Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 05-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Thank gods it is not just me. My husband slept on the couch last night.........
I am sorry at the same time. If others are having the emotional turmoil that I am, empathy abounds... Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 09:03 PM

Hormones ... sorry to hear about the pains and the problems with those around us.

I started my new vitamin, soy and flaxseed regimen on Tuesday - already seem to be doing better with the night sweats and hot flashes ... so I suppose it will help with other things ???

I was so tired yesterday and today ... I am just sure I will crash on Monday when I go back to full time work - ugh ... I hope I can maintain myself in a professional manner ! lol
Unread 05-04-2007, 08:14 AM

Luvaggs was your hernia at your belly button? I over did it Wednesday and am having pulling pains now from my belly button into my groin and sharp spasm like feeling inside but it is hard to explain where they feel like they are coming from. Yesterday I had to have my husband drive the car around to get me from a school function my daughter was having because I felt like if I walked any further that pulling would pull something out!
Feeling better this morning, but visibly swollen and sore.
My doc said I could go back to lifting things.. I guess I should not have done so quite yet.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
oh dear!

Oh Solstice. I'm sorry you're having this problem. Have you contacted the Dr. again, since this is something new? Gosh, I can't think what it would be either. We can still pull stitches and stuff, so you may want a quick check with Dr. just to make sure. I can't remember, what type of hyster. did you have. Vaginal, abdominal incision, or Lap. ? Is any of the feelings associated with incisions? Mine was a TVH so no external cuts. But pulling is starting at line of my old Csection and hernia repair scar. The pulling inside runs right along my old hernai repair. In fact we were able to find the repair internal scar and the pain was in the same place. We were also able to verify the repair was holding even with the pulling so that was good news.

I do have an umbilical hernia, but I guess pretty mild. And it's NOT the one being a problem now. I'd completely forgotten about it over the years. The Dr. who did the first inguinal (groin area) hernia repair in 2002 mentioned it at my post-op in hospital visit and then my primary care Dr. on Tuesday commented about it. It's not obvious (at least to me ) just sort of an "outie" . My dad had one and his was a definite bulge from the belly button. Who knows, I may have always had it. It's never affected me.

The one in the inguinal area started out very subtly and then quickly got much worse. I first noticed it one day in the shower. The area over my pubic bone was larger than normal. The next day I noticed a definite lump on one side of it. Then the groin pain started. From there it got more and more tender. The surgery to repair it was not an emergency one but was done ASAP. By that point the intestine had started falling in there and getting trapped. AT that point, it can become life threatening if it gets permanently trapped. Since the repair only rarely did I feel a twinge in the groin. A certain piece of equipment at Curves always hurt it, so I just skipped that one. Otherwise, it was fine until about 2 weeks after the hyster. Now it's a constant pulling to varying degrees of pain.

I know what you mean about having a hard time localizing the pain. Even with mine having a fairly defined area that hurts, when I go to push on it to see exactly where it's hard to tell. And the pain sometimes moves from place to place in that area. That's actually what convinced my Dr. that it was probably adhesions being pulled by the new work (hyster) and current rectocele problem. Has your Dr. moved your hips around to make sure it's not in the hip? My Dr. did a pretty extensive exam of my hips (especially the painful side). He moved the hip around feeling how it moved and asking me how that affected the pain. He almost ordered a hip Xray just to be sure nothing was wrong directly with the hip. But as a lot of the pain originated up in the ab. area, and sort of moved around we both felt the hip itself was fine, it was more an abdominal area problem.

Anyway, sorry this got long. Hope it helps. I'll touch base again soon. LJC
Unread 05-04-2007, 10:18 AM

Wow, that is a lot of information. Thank you.
My daughter has an umbilical hernia too.. Though it has never bothered her and the doc is not concerned. My sister went in for a triple hernia repair at one week old.. She would not have been able to walk or have kids had they not caught it...
I have not called my doc yet, I really think they are tired of hearing "so I over did it and now something hurts"..
I figure that I will give it today and if the pain sticks around then I will call.
At my last checkup my doctor said that everything looked good, I had a vaginal hyst and a few of the stitches where still there.. She said that the skin had sealed but that I could still tear them if I where not careful. No sex, and to work back into lifting.. I had some localized pain on my right side (and where she poked the stitches) that could be recreated by poking it, but she was relieved that removing the pressure did not hurt too. She did not move my hips, but they move pretty well. I used to belly dance and when I listen to music I still try to keep up on the movements that help me stay limber. My abs get sore quickly, but I can still move well.
When I am having pain and pressure it radiates around my vulva, which if I squeeze my pelvic floor muscles eases up. I think it is based there and not in my hips..
Unread 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM

It sounds like it's more normal vaginal healing then, but interesting that it eases up with squeezing the muscles. When my rectocele acts up and gets what I feel as "stuck", then my vulva get sore. It's not what I'd call sharp pain, just general ache/irritated sore.

