Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 05-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Went back to work this week full time. Did much better than I expected. Of course, I was tired when I got home and had to take small 20 minute naps to get throught the rest of the evening. Overall I really feel much better than I did before. I have my final doctor's appt. this week and I guess that is it. So far I am really glad I opted to go on the estrogen patch. I feel just like normal, but without the mood swings. I don't know how long this will continue, but it is working for now. It is so strange not to have periods anymore, but I am not missing it all. It is so nice not to have to schedule things around my period, or dread when it fell on a busy week. Such freedom now. I definitely have improved my quality of life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2007, 04:26 AM

Hello

well after doing really well I am now feeling awful. Tum is sore and weird sensations like everything pulling up and bloated. Swells up during the day. Tum nerves feel on edge, hard to describe.

Think I am having panic attacks, my head is all over the place. Feel quite desperate at times. Am usually very strong but am not coping at the moment.

Jo.
Unread 05-06-2007, 07:56 AM

Hi, Jo! I think what I would do, since your appt. is so far away, I would call the dr. first chance Monday. In the meantime, there's only one thing to do: Be especially good to the princess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Hello all,
I have been given the green light, and it was wonderful. The pain was not bad. I now have another problem. I am having a nasty discharge and a bad odor. I have another appt. on Tuesday but I don't think I can stand the smell until then. It's embarrasing to be around anyone. I plan on calling the dr. first thing.
Enough about me, I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Unread 05-06-2007, 10:10 PM
all the way

Well, DH and I went all the way on Friday. The pulling and rectocele weren't bothering me much, so we gave it a try. It went very well. I was VERY,VERY tight but other than that not too bad. He didn't notice any change and it didn't hurt more than I'd expect for being so tight. Only one problem. Toward the end when we were going hot n heavy, I could feel him rubbing the rectocele. It didn't hurt, but I kept feeling like I was going to have a BM. That kind of killed my orgasm since I had conflicting muscle and sensation reactions going. On the good side though, since then I've not felt the rectocele in my vagina AND the pulling is almost nill. At least it confirms my idea that the two were/are related. Rectoceles don't go away, so I suspect it's gotten pushed (at least temporarily) back into the rectum. Not sure how long it will last, but at least there's progress. Guess if it comes back, we'll just have to sacrifice and have sex again! DH LOVES that idea. :bedjump:

The only bad timing is that my Catscan is tomorrow. I'm not sure what will show up when I'm not having the rectocele sensation. Will it bulge inside the rectum too or just all look normal even though there might still be a problem? ???? Once again, I have a Dr. appointment, and the symptoms go away. Par for the course. I'll be fine with that if they'd stay away!

It's been raining/storming like crazy here all weekend. The Offutt AFB Air Show got cancelled completely yesterday and only ran for a few hours today. They were able to squeeze in all the flying acts but the main one today. We were scheduled to have the Blue Angels but they had to cancel after the tragic loss last week. The base had gotten a group of WWII planes that do mock dog fights to replace them. But alas, weren't able to show them. My son is a big WWII plane buff so was really looking forward to that demo. But a final big team show was just not in the cards this year. I feel bad for all the vendors though who lost sales. What's really bad too, is my DH is the weather commander here! Of course his answer is always you gotta talk to the Chaplain about the weather. DH is in sales, the Chaplain is in touch with production.

Well, good night. See you tomorrow. Hope you weekends went well. LJC
Unread 05-07-2007, 09:40 AM

YAY!
I am thrilled to hear that things went well!

I got out and did yard work this weekend and with hubby's help started construction on a "bird wall". We have too many cats for our birds to have an out of cage play space other than our shoulders, so we took a large book shelf that sits on a cabinet and modified it to a 4x4x2 birdy paradise! It is not complete yet, I think I can finish the rest of the outer frame today. The yard was a mess and my 12 year old did most of the mowing, though I took a go at it to see how it would feel. I could do it! We went to home depot and got materials to build a 20x20x18 feet dog play area (they are ripping up the flowers) it was great to pick up lumber and pieces and not have to leave it all up to someone else. I got sore and swolled both Sat and Sun from the activity, but today I am only a little swollen and am not in much discomfort! I feel like I have hit a change point. Even last week was worse with less activity..
Now if I could just sleep! ;-)
My mother in law gave me a "Lunesta" (sp?) sample that she had and I took it at 1ish this morning... I slept in till 7 but was up at least twice with my bladder and dogs.. That is more sleep however than I have had in the last few weeks... It feels great, and the sun is out!
Look out world! :-)
Unread 05-07-2007, 05:31 PM
CAT scan fun; NOT

