Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 03-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Home from the castle

I had LAVH/BSO and a bladder sling on Thursday March 15th. I got home yesterday and I a feeling good. The ride home yesterday was tough long and painful 3 hours, maybe I should have spent one more day in hospital. I am glad I am home now, slept well in my own bed. Taking it easy, will write the whole story later. Back to bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

I'm peeing more, Sami - like you said, every little bit makes me feel like I gotta go. Also, I pee in spurts - as I sit there, I go, stop, go, stop, go, stop without any muscle changes from me. It's kind of annoying, but I figure it'll go away eventually.
Unread 03-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Hey Koko1116,
I know that song! I think of it often. Little by Little. What a great idea to apply it to our recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 08:31 PM

I am home and doing well. Had TAH/BSO on Wed. Luckily I had been scheduled for first surgery of the day and it was over before I knew it. Very nervous going in, didn't sleep well a couple of days before the surgery. Everthing went very well. After the doctor opened me up, he found far more endo than he thought. The surgery took longer than expected because of the endo. The doctor told my husband I must have a high tolerance for pain since he had not seen such a bad case in a long time. Woke up without any nausea or stomach problems. Did really well with the morphine. Asked for solid foods the second day, did great after the cathater came out, peed fine and passed lots of gas. Since everything went well, I went home yesterday. I am managing the pain very well, better than I thought. It felt great to sleep in my own bed and use my own shower.

Overall the experience was far better than I expected. Glad to find out that I handled the surgery well and everything looks fine now. Still waiting to see how I handle the hormone patch. Looking forward to feeling better and having my old energy back. My sister is here for a couple of days helping me and cooking my favorite healthy comfort foods.

This experience has really made me appreciate all of my family and good friends who are helping out, plus what good health I have. I am going to try and do everything they tell me so that I can heal as fast as possible and be as good as new. I hope all went well for everyone else.
Unread 03-19-2007, 05:24 AM

I am new to this site. I had my surgery on the 14th they left my ovaries and did it vaginally. I came home the next day. I am a mother of 5 very active kids so this is hard not being able to do much. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing major back pain. My back on the right side mid way up hurts like heck. I have spasm going to the bathroom. I haven't had a BM yet. I don't know if what I am feeling is normal. I haven't been able to sleep in the last 2 nites. I feel heavy pressure down there. Like how you feel after giving birth. I hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:17 AM

Hello all - well, I'm one week post op and doing OK, I think! So far, nothing unusual. My appetite has returned for the most part, although I feel much, much better if I "graze" on small meals during the day vs. eating just a few larger meals. (I guess this was the case pre-op too, it just seems magnified post-op.) I'm also drinking A LOT of water, and peeing more in a day than I used to pee in a week! But it's all good. I'm hoping these new habits wil stick!

My only problem is, DH and I are going through some relationship issues, and it's difficult to deal with those while simultaneously needing to count on him for assistance during recovery. But facing health problems over the past couple of months has put some things in perspective for me, so while my timing stinks, I'm glad that the issues are beginning to be addressed.

Take good care, sisters!
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:45 PM

I also am the Mom of 7 kids (under 11 ) and am so sad trying to say no to my youngest when she wants me to pick her up, I am not having a good recovery, lots of pain in amy vaginal area, hard if ever to go and have a bm and still bleeding, just called the Dr to see if this is normal, not feeling like it is.
Take care,
Marcia
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Peeing, lack of sleep, Rt. Side pain

Yep, just like you gals I have had the same symptoms. The Rt. side pain seems to be related to either the position they put you in during surgery or maybe the gas they put in the abdomen that collects on the rt. side, its still not comfortable.
The pee pressure and then finding out it is just a tiny amount is very annoying. For now I am chalking this up to tissue trauma on the top of the vagina that squeezes the bladder. You would think the bladder would show more gratitude as it now has a lot more room then before with that fibroid uterus hogging all the space?
Most annoying at night is only sleeping and then waking about every hour or two to pee, very, very annoying. It probably dont help much that I nap on and off all day, but gee, I am recovering and need some rest some time?
My husband has acted very silly also. He went to the refrigerator and opened it and stared inside about five times and then said,"We dont have much food in the refrigerator?" I said,"Well, did you go to the store?" He looked at me like I had suggested he wear make up.
"No."
"Then theres your answer huh?, I am recovering, you have to take care of yourself and me now, and I am not going to fix you anything. Either make yourself a sandwich or go to McDonalds."
He made himself a sandwich. Geez, when I get well I am going to refuse to cater to all this baby behavior, he is going to have to grow up just like the rest of us.
My five year old grandson can make himself a sandwich without whining about it. Anyway, he has been better and said,"You have to tell me, I dont know what I have to do?" Yeah, right, poor child. NOw I am telling him alright, and he is doing it. But I have to tell him.
Sammi
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:19 PM

Well, I have tried to back off of the pain meds almost completely and am only taking the Ibueprohen. This *****. I am soooo tired and yesturday I vomited violently and then had to push hard to get the BM plug out. I think I ripped something open on the inside to the left of my belly buttom. I guess I didn't think that by having a lap procedure that the incisions would be soo big. My DH is trying really hard to help me and the kids but his tolerance is not what mine is. I know I am doing to much when they are here so I try to take it easy when they aren't. It is harder then I thought to sit and do nothing. It is driving me mad. Not much bleeding, some spoting. Still wearing the mesh panties they give you and I asked for extra. I have been getting the washed and have lived in those things. They are great. Hang in there girls. This to shall pass...........I hope.
Unread 03-19-2007, 01:31 PM

Im home too. All went well. Abdominal hyster was able to keep both ovaries. Moving around pretty well stayed at castle 3 days. DH and duaghter taking food care of me - thank you all for your support before - now here goes the after.....heres to gas !!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register