Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-29-2007, 02:41 PM
wow, no others

Wow, we must all be having a busy and good weekend. Ok, except me, here I am still ghosting the sisters. Actually, this is the first I've been on since my last post (you know the one just before this one. )

Friend has left to continue on to DC, hubby is on another trip (flying to DC - back Tues; gone again next Sunday for another week). We might get to try things (sexually) out somewhere along all that. Too bad all these TDY's (military jargon for bus. trip) weren't before I was at least partially ok'd. Prom was a success. Well prom was boring, after prom & friends was great. Friday and today have been background noise days for pulling/rectocele pain for me so that's been a nice change. It's gorgeous outside. And here I am on the computer because I still can't lift stuff, need to limit driving, etc.... Ok enough pity tripping. Not really feeling sorry for myself, just bored.

Fill me in on your weekends when you get a chance. Take care... LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

I have missed all of you and reading the updates ... BUT this past week has been horribly busy. Since my twins arrived I have almost forgotten I am recovery from the hyster however it is still tender to the touch BUT otherwise no other pains. Twins are another story especially today since I had to show them off at my brother in laws wedding yesterday! We all know about recovery!

My 6 week post op is tomorrow ... you all scared me with the poking and prodding stories ... so we'll see. We (DH and me) are also looking for the go ahead on sex --- gotta keep the twins safe BUT I'm sure we can! I'll let you all know!

I am also making sure I get the path reports tomorrow! I didn't mention it before BUT I was horrified following my 1 wk post op appt when my Doctor asked me how the baby was and later why I wanted to go to Laughlin when I had a new baby!

As the weeks have passed and I have MORE experience with medical "professionals" makes me wonder ...

Oh Yes - I FINALLY HAD THAT FIRST PEDICURE AND FACIAL ... WOW AND WOW !!!! Felt great!

Happy Post Ops and Continued Good Healing!
XXOO
Unread 04-29-2007, 08:50 PM
New Undies

Cleaned out my undie drawer today and threw out all my old period pants, and all panties that had drip spots.
Then, went and bought all new undies. A celebration of sorts, then took myself to Olive Garden.
Sure hope the side effect of a hyster isnt a cystocyle or rectocyle? I sure hear a lot about a correlation. Any of you heard anything? Do you know anyone who never got one after the hyster?
Sammi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 03:20 AM

Hi girls,

bad few days with groin/hip pain. Pain killers made me very constipated so had to deal with that yesterday and tum very sore today. Feel weak and tearful, probably am anaemic too.

Would feel much better if hadn't got this hip pain, its really getting me down. Don't usually feel so sorry for myself as have struggled with endo pain for longer than I can remember pre op but I suppose the hormone and meno thing doesn't help.

Need some hugs!

Jo.
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:02 AM

Hello -

Well I can't believe how fast this recovery period has gone. I am almost 7 weeks post recovery and go back to work tomorrow. I feel very fortunate that my recovery went very well. I feel just like my old self (minus pain, clots and heavy bleeding) and except for getting a little tired during the day, I am definitely on my way to a better quality of life. So far the estrogen patches are working, but I have to admit I am always waiting for the hot flashes or other symptoms to hit.

This site was so helpful to me and I was always encouraged to hear how everyone else was doing and that I was not alone in this journey. Thanks everyone.
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:48 AM

Morning, all. 7 weeks post op to the minute, and feeling great. I, too, have had a patch on since a day after surgery, and honestly haven't felt a bit different since before, so I guess they're working. It's hard to know whether or not I've really needed them, since I haven't ever been without. I did get a lower dose prescription for the next cycle, so I'll see if weaning off slowly has any effect at all on symptoms. So far, nothing.
Jo, have you tried any kind of yoga or stretching exercises for that hip? The only aches and pains I had, which were minor, were concentrated on that right hip side (because that's where the lion's share of my trouble was, including a 10cm. mass.) I've found that yogic breathing and stretching really help with isolated pain.
Maybe it would help you.
Happy healing, all!
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM

[quote=sjbjah]Hi girls,

bad few days with groin/hip pain. Pain killers made me very constipated so had to deal with that yesterday and tum very sore today. Feel weak and tearful, probably am anaemic too.

Would feel much better if hadn't got this hip pain, its really getting me down. Don't usually feel so sorry for myself as have struggled with endo pain for longer than I can remember pre op but I suppose the hormone and meno thing doesn't help.

A hug is what you want - A HUG IS WHAT YOU GET ! ! !

