Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

My spotting is the same, not red but brownish, that end of period stuff that bothers (bothered?!) us for a few days after the full period. I am off most pain pills. If I've had a busy day and feel a little more sore I'll take a motrin 800 before bed just so I can be more confortable to go to sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 12:40 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy

New to this site. Had complete hysterectomy on march 16, constipated 10 days after surgery, now diarrhea, 2 to3 times a day anyone else have problems like this? Everything else is fine.
Unread 04-06-2007, 12:52 PM

loremar - - As for the BM issues, yep can identify. Actually had first BM about 4 days after surgery, and diarrhea often. Guess it's our bodies way of adjusting.

You ladies are just out of control and I love it!

BF took me to local Irish Pub for a beer. So nice to mingle with society again! Freakin beer went right to my head since I haven't been drinking much of late.

Going to take a nap.........but feel like little by little things are getting better. I did have to take a motrin today, which I haven't had to do in a couple of days......guess it will depend on the day.

Love to all! s Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM

I was off mine week two. My doc prefers not to use them. With all this coughing I would like them to give me more.

Good luck with your pulled something OUCH!
Unread 04-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Sore Boobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystar_n
Hi Seashells, I had that problem about a week ago. My boobs felt like that did when I was pregnant. I could not stand for my nightgown to touch them. I hope I don't have to go through that each month. Although, I had rather have that then the way I have been bleeding and the pain that I have had for the the last year or so.
Hi ladystar and seashells, I am experiencing sore boobs as well. My p is supposed to happen the day after easter, it's weird you feel the symptoms without all the stomach bloating and gas. We will see about the spotting. I agree, I'd rather have some spotting than deal with the monthly discomfort I had. I used to joke with my girlfriends at work and say, I bought my suitcase this week...ugh.
Unread 04-06-2007, 01:30 PM

Loremar,
I am relatively new to this site and well and might not be posting correctly, but i will figure it out! It's been a week for me and my BM's are not what they used to be but I don't want to rely on Colace. Doc said try some fiber and stay away from dairy..fun, after eating broth for 4 days, I could use a little ice cream!
Unread 04-06-2007, 01:47 PM

Miralax (Mirilax?) just hit the shelves as an over the counter product.
It is polypropylene glycol powder which is an artificial sweetener used in diabetic candies. You cannot digest it as a sugar, so it acts as a laxative.
It has been the best thing for me.. I have been on it for 2 years prescription for slow colon. You cannot believe how fast I plug up from meds and things (wheat, dairy, etc..) I have taken this since my surgery (I skip it when things get loose on their own) I have had no issues with constipation, and gas has been a minimal issue.
It does not make you cramp like the colace either and works with or without fiber... of course talk to your doc first. Most recommend not taking it more than a few weeks.
Unread 04-06-2007, 04:02 PM

Surgery on March 15th (beware the ides of march) that removed EVERYTHING. Was home from the castle (the bloody place had room service... I kid you not) three days later. Ended up with a wound infection and now have a visiting nurse come in every day to pack and irrigate my wound. All I do is sleeeep. I am on no pain meds and am at the point where the cervical stitches are starting to dissipate and itch and are smelly. The intestinal gas that just wont pass is the WORST. I'm drinking lotsa ginger tea and having funky dreams of all the princes that will want an uncrabby railroad tracked stomached- me. Good luck to all.
Unread 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM

I had surgery on March 12 (radical hysterectomy), and had the same problem with my incision, it opened on one end and all this fluid gushed out. I had to go back to the hospital and have it packed, then the nurse came every day to pack it. It was awful! I am very sympathetic! Also about the gas. Mine bowels finally resolved just a day or two ago. Hang in there!
Unread 04-06-2007, 04:20 PM

I thought I burst a stitch but that wasn't the case. I was flipping out. Any info on the gas situation? I could propegate enough for the energy crisis. Thanks for the info! You hang in there too... No lifting!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register