Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

My doctor suggested Estroven--its over the counter. Anything with Black Cohosh... But you have to take it a few wks to see improvements. I cant do HRT either; she said it promotes Heart disease and Breast Cancer... go figure. Havent we endured enough??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 12:09 PM

More good news!!! I threw out our bathroom scale almost a year ago in a fit of not seeing it move enough in the downward direction. I have become accustomed to turning my head when weighed at the Dr.'s office as well. The Dr. called this morning to ask me how I was feeling. (*I've had a sinus infection as well.) He also asked me how I was feeling about my weight loss. I told him that I honestly didn't feel like I'd lost weight and I'd given up trying to keep track. I have been eating better since dx diabetic, but I haven't been able to exercise since the surgery. He asked me, "How could you not tell???" I thought he was joking!! LOL! He then informed me that I have lost 37 pounds since my initial visit last November!!! Whoop! Whoop! I can't believe it! I'm just so anxious to see how my body will look once the "swelly belly" is gone. I informed DH that I may have to do a little wardrobe shopping. Strangely enough, he said, "Whatever makes you happy Darling!" I think he's just still so happy about the cancer being (hopefully) all gone that he'd agree to just about anything! LOL! I want to stand on the rooftops and shout it out to the world! I FINALLY LOST WEIGHT!!! WOO HOO!!!
Unread 04-13-2007, 12:42 PM

That is very good news! YAY!

I could not tell either, it is the swelly belly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 01:00 PM

Hey LAdies
Thanks so much Runtowin! Solstice- my apetite isnt good either. Ever since i ahd the surgery it has changed, its like i eat for the sake of eating. And certain foods i have no desire to eat anymore- been eating salads and soups. Went for 4 wk check-up and just as i thought another uti. Had to use a foley to get urine out. On meds again and really depressed over this. Another setback! Dr thinks i had underlying bladder condition before but it was masked by fibriods as well as having a uterus there for support. So the most imp. thing is NEVER to hold the pee in the Dr said.I am so paranois now itslike i am afriad to be out and not near a bathroom. We will keep a watch for the next couple of weeks. Praying it passes and I wont have a problem where i need to fix my bladder.Trying to stay upbeat but its hard, Thanks so much for your support. I hope everyone is feeling good. I guess all we can do is take it one day at a time.Blessings...Deb
Unread 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM

thats awesome SHerri... Awesome. I agree with you though Butterfly...I seem to eat whatever isnt nailed down. Course I also quit smoking 30days ago tomorrow. So I figured a treat a day is better than a cancer stick right? Course I will go back on my weight watchers... when I return to work . Monday. Doctor gave me the OK to go back to work. ARRR... I wont like the 1 hr commute...I didnt miss that!!
Any ideas on how to make the swelly belly go down? My husband said its been 4 wks, when will it look better...
I like your idea--- Need to get Hyster-gear----for new swelly belly.
hahaha

see ya ladies
Unread 04-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Hello All -

Just had my four week post op appointment. Everything is going very well. I am feeling so much better. I have really listened to everyone here and taken the time to heal. I haven't done anything the past month except sleep, read and watch TV. I have been walking a bit, but not too much. Just lately I have been getting out and running a few errands and then on those days I can tell when I do too much due to the tugging pain.

I received my pathology and surgeon's report. I sure did have a lot of work done, I had heavy bleeding, fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis and adenomyosis, adhesions everywhere. The funny thing was I was never in that much pain that advil couldn't take care of it and never missed work, so it was a surprise to find out I had severe endometriosis.

My iron levels are almost normal and people are saying that I have color back in my face.

I am also doing well on the estrogen. I keep waiting for menopause symptoms, but my doctor is encouraged that I am doing well. Since he placed a patch on me in the operating room, he thinks my estrogen levels have been stablized. I am just crossing my fingers.

I can't wait until everything is healed and I know that I will be feeling even better than before. I hadn't realized how unwell I had been feeling. I think I had been slowly feeling bad over time and hadn't really noticed, I thought it was just all the stress that had been in life the last three years.

I hope everyone is healing well. Take care of yourselves, this is the time.
Unread 04-13-2007, 03:47 PM

Smudgie
I haven't actually tried it yet, but I have 2 friends that swear by Evening primrose (taken am/pm) and Fish Oil Capsules (pm). I'm able to use Estrace (2mg) and doing okay with it for now. I'm leaving those as an option should things change. I also occasional trips outside to cool off. Hang in there!!
Unread 04-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Hormones

Butterfly my heart goes out to you. I know how awful peeing problems can be. Its like your whole life revolves around where is a bathroom if I need one?
Today a girl at the office gave me a Pyridium to see if it helped the frequency, stinging pain. It worked really good; you have to wear a pad with it as it turns your urine orange, but its a good pain killer for the bladder and urethra.
I would have to kill a medical professional who made a statement like,"Estrogen causes cancer." Has he not read the studies himself? There is NO correlation between natural estradiol or even Premarin and breast cancer, the chances are the same as for women who took nothing. If you take Prempo which is Premarin and Provera, or even Provera alone your chances greatly escalate. If you have no uterus, you are only taking estrogen. Now, if you have other medical problems that prevent you from taking natural estradiol, then I guess you just have to do what might work for you. But cancer? No!
Sammi
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:13 PM

Not enough tortoising today. Life at home got demanding. It is hard to stay down when people need you. Yeah, I had that pink spotting for a few days and then it got dark again...real light amount though. I haven't had sweats or hots. I have only had times of wanting to cry for no good reason. Thankfully this week has been more stable. We went to listen to DS play banjo and guitar at a coffee house tonight. It felt so good to get out. I felt like a real person.
yeah sami- I have to take little mini naps in between activities. I guess we just can't keep it up all day yet.
butterfly-sounds like maybe you had it a long time! I hope that med works.
I am telling myself tonight-count your blessings, name them one by one!
Unread 04-14-2007, 01:52 AM

Hi girls,

harpgolfer and koko - thanks for the advice the other day! Still not getting the balance right with bowel prob but am not constipated!

Butterfly - so sorry you are having bladder probs, hope it eases for you soon.

I am having pink spotting now and again and sometimes a smell which had on an off since coming home.

Not on HRT as had op cos of endometriosis. Consultant wants me to start when I next see him but not keen especially as having no symptoms at the moment and the possibilty of reactivating any stray endo in there.

I too thought I would have more energy by now but have to think back to how I felt a few weeks ago and there is improvement.

Hugs to all from an unusually warm day for April in England!

Jo.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register