Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 03-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Had VH on 13-3-07, home by lunch 14-3-07. Wind pain was bad but bearable. Problem now with what I think may by sciatic pain. The pain is in my left buttock and just at the very top of back of left leg. Taking Nurofen 6 hrly helps for a bit. Can't sleep though because of the continuous ache. Hope it goes soon. Otherwise doing great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 10:20 PM
home from the castle

Home from the castle after having "large and very ugly fibroid "removed.. quote from gyno had squashed a lot of organs ... soooo nice not to have to go to the toilet every 10 minutes... drinking lots of water loving being home.
Unread 03-19-2007, 10:22 PM

I stayed in the hospital until Friday afternoon; I had my uterus and right tube/ovary removed last June because of a cantaloupe sized cyst that had attached to my colon.

Last week they had to go in and remove the left tube/ovary due to a baseball cyst. Again connected to my colon.

They removed lots of adhesions both times, but no endo. I have an estradoil patch on.

No staples just stitching and steri-strips. I have a little oozing still? Is this normal?

Insomnia and I took myself off of oxycodone today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 11:16 AM

I am home also had surgery on wednesday and came home on saturday morning. My sugery lasted 3hrs at least also they took everything the good thing is the cyst they removed was not the big C. I had one the size of softball and they said inside my tubes were black infection never heard that one. The only thing that bothered me is i am cut from 1inch above belly button to the hairline. I thought that was a pretty large incision but the doc says he wanted to make sure to look around good. I made sure to use the patch before going under and i did not have any stomach upset at all afterwards. I do have lots of problems when i eat food now my stomach knots up and cramps after i eat and i am having problems with the emotion rollercoaster it seems to have kicked in and my doc will not give me anything for that till i go back for 4-6wk checkup. So i try and not cry or get upset in front of dh but i did once yesterday when he called and i broke down on the phone so i have to try and watch that as much as possible. Otherwise can't wait to get staples out and beable to move around more freely we have our family easter dinner this coming sunday at least i dont have to cook or fix anything this year it will be up to daughters and daughter in law which will be different for me since i always fix the dinner. So good luck to everyone and take the pleasure in being pampered.
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:27 PM

yeah me too had a lot pf pressure on my spine and bowel - doc asked dh while I was in recovery if I had ever experienced severe back pain ? said there was a lot of pressure there
Unread 03-20-2007, 07:00 PM

one week post op and had a little hic hup today. Still recovering fantastically, every day doing a little more and feeling great. Last Friday had to take a quick trip to the ER as one of my incisions had got infected. No, big deal, cleaned it and put me on antibiotics. Been cleaning it often with hydrogen peroxide, puting bacticin on and taking the antibiotics like a good girl. Then yesterday it started to bleed a little and looked a bit too red around the edges. Spoke to the Doc who said just come in tomorrow and I'll check to make sure it's healing OK. I'm sure he expected to look and send me away. When he say it he agreed it looked a bit "angry" so decided to poke around with a big old Q tip. I tell you, if I didn't like my doctor so much I would have knocked him across the room it hurt so bad! Then he decided to numb me up with some lidocain (spelling?) so he could dig down a couple of inches. Good job I couldn't feel that! Next he packed it with some funny fuzzy stuff that melts inside as another antibiotic. Then off he went to check the lab results from the swab they took on Friday at the ER. Then tells me that the antibiotics I have been taking since Friday won't do anything for this type of infection. It's something called sudo??????????? that obviously got in there before the incision was glued shut in the operating room. At least it made me feel better that it wasn't something I'd done to cause the infection. Changed up antibiotics to the right one and ordered me some demoral tablets for pain. Only took motrin coming out of the hospital and even stopped them by Saturday, but boy! I couldn't wait to pop one of those demorals once the lidocain wore off. Gotta go back Friday to let him see everything again. As I already said, recovery going great, don't regret a thing, just a little hic hup, what fun would it be without a little drama! Just wanted to update everyone. Hope all recoveries are going well.
Unread 03-20-2007, 07:18 PM

But now I have a question - bowel movements when to expect - lots of gas but nothing else. Trying prune juice and ginger ale, more fiber - doctor had me take senekot before and after surgery - is there anything else I can should do or should I be concerned ?
Unread 03-20-2007, 07:41 PM

I know how you are feeling. I phoned my doctor yesterday and they said they they recommend Milk of Magnisum. My Dh picked it up for me on his way home yesterday, and today all I have been doing is going like crazy. No cramping, and no pushing. Comes out nice and easy. I hope all goes well.
Unread 03-20-2007, 08:22 PM
all us recovery gals

Getting caught up. I haven't been able to be on this thread much since I came home. Recovery for the most part has been going very well. Can't sit at this computer long though, so usually only get through one part of the site a day.
Until last night, I thought recovery was going like a breeze. Couldn't believe how easy. Well, well, things can change quick. Last night I was VERY bloated, so bloated it was an effort to breath. Worse, it felt like all my innards were trying to become outards through my vagina. I could actually feel a solid mass just inside my vagina opening. I knew my Dr. does surgery on Tuesdays so didn't want to call her so late, so hung on through the night (with the help of going back to my codiene). Better this morning but if I'm not prone, I can feel the pressure building back up. Oh, an I had NOT been over-doing it. I've been very careful to keep resting and following my body's lead. In fact, yesterday all day, I felt crumby so stayed in bed almost all day (up for food and pee only).

Finally heard back from the RNP in her office, after I called 3 times. Here's what I learned (WHY don't they warn you about this stuff at discharge?!?!?) Apparently at day 5-10 the stitches start forming scar tissue and pulling on the suture line. Normal part of healing, BUT... it causes some additional swelling inside and some bleeding. Sometimes a stitched ligament can pull lose and things can fall. Sometimes, they'll go back on own and continue healing. Pressure is usually from all that healing/swelling. The amount I had last PM was unusual though so she wants me to come in tomorrow just to make sure.

The reason I mention all this is: when I looked up on the site about vaginal pressure, everything I saw was about problems with it if you'd been up and pushing recovery too much or done too much several weeks into recovery. I'm here to say, that's not always the case. Most likely, things are ok, but if you're feeling lots of pressure you may want to give the Dr. a call.

Continuing to rest, mostly prone ALL day. Had to take a short break though but am now back to bed. Even with this, I feel like recovery is going well and this was just a wake up call.

BTW: read the article on adhesions. Good info. there. Made me re-think what and how I was doing stuff even when I thought I was taking it easy.
Good luck to all!!! LJC

PS: peeing lots too. Lots more H2O intake and also everything is also still swollen in there. Bladder is getting lots of external stimulus. SOOOOO glad that bad gas pain stuff is over. I can handle peeing better than gas!

LJC : TVH for MULTIPLE fibroids, uterus prolapse, enlargement (10wk).
Unread 03-20-2007, 09:03 PM
5th day

I noticed also that my fourth and fifth day seemed to be my worse, for spasms and just feeling gassy and bloated in general. I have been doing pretty well in the BM department by taking stool softner AM and PM, and keeping my diet simple and mostly vegetarian. For supper tonight I just had a strawberry milk shake. Going out to dinner for Red Lobster's lobster special and I probably will eat a small amount of the lobster, but still not ready to hunker down on a hamburger.
Sammi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register