So what do you keep doing that "over does it"? I guess that's one benefit to this whole pulling thing, it certainly is KEEPING me from overdoing it. My plan is to take work very slowly, my boss said she'd even always schedule me with someone else just in case. If working at all irritates the problem, I'm going to just quit. My boss even confirmed that if I go that route and then want to come back, they'd hire me back in a heart beat. Nice to know that. Since the job is NOT essential for me and I only work part-time, I see no reason to risk further problems by pushing it. I consider myself soooo lucky that way.

I hope you feel better soon and QUIT over doing it!!! LJC
Unread 05-04-2007, 02:54 PM

Well, wednesday I pulled a heavy box of food out of the garage which I had to yank on to get off the shelf. Though it was only about 30 lbs I think... It took effort to remove. Then cooked for 8 hours strait and shifted an entertainment center... Just the corner.

Before that it was painting my kids rooms, taking a friend window shopping for several hours, Walking my daughter around the park which was too far at the time, doing several loads of laundry my 2nd day home, dishes etc....

I am young and my husband did not take time off to help, my kids are not a great help with my daughter being 6 and my son ADHD, my mother in law still works full time etc... I have over done it by pushing to hard too soon. My floor went unvacumed for two weeks because that was the thing I chose not to touch. A friend finally did it for me when visiting.

I know.. not a good excuse, I just have a hard time insisting on help or a break.
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:58 AM

Hello everyone, I'm still with you. My post op problem currently is that I have no libido. Zip, none. When I went back to the sugeon, he said to call for a blood test if thinks didn't perk up -- how long before things perk up?? Anyway, I have my ovaries and Tuesday is week 8, still some abdominal tenderness, though I can tell things are still healing.
I work on the sixth floor so I've started to try to take the stairs down when I go to lunch and at the end of the day. That's my exercise start.

In the meantime, My dad was released from the hospital after a scope revealed the beginnings of esophageal cancer, so they stopped his coumadin, and last night he had a stroke, so today he is back in the hospital. He is 89 and has been in congestive heart failure and renal failure for quite a while. Not sure what exactly to expect, but I think he won't be coming home after this. It affected his speech -- I forgotten what side was affected. I know those of you with a nursing background know the score here, but any advice comments, etc. would be appreciated.
Unread 05-05-2007, 10:47 AM

Well I had my first full week back at work...I worked 10 hours a day...I didn't sleep well Sunday night before work and had not been sleeping since surgery....but Tuesday and Wednesday nights I went right to sleep and slept all night, Thursday night did not sleep well but slept like a log last night! I feel exhausted this morning (Saturday) but plan on a nap today and tomorrow for sure...and in about two weeks I am going back to an old position I held and cutting my hours back to 9-3! I can't wait for this!!!!! I was hoping to get back to the gym to start swimming again, but that didn't happen....I was just too tired after 10 hour days at work.....But other than being tired I feel really good....a little vaginal dryness causing irritation but I go back for an 8 week check up on the 11th and will talk to my gyn about it then. It feels good to really start to feel normal again and certainly dont mind not having my period again. I would be having it now. At work they didn't make me use my vacation time and paid me partial for the whole six weeks so I can still take a vacation this year!!!!!!Yay!!!!
I wish you all the best and will still be checking in!
Unread 05-05-2007, 05:38 PM

Dear SherriH17
I had a tvh on 13 March and 9 days later developed a blood clot near my left ovary and a dvt from my groin to below my left knee. It was extremely painful. I am now on warfarin, have blood tests up to 2 times a week, and have to wear a pressure stocking for at least the next 6 months. I hope you are feeling alright, but please be careful, because blood clots are serious business.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register