Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-09-2007, 10:00 AM
locate us easy

Hi Gang,
Just a short note to help folks find us in future. I don't know how long they keep the Recovery threads going, but here's how I easily find it. If you have replied or added to a thread, it's placed in a folder as a subscribed thread. I go to "quick links", scroll down to "subscribed threads" and usually top on the list is our Recovery group. Easier than looking through multiple pages of Post-op threads. If I'm up to it, or at a later sitting, I go through those and the Pre-op ones separately.

Have a wonderful morning. I will say, today I started taking the kids to school. I'm still not supposed to drive but DD can drive 3/4 the way (she gets dropped off last) and I only had to drive 5 min. from her school to home. The HARD part was getting up at 6am again. After 4 weeks of 9am wake ups that was a SHOCK.

Good Healing. LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Hi girls,

koko - I have right sided pain into my groin and hip and quite often round to my bum. Doc says it's ligaments and joints starting to work again and healing inside. Had it now for nearly a week and having to take codeine for it.

Other than this pain I am doing well I think! Have quite a few good days then a day or so of feeling really tired. Am also constipated which makes me feel awful, boo hoo and very moody (hubby will be glad to go back to work!)

Regards to all,

Jo
Unread 04-09-2007, 11:21 AM

Hi Hope everyone had a great Easter. Went to my sis house in Nj. It was a long day -didnt get home till 12. But i felt pretty good , just a little tired. Thursday is 4 wks post-op and i have a drs appt that day. Sammi- aboout the right side pain. Its weird it feel like a throbbing stabbing like pain. it comes and goes.Also feel it below my belly button. Did anyone have laporscopic? Just wondering. HAve a great day.....Blessings..deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 11:21 AM

Hola sisters. I drove today for the first time. I was allotted 10 minutes to drive by my doctor so that took me up the street. Bought a lottery ticket and came home. The cashier in the store was like "you look like a ghost.. where have you been". I guess I'm still a little pale. My little jaunt exhausted me. But I just had to get out in the sunshine. I'm starting to miss the world.

Hope my sisters are doing better today.
Unread 04-09-2007, 01:24 PM

migraine hit. I have been out of commission since yesterday morning..
I have a purring cat on my chest as I write this and a sleeping dog at my feet. There are worse ways to spend time.
Unread 04-09-2007, 01:48 PM

Soltice - You said it! No matter your pain (or complaining) they are always there for a little love and companionship. Love the fur babies!
Unread 04-09-2007, 05:01 PM

Butterfly - I had LSH couple days before you. Don't think I've any stabbing pains on right side. However, on the right side is the incision that has been infected so that has given me some pain.

Update - Had my docs appt. today to check the (once) infected incision. I was a bit worried cause there was quite a bit of ucky under the dressing and I was scared the infection was back. Turns out it is doing great!! Whopee! The ucky is from all the antibiotic stuffing that he put in (deep originally) and is slowly seeping it's way out. He put some silver nitrate on to close any still open skin and now it's just keep it covered until scars over. The silver nitrate was a little uncomfortable and is still stinging. Might have to pop a pain pill if not gone by bedtime! The incision will scar a little more than the others and the doc says to tell everyone it's an old bullet wound! I also had a little string hanging out of the incision on the belly button. My hubby kept wanting to pull it to see if I was like one of those wind up toys. Doc took that away for me as well. I also asked about the spotting I had from last Wednesday to Sunday. He says we'll keep a watch for a couple of months. Some ladies can have it for a couple months and then nothing again so that may happen. If it continues past that he'll cauterize my cervix again to hopefully stop it.

Any hoo, that's my updates. Next time back to the doc is in 2 weeks for my 6 week check. Hope everyone else had as good a day as me.
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Jane

Jane, YAY, glad the appointment went so well and the scar is doing fine. That's great news. I'll let you all know how my US goes tomorrow IF I'm given any information at the time.

Take care and glad you had good news. LJC
Unread 04-10-2007, 07:59 AM

Well, I woke up without my voice this morning. I've got one heck of a cold. I'm also wondering if it may in fact be strep I caught from my oldest daughter... even though I was on antibiotics. I know our bodies are going through a lot right now. I am back to using a pillow over my tummy when I cough, sneeze, etc.

I was completely worn out yesterday after our Easter get together. We wound up with 31 people all eating and visiting. We had a joyful time, but it really exhausted me! LOL! I hope everyone's Easter celebrations went well also.
Unread 04-10-2007, 08:38 AM

I am afraid I am going to be exghasted this week. It is like hi week four here comes the roller coaster. Today I have the cable guy coming and have to go to the store, tomorrow I have to make a presentation on autism at the children's hospital and then I have my four week post op visit. Thursday I have a landscaper coming to fix my front yard and friday I have a lunch meeting about a fundraiser for autism. URGH! Why does everything always hit in one week!!! I am doing well. No pain, just fatigue. Plus, I am not real motivated to do things. I don't think I am falling in to depression but I just don't want to get up and do the things I need to. Is that depression or just being tired?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register