Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

janebr, sounds like your LSH recovery is going ok. How long did it take for your stomach to go down? I had an LSH procedure on the 30th and each day gets better however my incisions are really sore and belly quite large. I would like to plan on getting out of the house on Easter for a bit but will need some major sweat pants unfortunately.

Hope you are feeling bettter today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:44 AM
morning catch up

Morning All,
JaneBR when I emailed you, I couldn't go back to see what you'd written about your current status. Hope the drainage has gotten better. I remember reading that mini-periods could visit for a couple times and go away or hang around. Good luck on that. I had my cervix taken, uterus was FULL of fibroids and didn't want them growing on the cervix only to have to this again later. So no worries on that for me. Guess we found one thing we don't have in common. How's the wound looking? Still pus? Did they give you any instructions about cleansing it? In the old days, when I was still working as a nurse, we would rinse wounds like yours with a mix of sterile saline and hydrogen peroxide (half and half). Not sure if they're still doing that, but you might want to talk to a local pharmacist about it to hold you over till appt. on Monday. You could also call the Tricare nurse helpline (I think if you call the 1-888 number, it's an option) to see what they suggest. You need to keep it clean. Maybe change the dressing more often for the weekend, just to keep the puss from spreading. Good Luck!

LellB I'm soooo sorry to hear about your hubby. Mine is back to work full time but when he's here, he's been a dream. I'm a fairly forthright person (nice way to put it) so probably wouldn't put up with the likes of your guy too long. Just tell him you're recuperating and he can get his own laundry if it bugs him so much. I know easier said than done, but only encouragement I can offer. I certainly agree with you about NOT rewarding him with offers of sex!!!! Hang in there and just keep this all mind the next time he's laid up. (group hug) to YOU!!!! We're here for you!!!

Sherri: Gosh, last week (I think) I remember seeing a thread about oral sex. Can't remember the recommendation. I think it came down to sorry, but you'll have to wait. Did you try a search thread for oral sex? I'm getting occasional twinges toward that way, but not enough to overcome all the issues going on with healing. Cuddling is just the right amount for me. Good luck and glad to hear you're so well on the mend!!!! Wonder if it is an HRT thing or just lucky you.

Take care and continued healing all! LJC
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:39 AM

Hey Gals - Got my 3 week Hystersister Checkpoint info today ... I read it with much interest to see just how normal I am (and of course all of you, also). We are doing great!

Yes, hubbies and BF's sometimes need a little more specific information to help them truly understand.

Thank goodness my DH has been an absolute saint - although the chores are not perfectly accomplished and/or it takes him so-o-o long to do - he has not asked anything of me! I am usually the one asking him to leave the dishes or let me start the laundry and finish it ... I guess I won't be sweeping any more but there are somethings I can do! I am going to drive to the bank tomorrow - my first trip alone!

I am so sorry for the sisters who do not have things so easy ...

As far as the sex thing ... my DD is now a new sister ... I do not dare mention but keep those posts coming because they are very interesting and educational!

Best wishes for happy healing today - working this morning (from home of course) ... gotta get some work done so I quit dreaming about it and can open my mind to other subject matters !!!

XXXOOO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Luv2cook - yes, my recovery is going really well. Feel great, just a few minor things. As to the belly, I am not really sure when it goes down altogether. Reading on post op ladies after 6 months still complain about swelly belly. I have a few pounds more than I should (5 ft 1 inch - 147 lbs) so don't have a trim flat belly to start with. I do notice that in the mornings I feel comfortable and belly is pretty much normal but by the evening feel a little sore, achy, heavy and look like I've swallowed a watermelon! Stretch pants all summer???

LellB - sorry about hubby. I guess those of us with great ones don't realise how hard it is for ones like you. Both physically and mentally! Mine has been an angel. Even though I'm now back to doing most everything I did before (except lifting heavy things) he still is nagging me everyday to rest and take it easy. He's back to work but in the evenings will jump up to do dishes, get me ice cream and tell me to just sit!

LuvAggs85 - Spotting is still there but only a little. I just hope this is a one or maybe couple time only thing. As my period would be due now and I haven't had anthing since day 3 of surgery that's why I think it may be a mini period. Two years ago when I had the ablation I had a period the very next week when it would have been due! I guess my body is being as stubbern as me! I was so excited this week, went to the store and bought a bunch of new underwear ready for when healing is complete. And then yesterday to have stained underwear again!!! Good job I am still wearing the old ones, another pair for the trash! I kept my cervix and now wondering about that. Have to wait and see I guess. Even though we don't have that in common after your email I've discovered another coincidence. I emailed you back and you'll see we also have husbands with the same name!!!!! The wound looks about the same as yesterday (so at least nothing worse). When I last saw the doc (week ago today) he said the infection was gone, no pus at all. Everything was just healing now. He said to just leave the dressing until I see him unless it really needed changing. It's one of those very expensive (had to buy some and couldn't believe - $15 for 4 of them!) clear ones. When I saw yesterday that it looked a bit funny I did take it off, clean it out and put a new dressing on. Hopefully it is not a re-infection and nothing will get worse before I see him on Monday.

