Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-23-2007, 07:09 PM
height of fashion

Jane, A duck-tape dress is just as it sounds. There's a contest put on by I guess the makers of ducktape. You make a dress & tux (?) out of ducktape. You have to wear it to Prom and have pictures taken of you and your partner. Apparently on the website (no idea which),there are some pretty outstanding examples from year's past. I think the winner gets a $3000.00 scholarship. Lindsey and one of her girl friend's are doing it together. None of the boys would go for it. They'll do the picture thing and then change at the Prom into nicer dresses/outfits. I must confess to being pretty curious about these "dresses". They're making them at the other girl's house so I haven't seen them. I'll email pics. when we get them. If nothing else, it's got to be a hoot.
LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Hi Everyone! You are wonderful and I like to hear how you all are doing. I think that silver nitrate cauterizing worked well. I had dark grey discharge from it for a while, but now I have NO discharge! Yeehaw. Amazing thing after bleeding everyday of my life for sooooo long. None. Absolutely nothing. Wow. Wow. Wow. Did I say Wow? wow.

Since the doctor said that I can't hurt myself, I am starting to get going. I am walking about a mile a day and one day we all rode bikes into town for a bagel. I feel like a real person that can do things with my fam and get them out of the house and active again. What a wonderful thing. I am achy down there and feel heavy especially at night. And still need that sleep. But life is gooood. I wonder how good it will be? Hmmm....amazing hope....to live life without the dragging of anemia. So yep! Whoo Hoo!
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:08 PM

hi all. I got the results of a hormone test they did they said it was "normal" which is not reassuring with the changes I have been experiencing. Not that I want them to call with disastrous news, but something would be nice.
Does anyone know if "normal" hormone function has a large range? The cause for my hysterectomy was too much unopposed estrogen. Which was abnormal enough to cause a stage 2 carcinoma. However registered as "normal" hormone function.
I suppose I could call and ask what the difference in their "normal" was between tests.

My stomach and bowels are feeling better. I took two walks today. One with a stubborn puppy who has not been walked right in a month. So by the end of that we where both shot.
I am still feeling tender.
Seashells. Boy if that is not a reminder to mind our limits nothing is. I am SO sorry to hear that you are hurting and hope it all resolves quickly.

Luvaggs85: My hubby left this morning. It is strange to have him in another state. Though I realized so much of my evening routing circles around him. I took a walk instead of making dinner and we had leftovers. It was liberating, though sleeping will be strange.
I hope that you are getting lots of help from your kids and that you don't over do with that pulling still bothering you.

Good night all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 01:08 AM

Hi girls,

am still getting hip pain and odd niggly aches in my tum on and off but other than that am ok. Walking every day but oh so tired when I get home!

Off to GP today for sick note so will ask about hip pain again.

Anyone still having sluggish bowels?! Still having to take occasional senokot as I go from one extreme to the other very quickly.

Regards to all.

Jo.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:37 AM

HELP!
I dont know if I have been doing too much or what ... I have been feeling good. When I laugh, I still have pain in my belly. But I guess thats still normal. Sunday night I started feeling sore again in my belly. Like it was my 1st week out of the castle. Last night I had a fever... and today my belly is so sore. I did some power walking... 20mins worth. Am I relapsing? Did I do too much? I am afraid to call my doctor and get yelled it. Does anyone have any advice besides rest?
thanks sista's
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz121
HELP!
I dont know if I have been doing too much or what ... I have been feeling good. When I laugh, I still have pain in my belly. But I guess thats still normal. Sunday night I started feeling sore again in my belly. Like it was my 1st week out of the castle. Last night I had a fever... and today my belly is so sore. I did some power walking... 20mins worth. Am I relapsing? Did I do too much? I am afraid to call my doctor and get yelled it. Does anyone have any advice besides rest?
thanks sista's
Dear Julz,

You should start a new thread in the PostOp forum for any questions regarding your recovery. By posting your recovery questions in the Recovery Progress thread, you are limiting responses to those from only the members who participate in this thread. Starting a new thread will allow other members to lend support.

That being said, and although you don't want to call your doctor, that would be my advice. If you are feeling as badly as you did your first week, you should call and let him/her know, especially since you're running a fever. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:09 AM

Julz - I would talk to your doctor to put your mind at rest. Hope you feel better soon.

Well just after I posted this morning started to feel weak and shaky. Went to docs for note and mentioned how I felt and he said I looked very pale and need a blood test to check for anaemia. (I should have been taking iron tablets after op but didn't cos of bowel probs, I know I am very naughty). He also said that meno symptoms can start at the 6 week stage so could be both causing this.

