Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Hi everyone. I'm feeling whacked today as well. Must be the weather LuvAggs! It's pretty gloomy here in Vegas as well. Turned cold again this week (when I say cold, back down from 80's to 60's). Typical, just as the pool was starting to warm up. Was up to a nice 70 degrees at the weekend, now back down to 62! Someone must know we are planning to run the heater this weekend on it to warm it up even more for DD's party on Sunday. 2nd mortgate time for the gas bill!

LuvAggs - Sorry to hear it's one of those "healing days" today. Take it easy for the day. When do you go back for results on US and find out what the next step/option is? I couldn't find any "wound" stuff at Target last night. Will check the commissary this afternoon. When DD gets home form school we're heading out to stock up on bugers and sodas! That WD40 trick sounds like it might help ease the iratation from taking the tagerderm off. Might give it a try. I also thought of another way to help the constant taking off of the dressing from the skin. The tagerderm is OK when I just leave it on (not having to keep pulling it off) and you can still shower without it coming loose. So, I thought this morning, if I get a large piece of it, cut out a hole in the middle to fit over the incision, and put that on and leave it (base layer). Then each morning put the gauze and small tagerderm on top. Then I would be only pulling off the dressing each morning from that base layer and not my skin. What do you think? The base layer idea seems like the best one of yours.

Smudgie - that DuoDerm sounds like a good idea if you have to have a dressing for a long time. Mine should only have to be for another week or two, till it stops weeping and starts to scar. Don't know if I fancy the idea of "waxing" my tummy area around the incision site to take it off! We all have enough aches and pains without self inflicting them as well - LOL

Runtowin - I think all of us have the same problem. Thinking we are wonder women and trying to get ahead of the game in healing. The days we have more energy we do too much and then take 2 steps back again. As you say, inch by inch, remember who won the race, the Hare or the Tortoise? We all have to be tortoises for a while (in England they say it's up to 6 months before truly getting back to normal) and will eventually come out as winners!

Solstice - thanks for the "puppy love"

Hope everyone else is healing up nicely. Remember, we should be over the hump by now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 11:09 AM
tegaderm

Jane, yep, that's the idea I originally was trying to get across. Only thing I'm not sure is how easy tegaderm will be to pull off itself. It might pull up that base layer despite best efforts to leave it. I sure wish I could remember the actual name of that wound care stuff. Frustrating since I purposely made a mental note to tell you about it. See, I told everyone I was losing my mind. It's by Bandaide Company. In a metalic colored silverish and green box. Name is something about "wound care". The box is rather large and has a picture of the product on it. It looks like a rubbery clear cover on the wound (no cotton middle). (I remember everything But the name --grin. ) Try the tegaderm idea first to save yourself some money though. Not sure I've ever seen this stuff at the commissary but then again, never looked for it. Good Luck!
LJC
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Jo

Greetings from the rainy, cold east coast!
Jo, my friend recently had some terrible bowel issues (due to adhesions/scar tissue from previous surgery) and had some great success with a very old fashioned, tried and true remedy: prune juice. It works very well if you warm it up just a bit (10-15 sec. in the microwave.) Nothing had worked prior to that, but once things got going, they really got going!
Be well and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 11:20 AM

Glad to hear all your issues. today is a reminder that we need to slow down and take it easy. Soon this will be behind us.

As far as constipation, the laxative suppositories work -- and fruit juice if you can tolerate it (i don't like orange juice, but grape juice or apple juice work for me).
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Peeeuuuu

Whew, I must be eating too many Easter eggs. Now on top of the frequent gas, it smells like hard boiled eggs gone bad. Guess I'd better lay off if I don't want to kill myself with Chem Warfare!
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:37 AM

LOL LOL LOL - I think all my gas issues have gone. Can't really tell as I was quite a "windy" person before surgery!

LuvAggs - at least you now have the amunition to play stickit! (in bed both you and hubby put heads under the covers and see who can "stick it" the longest). I always win in this household! And it's also a sure way to get rid of an unwelcome child in the bed late at night who wants cuddle time when you;re trying to sleep (our 13 yr DD)!
Unread 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM

Hi Everyone A very gloomy day here in nyc
Runtowin- i spoke to someone yesterday and they told me the same thing at 6 mos you will feel great. I want tp feel great now.SOOO faraway. Going to Dr today for 4 wk checkup- which is a good thing. I probabaly have another uti, staryed feeling sick and not peeing right and pain- just like 3 wks ago. I am getting so disgusted because i was feeling pretty good. I will keep you posted .I am so happy i have you ladies for support. this website is awesome...........Blessings........Deb
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
stick It

Jane, OMG Too funny. Not sure my DH would go for it though. He's a bit fastidious when it comes to that sort of thing. Gets uncomfortable even talking about, uhmmmm, personal hygiene things. Very British of him. (tongue in cheek - grin) On the other hand, knowing my 13 yr old (son), he'd think the game a riot. Happy Bday to your DD. My daughter's Bday is the 22nd (the big 18 ) not sure yet what we're doing for the big one.
LJC
Unread 04-12-2007, 03:40 PM

Okay I had my 4 week check up today. I'M CLEARED FOR EVERYTHING... except sex, moving furniture and the hot tub for another week!!! YEAH ME!!! I had actually popped a couple of stitches while sneezing, so I wasn't sure how well it would go today, but it went beautifully. The exam wasn't even painful at all! I can't wait to relax in the hot tub next week and soak my sore back! I am so excited that everything went so well. After the blood clots, I was sure that it would slow me down more. I do not have to return to the Dr. until November for my Well Woman exam and some more blood work to make sure that the cancer didn't have a chance to spread before my hysto. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but everything is looking up! Talk about a wonderful day!!! Now all I need is a nap! : P
Unread 04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Pee Irritations

Is anyone out there still having some peeing issues?
This is my 4 week and I still am having some frequency and after peeing a sensation, not stinging or burning, but a kind of pulling sensation. For some reason the catheter thing really messed me up? The Ambien 10 mg is working better for sleep.
If someone is having the same UT symptoms, what did you do for it? I do not have an infection.
Sammi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register