Catch up with you all later.
Unread 04-05-2007, 12:11 PM

Hi ladies How is everyone today? I woke up witha pinkish gooey discharage. Is this normal , will probably call my dr? Lellb- I know what you mean. Dont get me wrong mu husband is a good guy but he made it seem like he did so much for me. He took off 3 days to bascially relax. My mom cleaned cooked did laundry and shopped. And this is the best- i have been saying the apt needs to be vacumned for like 3 days already. So of course my mom did it yesterday. When i told dh he said -all you had to do was tell me.Lol okay!! I swear they are like dogs you have to give them commands, its like can you think of doing something on your own. I am a bit weepy today. I cant take these 4 wallls anymore but its so cold to walk anywhere.Ilive in the city so you dont drive.And now the kids are off from school.My 11 yrold wants to start his science fair project, just dont have the head for that now. I told him next week.Onrecat- i recieved my chekpoint to . Want dh to read it!Well sisters feel good.Blessings..Deb
Unread 04-05-2007, 01:25 PM

I hear ya about the sweat pants janebr. No wonder the nurses chuckled when I asked them if my belly was flat after the surgery. Darn!

As for luvaggs85, I would be scheduled to get my period the day after Easter. It's really weird, I have the symptoms but hopefully no mini periods. I questioned the doc about me keeping the cervix and the possibilities of mini periods, he said that it can get rectified in the office after a few months. Right now I have light spotting. Keeping my fingers crossed.

take care and rest up.
Unread 04-05-2007, 01:32 PM

Okay ladies,.....(drum roll) - and this one's for you SherriH - went to my 2nd post op visit........had steri strips removed and incision looks good. All pathology test came back negative. No 'intercourse' till 5/3 - however..............ORAL and 'digits' (trying to be a lady here) is okay with her. Wooo freakin hoo! Now, that's my doctor's okay - you may want to check with yours, however, my doctor said the reason oral and 'digits' are okay is because they won't 'hit' the areas that have been stitched or that are healing. For those of you with discharges.....well, probably not such a great idea.

I think all the snuggling and cuddling has definitely primed us for more. Men should take the hint and do it more often. It's takes us so much longer to 'get in the mood' then it does for them. Having had our guys so accomodating and caring could only lead to one thing - - - and more cuddling, of course.

Now if I could just find the energy! Geesh.......

Love to all my sisters - and hopefully those who aren't feeling too well today will have a better day tomorrow.

s Paula
Unread 04-05-2007, 01:33 PM

Hello again sisters. I just had my 3rd post opp appt. So far so good. Monday at noontime I'll get the green light to go back to work. Fingers crossed. Also looking for a good Grey's Anat tonight to take my mind off the hot flashes. Course when McDreamy gets on --- all bets are off!
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:33 PM

My doc was ok with "oral and digits" at 2 weeks post op. I was not yet, but it was good to know.

Anyone else have a TVH? I don't know what is normal for a TVH and "swelly belly" and aches.. I have had a BAD cold for the last few days and feel like I have split in half from all the coughing. back to not wanting to even get in the car. I'm now on anti-biotics for ear and sinus infections..... I suppose that is not all that uncommon.

I can sympathize with those of you have difficult hubbies. I broke down two weeks post op in tears because I was still doing all the house work (no vacuuming, I just let it get dirty). So for the last week he has taken time to leave early from work to help me.
It was not so bad when I had pain management....
He is not a bad guy either, just thick... I think that not having a big scar makes it harder for people to understand that I just had surgery.
I am 27 and he is 30, so age may have something to do with it too...

Also, I kept my ovaries, but have mood swings and hot flashes anyway?
It may just be stuck in the house with a sore belly and a bad cold but anyone?

Nice to meet you all!
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:29 PM

Solstice27, ! Wow, hon, you're young to have gone through a TVH. I kept my ovaries too, and was told that after surgery they go into shock or to sleep and sometimes it takes some time for them to begin functioning normally. So, you may feel some menopausal symptoms until they wake up. I have!!

I really feel bad for the ladies who have had to kick their men into gear. I'm just not sure why they'd feel it was okay for you to be doing the same things after having major surgery. Most men can't handle having a cold and expect to be pampered (though not all), so it just really irks me to hear of the issues you've had.

Solstice27, glad your hubby 'got a clue'. I'm quite sure he's not a bad guy, but too many of these guys were coddled by their mothers and that certainly doesn't help. It also means all of you do entirely tooooo much when you're feeling well. What about sharing some of the work load???

Okay, I'll get off my soap box. Hope everyone is doing well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register