He not too concerned about hip pain and thinks it will settle in time.

Feeling rather sorry for myself as it is few days OK then few days not.

Sorry to moan.

Jo.
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:31 AM
my hubby gone too

Hi Solstice, What a coincidence. My hubby left yesterday. He'll be gone through Fri. night. When will yours be back? Mine is in Colorado. I can't remember where you said yours was going.

My kids have generally been a help, although I have to ask them to do stuff. When hubby is gone, which for us generally is often, we take it a bit easier. He cut back on his trips for my recovery but duties were stacking up. His command spans weather and research stations all over the US. So he's often gone coordinating and doing that command thing. So we're used to it. Dinner is much less planned when he's gone. Brinner for dinner (Brinner = breakfast for dinner) is common. It also helps that both kids are older and pretty self reliant. Even after all this time with him taking frequent trips, I know what you mean about sleeping. I didn't go to sleep until after 2am. First night is always the hardest. Guess I'm so sleepy the next it gets easier.

Seashell: have you found out anything? How are you?! We're thinking about you and hope you're doing better.

Runtown: glad the Silver nitrate worked so well! and sounds like appointment went well.

Solstice (again): I'd check into the hormone thing. If there was a problem with free estrogen before, I'd assume there would be again. Good Luck.

Jo: yeah, I'm still taking colace and extra fibre but that seems to be doing it for me. With the pulling and vaginal thing I'm really trying to make sure stools stay soft and easy. I know what you mean about on again off again! I think the groin/vagina thing is getting better and then BAM! all back again. We'll hang in there together and figure this all out!

Sure can't figure out this pulling thing. Yesterday, for no reason, it flared up again. Pulling even more today. Watch tomorrow, when my Dr. appointment is, it will NOT be hurting. Heavy feeling in vagina is worse too. Sigh. I'm really wondering if they're related. That whatever is falling into vaginal vault, is pulling on a tendon or something. That's something I want to discuss with Dr. I think other than that issue, I'd be pretty healed up. Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record. I think if I KNEW what was causing it, I'd be able to handle it better.

Well, rainy & stormy today. Looks like a good day for a movie. Too bad new netflix order hasn't come yet. Wait, I forgot to check mailbox yesterday. (DH ususally does that ) Guess I'll brave the rain to see if anything is in there.

Have a good day ladies. Those with Dr. appointments today, let us know how they went!

LJC
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:45 AM

luvaggs85: thank you for your response, He will be back Thursday and is in Atlanta. He called last night, they have him placed in a resort in a 2 bedroom cottage with a jaccusi in it. Golf corse, sailing, gym, pool, etc.
He had dinner last night on the company, 4 beers and was sent to his cottage with a 12 pack(party with the guys). Spioled!! hehehe.. I am thrilled for him.
My kids don't help because they see the need either. I always have to ask. My 12 year old is usually good for a few chores a day ;-)

I am sore inside from my walks yesterday. Strange sensation. Though I agree that I am not near as tired as I used to be.

First hot flash in a while, not so bad. I think my hormones are trying to level out to where they where. I think I am Pmsing this week too. Headaches and sore breasts are tell tale (moody too shhh..)

I don't think that my doc is concerned about the unopposed estrogen so much now that I don't have an endometrial lining to screw up. I will certainly ask on Thursday however.
She is giving me to option of a Nuva ring to level hormones out, but only if my migraines get worse or my levels show up "abnormal".

I have been on iron too since a couple of weeks before the surgery. I took a couple of weeks off and I think it made every symptom seem worse, and the fatigue. My iron levels only show up as normal when I take them too. Too many years of too much blood loss. Sjbjah: I would say take them and ask your doc about something better than the over the counter options for bowel control. There are quite a few and most don't have half the side effects or tendency to cause severe changes. I hope you start feeling better soon. It always takes me at least three days to feel better if my iron is low and I start back on my supps.
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:42 AM

julz121
Hi sorry to hear that you have a fever. I have been running a low grade fever for 6 weeks off and on since I left the hosp. At first my doc put me on 10 days of cipro. It really didn't effect the fever. At my visit last week he did not want me on any more anti. until blood count and uti were taken. A low grade fever can be caused from inflammation. He said he thinks my body is just taking a little longer to heal. He always said call if over 101! I have noticed that the more physical I am during the day the more likely I am to have a fever at night. When it is up I sometimes feel like I got hit by a truck. I get very moody and want to put my feet up. Especially this week I have been feeling great walking and going to the gym to do wimpy weights. The fevers are getting shorter and shorter. I would call, better to get help quick than wait for more pain. Hopefully this too will pass. I hope to get my blood work back today. Feel Better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register