Just got back from the CATscan and getting kids from school. What an unpleasant experience!!!! The scan, not getting kids. As usual, it took 3 IV sticks. I can't think of a procedure I've had done that didn't take 3 or more tries for the IV. Sigh. At least this guy believed me that I was hard and got someone else to start with. Not that she did much better. On the second try, she insisted she had it in even though the tech was having a hard time flushing it and blood return wasn't too good. Luckily he was on the ball and went very slowly and cautiously putting the isotope in. Because he had to stop after just a little went in. The pain was unbelievable (I was almost cussing and was thrashing about trying to stay still), then my arm got very hot and turned bright red with white dots. He stopped it very quickly at that point, only about 2-3 sec. into giving the drug. He then went and called an anesthesia guy, who got it on the first stick. It hurt the second time too, but not nearly the same way and my arm didn't do funky things. The Tech. said he'd never seen anything like it before. I really think I need to quit being so forgiving and just demand anesthesia do the IV sticks from the START. The problem is, almost everyone thinks they're God's gift to IV sticks and don't believe me when I tell them the problems that occur with me.

Anyway, I suspect they may have found something, but no confirmation. Just going by how the Dr. was acting. First the machine did an additional run just over my lower pelvis AFTER it had done the others. The Dr. started to look at the films and then asked to see last year's films to compare. When I was leaving, the Dr. and another person were in the next room comparing the films pretty closely. I'm still a bit dubious though because I'm not experiencing nearly the same feelings I was up till Friday. Hardly feel rectocele still and groin doesn't hurt at all, even with lots of movement. I can't figure it out!! There just is no predicting this body.

I do like feeling better though. This is the first day, I've really felt like I could start doing more intense stuff. Thinking about gardening, wanting to work out again. I'm going to still take it easy but maybe not so much so. Still will watch the weight restriction though since I know the rectocele is still there.

LJC
Unread 05-07-2007, 06:00 PM
vaginal atrophy

Would you believe I developed vaginal atrophy while on hormone replacement? Now I am on daily Vaginfem inserts for two weeks, then twice a week. Stupid Doc didnt believe me when I called in and complained I had "yeast infection like symptoms" but couldnt find any visible yeast. I made an appointment for a pelvic anyway and as soon as she saw me she said,"Atrophic Vaginitis."
I met a lady in the waiting room, who is 5 years out from her hyster and having rectocyle and cystocyle problems. I have a nasty, sneaking suspicion that an unusual number of women have this problem after a hyster. I hope it isnt true, but I am suspicious.
Sammi
Unread 05-08-2007, 07:04 AM
A V ?

Sami, so what exactly IS Atrophic Vaginitis. Atrophy is dying of tissue. Isn't Vaginitis (well "-itis") an infection or inflammation of an area? Is the muscle wall in the vagina deteriorating and inflammed?

I sure hope the vagifem works!

I'm on day 4 of NO PULLING! I still have a hard time believing it. Only felt a twinge when driving the kids to school. Man, if I'd known having sex was going to stop that problem, we would have done it WEEKS ago! :bedjump: For the life of me, I can't figure out how it stopped the pulling, but I'm sure glad not to have it. Planning on actually doing some gardening today. It's finally gorgeous outside and now I feel up to doing something. Don't worry, still going to be very careful on lifting weight.

Take care all... LJC
Unread 05-08-2007, 10:14 AM

It is great to hear such positive posts! Luvaggs I am thrilled for you!

Sami, Hugs! I hope your luck changes.

The last couple of weeks I have felt like I am PMSing pretty badly. The food cravings where/are extreme, breast tenderness, water retention, unstable emotions. I have put on about 10 lbs! I am walking and working on the house and drinking a ton of water.. My intake is not that high so I called my doc and asked her for an apatite suppressant to stop this craziness and she said "I don't think it is hormone related, get exercise". UG! yeah right not hormone related.. "they test with in the normal range" They tested within the normal range before the surgery too and I still developed problems! anyway...
Doctors just don't know what to do when they are outside their niche.
I am going to call my primary care doc and talk to him... It seems ridiculous to have to go to so many different doctors...

Sun is out, I build a bird cage yesterday and have to attach the door today and other errands so I am off.. Have a good day all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register