So sorry you are feeling under the weight of it all ... the hip pain sounds like what I went though at 3-5 weeks. Can't tell for sure but mine went away! !

You've heard it before ... we all heal differently and if it gets to be too much you know who to call!!

HUGS again. OOOO
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:36 AM

Hi, guys. I haven't been posting much, but I keep reading (and I'm not usually the type who simply lurks). It's about six and a half weeks for me and for some reason I don't see my doctor till the three month point. (Otherwise it was just one week out when he took out the staples). I'm getting better, but it sure is the old two steps forward one step back. I'm really not used to coddling myself, but I feel too tired and achy to push.
For some reason my tummy is bothering me a lot more the last couple of days. I think it might be something as simple as finally being able to sleep on my side, and that sort of shifted things. I'm having headaches too, which I don't usually have.
The good thing is I'm losing weight (though it's hard to tell with the swelly belly). I just don't feel like eating much, and I've given up diet sodas and most caffeine, both of which probably stimulated my appetite.
I'm ready to feel a lot better but my body's being slow.
I'm going to call my regular doctor to get some advice on what I can lift and whether I can swim yet, though I expect she'll just pass me on to the surgeon.
This board has been so helpful -- everytime I have a quesion I look and it's already been answered.
Love you all.
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:06 AM

Lugaggs 85:
I just want to give you a hug. *HUG* you are not alone..
I had to hide from my mother-in-law this weekend. She lost her prozac and was just angry all weekend, We even took all of our laundry to a laundromat to avoid being here. (We all live together)
So my lack of posting was because I was in hiding..

Though yesterday we attended a puppy party that was a reunion of the puppies that I fostered. 5 months old now. OH! it was wonderful.
Though my boxer pulled so hard on his leash that I am SO sore today.
And I got a sunburn! hehehehehe
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Monda catch up

Morning All,
Joe & Onrecat, is your hip/groin pain on inside & outside of hip or just the groin causing other hip pain? Mine is very isolated to the area where it bends in just next to my pubic area. Mine is on left. A very definite pulling all the time with flare ups that sometimes make me limp. Is this what you're having? We're still trying to figure out what's causing mine. The Dr. thinks it might be ovary ligament pulling on either adhesions from my old hernia repair or on the "round ligament" (that's the name of the one that attaches the ab muscles to groin). It might also be being caused by my rectocele issue. At about 3 weeks, I had a definite pulling sensation all along the old hernia repair and into groin. Now that sensation is localized to just the groin. Her basic thought/advice, is continued rest and to keep from straining it (limit driving, rest, no weight, no sex if it hurts it,.... I think the pain definitely slowed down my healing. But, now except for the groin pulling and rectocele issue, I feel pretty good. I don't really even get very tired (again except for the groin pulling area.) When that flares, it wipes me out. Then again, it's not like I'm doing much. Boss told me to take another month off (Dr.s preference) since the store is very slow.

If it's along the groin only, you may want to be checked for a hernia. Groin pain is one of the main symptoms. When I first discovered (4 years ago) my hernia, I noticed the tissue over my pubis was pretty large and then noted a soft lump on the left side. As the hernia grew, the pulling intensified and focused over the groin and radiated out to the hip. I'm NOT saying that is your problem, but you may want to check on it.

Sami, somewhere on here is a very funny thread about old undie burnings and ceremonies. Can't remember where I found it but it's a hoot. I too threw out my gross undies, but alas I'm a dyed in the blue cotton briefs girl so my hubby will not get to see me in those skimpy things they wear now adays. He hates sorting my DD's clean clothes now because of her undies. Just not a thing dad wants to imagine his DD wearing. YEP! my guy does the laundry. He's obssesive about it so I let him take over very soon after we got married. We all sort our own pre & post but sometimes not fast enough for him. DDs now gets left though.

Rectocele and Cystocele are possibilities after a hyster, but I don't think necessarily to be expected. A rectocele is PART of what I'm dealing with. It feels like something is down in my vagina (like a tampon). I can feel it move up and down when I do my kegel exercises and sometimes the kegels actually squeeze around it. I think I read somewhere that if you had uterine prolapse or other prolapse issues that can make you more suseptible. The Dr. thinks mine may have been there pre-hyster. and my prolapsed uterus was keeping the bowel in check. Now that uterus is gone, bowel is falling into the gap.

Well, it's gorgeous out. I think I'll go before it gets too hot. We're supposed to get up to 91. Might break record of 93 set in 1965! LJC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register