Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Hey LuvAggs - I will mention this to the Doctor although you guys have been so much more helpful than they ever were ... my pain WAS at the point of my hip bones on both sides (the actually protruding bones I have on my tummy) ... no more worries though cuz they do not hurt but I do have some NEW puffy areas above my incision that resemble what you are talking about ... I will post what he says tomorrow. Hopefully he won't ask me again how the baby is - ugh - I will scream in his face !!!!!

Sorry - can't help to vent a little more.

XOXOXOXOXOXO For a kinder day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:26 PM

Hello ladies,
I am sorry I have not posted in a while. I am back at work today and I feel ok. I am a little sore in my belly and of course it is swollen. Several of my patients have made comments about me being pregnant or gaining a little weight. I wanted to slap them all. I am still having pain when I pee and the dr says it is my bladder getting use to it's new position. Which I think is a bunch of crock. At mt 6 week appt. he put silver nitrate on my cuff and of course did not tell me much. Did not give me the green light to do anything. I had to ask him about going back to work since my short term disability ended on the 26th. His response was if it has been 6 weeks then go back to work but I want to see you back in a week. So I am at work without knowing anything. Thankfully, I work in a dr's office and they all understand. I go back to see dr tomorrow hopefully I will get the green light while I still have this great libido. Since it did not exsist prior to the hyster.
So I am hoping for good news tomorrow.
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:35 PM

ladystar_n
oh dear... Of course you are still swollen.. Call your doc and ask, nurses often give information than doc... Good luck with your drive.. I hope all is great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 07:36 PM

It's official - I DID IT! With all your help sisters. I had such a great post op with my surgeons associate ! ! ! She was anxious to hear how I was doing (I raved about this site - she made a note of it) and she said I was glowing - much of this is due to my new twins which she of course wanted to see - and again she took the name of my plastic surgeon ! !

Hot flashes ... she mentioned increasing my soy intake ... and now instead of supplementing iron add a little more calcium and vitamin D.

My cuff is totally healed ... no sign of stiches at all ... she was so impressed with my bodies healing ... even the incision got a WOW out of her.

She said I can start exercising - lifting up to 20 or so - just listen to my tummy - and if I feel SOMETHING FALLING OUT stop and call her but she doesn't think I'll have an problems. Will go back to work Monday next week.

The pathology reports were interesting ... forgot to get a copy ... will do this later ... but there were finally the EXACT reasons for the pain and the constant bleeding. Funny she even thinks that there may be a link to the weird bumps in my tummy area to be endometrits because how they "used" to react when I cycled ... WOW this first Doctor who didn't just say yep fatting lumps ....

I feel so good - sorry for the rambling!

Thank you sisters - I will be staying in touch.
Unread 05-01-2007, 02:21 AM

Luvaggs - my groin pain is like something is pressing in my groin but no swelling, looks the same as other side, no lumps either. This pressing feeling goes into my front hip bone and round my bum into my buttock where it aches. Also quite often goes down the back of my thigh and further down my leg and causes pins and needles. On a good day its just achy and on a bad day its like toothache pain.

Called gyne secretary and she spoke to gyne for me. He said its just healing pain and to call him if I have a fever or discharge which I have had neither since it started weeks ago.

Slept loads last night and feel better for it today. Staying away from codeine due to bowel probs and am going to ask pharmacist what to take to keep bowels going as still having to take iron tabs.

Thanks for the hugs yesterday!

Jo.
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:39 AM

Jo: hmmm..... definitely different than mine. Mine sometimes radiates down my inner thigh as a soreness, but not often. The pulling is like a tightening/ or shortening of the muscle between my abs. and groin. It sometimes makes it hard to fully straighten my leg &/or causes me to limp. Your's sure sounds more like a nerve issue, especially with the tingling. Has the Dr. mentioned anything about physcial therapy if it continues. I think I remember reading in another thread, about someone's doc. ordering PT. Good luck with it!

I may be noticing a trend today though. Last night and this am, my rectocele has been bothering me more (feels like it's trapped down low). I've had soft BM this am and no feeling that something else is in there to pass so I doubt it's the stool causing the feelings. Well, the groin pulling has been worse too. What I call a flare up day(s). At least if I can continue to document correlations, we may be able to figure out what's going on and what to do (if anything).

A little cooler here today. I don't know if we broke the record yesterday, but it sure was hot. Made me think I was back in Louisianna except for the humidity. Have a good day.
LJC
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:18 AM
For Jo

Jo,
I highly recommend prune juice, especially warmed a little.
It has never failed to help wake up the old intestine in a gentle fashion!
Good luck!
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Dr. appt.

Hi Gang, I had the appointment with my primary care doc today. Not too much to report. It was a good appointment but not much new came of it. He took a very thorough history and did a detailed external exam (checking movement of hips, where exactly the pain is, ...). Didn't feel a vaginal or rectal exam was necessary since I was able to give such a good description of what's happening. He also ordered a CatScan after I'd asked if it's any better than US at showing adhesions, etc... It was like it had never occured to him, but once he heard the idea thought it was excellent! As I always say, we're our own best advocates and I really like and feel confident about this Dr.!
He's pretty confident that the groin pulling is from adhesions being pulled by either the rectocele and/or all the other messing around in there that's ocurred. And not part of a hip problem (I'd never thought that, but...) He thinks that what I'm interpreting as "groin" is really still abdominal pain referring down there. He's of the opinion that we might have to wait up to a year to see how it stretches out. It is a catch-22 since surgery to relieve adhesions causes adhesions. That's fairly close to what the gyn said too. Sigh.

We didn't discuss the rectocele too much, other than the history of it. I didn't realize that until I'd left the office. But that's ok, I know what it is, what to expect and when it should be treated. Also, I would guess that if anything particular was going on with it, it will show up on the CTscan. I really was just wanting to bring him in on the loop and to sort of use him as a second opinion. He was very glad I did.

Take care. LJC
Unread 05-03-2007, 09:00 AM

luvaggs
Glad to hear that you are at least getting more information. I hope it leads to a timely answer for you.

Still having migraines, we are considering chemical menopause. After the surgery my migraines abated for three weeks and I cannot help but to think that the "ovarian shock" is what did it. I am the one who brought it up with my doc.
It scares me because they said that it may get worse for 2 or 3 weeks before it gets better. The shots last 1 or 3 months. She said that at least two months of the treatment would be a min to see if it works.
Well, I suppose that would be the same with the nuva ring...

This week I am having strange pains similar to the pains I had in my uterus. I am sure it is the stitches heeling, but it is disconcerting.

I cooked all day yesterday and ran around doing grocery shopping the day before. It felt nice to be out. Though still get sore and painful.
When are we going to feel normal again...
Unread 05-03-2007, 11:12 AM

Luvaggs - so glad you are going to get some answers soon.

Solstice - sorry you are suffering with migraines, hope you can get some relief. I am also getting tum pains again even though it had settled and also very tender when anything brushes against it. I say pains but more like discomfort and a sort of tighteneing soreness.

Have had a rough day with emotions, too much being on my own and letting my mind run riot I think. Feeling bit better now as had some visitors just as I was sobbing and we got through it together!

Sometimes feels like we will never feel normal again...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register