Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-26-2007, 06:56 PM
good question

Hi Everyone.
It's very heartening to see those who are getting cleared and doing well. Sort of depressing too but for a different reason than you might think. Pretty soon, many of us will start getting caught up in our daily crazy lives and we'll start loosing now dear sisters on the thread. But I love seeing most of us getting on with our lives and doing well.

Jane: Yep, I keep wondering what the wait is for too. I sort of get mixed messages from her. She tells me to come back in 4 weeks unless I'm still having trouble, then 2. Why not just say, come back in 2 but cancel if all settles out. My impression too from her & online that rectoceles don't just resolve, so.... I think the groin thing really has her stumped and she just keeps hoping that rest will make it go away. I'm going to set up an appointment with my regular Dr. and discuss this all with him soon. Get another outlook on handling the whole thing. I'd say I'm past the swelling issue by now, stitches were all healed, & other than these two issues am feeling well and tolerating activity. From what I've read on Webmd, surgery will be the only way to correct the rectocele issue - great. A pessary works if you have your uterus, but well..... so much for that.
Quick note: today I made an appointment for my daughter and they asked for the whole number. Guess it's not military wide. Sounds like a base hospital policy, not DOD.
Solstice, my hubby comes home "tonight" too but not till 2 or 3am. All that will accomplish is waking me up. I must admit, I didn't fess up to my Doc. about my little stimulation escapade either and I'm sure it's part of what caused the flare up yesterday. I'd say if you're not having bleeding by now, you were probably safe. DH & I have been drawing the line at zilch for the very reason you guys experienced. I think I am going to give him one go though. I want to see if the rectocele causes pain because that's one criteria for getting it dealt with and I can then present any difficulty as a complaint.

Well, better give someone else space. I always seem to write lengthy entries.
LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Hi all,

groin/hip pain not getting any better so have had to resort to strong pain killers for now and senokot for bowels!

Blood test today to check for anaemia. Have started taking iron tablets.

Hubby home later today for weekend and back again sunday night. He's on holiday for a week after that so something to look forward to!

Am envious of all who have had 6 week appt, mine should be this week but they can't fit me in til I am 9 weeks. That's ths NHS for you.

Regards to all,

Jo.
Unread 04-27-2007, 08:15 AM

Luvaggs:
My doc released me for self stimulation at 2 weeks post op. I am a little surprised that your trial was so painful. Though I have to admit that it does make me sore too if I go down that road.....
I think that doctors get flabbergasted when things don't go the way they expect and hope that "time" will heal all. I saw a posting for the rectocole (sp?) and it looks like there is a hystersister group about it. They would have tips for you.
My hubby was not too surprised when I told him he had to wait. Disappointed though. It was great to have him to snuggle last night.. I finally got a couple hours uninterrupted sleep.
I have a migraine today and am out of pain killers, it came on yesterday but I could take the pain meds to deal with it. SO... another day in bed...
I have to go to my son's school this morning, migraine or no, and get his planner. He is not honest with me about homework and has left it at school.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Luvaggs this is the path to the forum about rectocele or posterior prolapse. HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:08 PM

Hi everyone. I finally feel like "grown up" again. For the first time in 7 weeks I was allowed to go grocery shopping by myself! Have had to have hubby or DD's with me since surgery. 6 weeks ago I was going around the store in one of those disabled scooters pointing out to them what to pick up and now I'm a big girl again doing it all by myself! What a difference 6 weeks makes. I did get them to pack all my bags very "light" and I think I walked a mile just bringing in bags from the car. Grocery bill was a lot less than previous weeks as well, without 3 extra people adding all their little goodies!
It's a glorious day here in Vegas so think I will grab a good book and realx outside for a couple hours this afternoon. Bought some nice steaks to grill with mushrooms tonight and fresh strawberries to have after in the spa. Can you all tell, I am in such a good mood this morning? Just something about finally getting back near to normal.
I am in agreement with LuvAggs. It is good to see so many getting back to normal and I hope it does not mean we will all loose touch on recovery over the next few months. I know that even though I am feeling good I will still continue to check in many times a day to give support to those who are not doing as great.

Sjbjah - I hear you about NHS. Since living in the USA for the last 19 years I have not missed it at all. However, I think the Military Medical system is very similar!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Unread 04-27-2007, 01:55 PM

Well,

I haven't been on in a little bit so here is the update. I have been completely released and am loving it. I will have to say, the sex is great and BETTER!!! No Pain. My only complaint is my lack of energy. It is getting better little by little, but come on. This is crazy. I still have three little preschoolers to watch over and my DH brought home a puppy on monday. Just what we needed!! Hope others are doing well. Here is to a hot summer, it is supposed to hit 100 degress on saturday!! urgh!!!
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:08 PM

Good luck with the new pup. Dogwise.com is a great place for puppy information and questions
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:37 PM

Hi all Havent written in awhile. Busy with school science fair project.I am all cleared by my dr. I overdid it a bit with the lifting and my right side is bothering me.I know how you feel Jane-so nice not to have to be codependent anymore.I still get a little tired, I guess thats normal? The dr said my iron level went up.I will continue to write, cause Ill miss you guys You were great support Thank God no more UtI that was a bummer , having it twice.HAve a great weekend.......Blessings....Deb
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
quart low

Saw the Doc today due to some vulvar irritations and wanted to be sure I didnt have yeast. It was a few quarts low on hormones. Apparently my pellet got absorbed faster than usual due to the shock of losing the ovaries and now I am too low. Vulva and VJ needs estrogen. So got a new pellet, some vaginal E, and already the pellet is making me feel better.
Otherwise feeling pretty good.
Sammi
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
thanks

Solstice,
Thanks for the link. Yes, there's a group of us with a thread about rectoceles. We're keeping tabs with each other sharing info. as we get it from docs. Great thing about this site. There's almost always someone with a similar problem.

Weather is nice here too but we're going to just BBQ some chicken. I have had a GOOD friend and her daughter as guests for the last 3 days as they were passing through on way from LA to DC transportin DD home from college. We've ummm.... eaten out for lunch all three days and are now feeling quite stuffed. That's one great thing about military. There's always someone you can crash with as you make your way around the country. Even better, I have friends of my parent's time in the military to "visit" as well as our own. Prom is tomorrow but it doesn't look like the ducktape dress is going to be done in time. Close, but not quite. There's apparently another dance they're aiming for to wear them to. Good thing we bought a back up dress.

Well TGIF everyone. Saw hubby briefly in the dark this am. I know he came to bed really late/early and then was off to work about his normal time. (after a 2am arrival from the trip - no rest for the wicked). Looking forward to seeing him in the day light.

LJC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register