know. He just thinks I need to "deal with it". He took me for a ride last week... a whole 20mins to get out of the house. Then once the daughter got picked up, he took her shopping, miniture golfing.. you name it. I sat and cried.
I cant wait to go back to work to get outta here. I know by Memorial Day I will be eating my words. Oh well.
Well, if any of my sisters out there have words of encouragement, please let me know. I hope you all are doing great.
I wake up and get my coffee and log on to say hello to y'all.
Prayers and thoughts to all of you!
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:01 AM

Jazzy I'm in Lumberton, central NJ. The fever thing is hitting families different. DD was home one day feeling like hit by truck and back to school next day. Friends have reported fever from 3 to 8 days with body aches. Nurse prac. said her boyfriend had one bad day but following week fever would sneak back off and on for a week. Really glad this one isn't gi bug.
LellB I think I definitely would keep ice chips on hand for the next time he wants to %$#& and not to be used in a good way. Karma
Libido, yes I was having sex dreams the first week home from the hosp. I'm really hoping this stays around when I can actually have sex!!
Sjbjah , I wish you were feeling better. I like the word bum better than butt. Bum sounds well... smaller. I'm sending a hug over the pond.
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:23 AM

Julz- Perhaps your hubby is trying to help by keeping the Princess busy on outings and giving you time to rest. Perhaps he really just doesn't understand. I sent my DH an email re: hysto. recovery, and it must've sunk in because he's been great! Maybe you could do something like that for him, so that it is his choice to learn more, or not.

LellB- Sorry your "DH" isn't being very helpful. My trick to my wonderful hubby is that I got him young and trained him right! LOL! Our oldest daughter was born one month before he turned 17. Sorry cloning isn't available. He's one of a kind! And I promise not to tell your hubby about the estrogen effects! (Hugs!)

Jazzy- I am VERY curious to know what your Dr. will say. I hadn't thought about the bacteria. I'm VERY glad to know that I'm not alone in this. I really DO feel like a teenage boy! My hubby has been great though. There's been so much hand holding, snuggling and kissing lately, especially with the "no sex" rule. I truly think that may actually have a greater impact in the "want" than the estrogen does! LOL! Thoughts?

Sjbja- I was having some "groing" aches. When I was pregnant, my Dr. suggested sleeping with a pillow between my knees as it provided extra support for my hips. Around week 1 I began doing this again. The aches have been very minimal and the uninterrupted sleep has been a blessing. I also put the pillow under my knees if I'm laying on my back. It keeps my thighs from laying flat, which in turn gives all of my tummy muscles extra rest. I've noticed that the swelling has not been near as bad since doing this and I can go longer periods of time without getting as tired. Hope this helps a little!

To all my other sisters- I hope you are healing well, and feeling good. My thoughts are with ya!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register