Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Surgery was in Canberra, Australia, on March 12; vag. hyster, anterior and posterier repair, supra pubic catheter to retrain my bladder. I was discharged March 16; I am at home now feeling great. Warning to all, even if feeling well, don't do too much, a friend of mine went back to work a week later(a desk job), then had a huge haemorrhage, emergency trip to hospital and another operation. Shes's OK now. Keep smiling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Hi all

I wanted to tell all of you that are experiencing some issues during days 5-7: those are peak post-surgical inflammation days, according to my sister (an MD.) Day 10 should be a good milestone for everyone, and you should notice a big difference in all symptoms.
I'm headed to the doctor's office this morning to get these confounded staples out, at last! I've been able to quiet the itching (on a temporary basis, at least) by dabbing the incision with menthol alcohol. Provides nice, cooling relief as well as keeping the incision bacteria-free.
For all who are experiencing constipation, I can only recommend lots of walking, water and fruit. Try to get off the hardcore painkillers, if you can, because they're extremely constipating.
Take care everyone and heal well!
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:57 AM

That's good to know, b/c Monday, day 6 post of of TAH, i was vomiting and diarrhea so my MD called in some vaginal supositories like phenegrin, controlled the vomiting, but not the diarrhea - the Rx of 8 & I used all but one, now not sure what to eat - have popsicles, gatorade, sprite diet yesterday, but don't want to get sick all over again. No pain meds since day 6 either. Hate hydrocodone, afraid tylenol will make me sick.
This is a much harsher surgery than I thought it would be. Today on Day 8 Post Op I feel like I may be coming through. Hang in there, those of you with young children -- my youngest is 16, and he's been great going to the store & getting things for me. He can drive-- just had his license about a month, so feels pretty important helping out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi Koko

Have you tried anything like bananas, rice, apple juice, plain toast, mashed potatoes? You're probably dehydrated already, so you do need to keep going with fluids, but maybe easy starches (creamed soups, etc.) can help add some bulk and quiet those bowels. Tylenol really won't hurt you if you need it, but it sounds like you're doing a great job with the pain management already. Continued good health to you. It's wonderful that your 16 year old is helping. The greatest gift you can give someone is to allow them to help you, believe it or not!
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:30 AM

I am so glad to hear about the pressure experience. It is good to know others are going through it too. I thought I was doing so perfectly with recovery that it would stay the same, but you are right--there is new experiences with different stages of the healing process. I am so much more tired right now. I want to sleep all the time
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:50 AM

thanks for all the suggestions. Just came from the doc - had staples removed and they did tell me as long as I was taking the painkillers, constipation was going to be an issue hmmmmmmmmm. Yes DH went to grocery and loaded up on lots of veggies and fruit - this wont hurt anyway - dont wanna gain weight while I am down...need to eat healthily anyway..
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Days 5-7

Postgolfer thanks for the post. I sure have experienced this also. On day 4 I felt worse than days 1-3. Day 5 I was very tired, had swelly belly which was very tender and day 6 I had a horrendous pelvic floor spasm that lasted a second then went away. I was also very tired and sore that day too. Discharge is almost not visible, peeing is getting better without so much frequency or after pressure, and I slep a little better.
Now, looking forward to day 10.
Sammi
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:44 AM

Rice and mashed potatoes sound okay -- was afraid of the fruit, but maybe bananas would be good. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Ahhhhhhhh!

Just got back from the staple removal....can I say AHHHHHHHH! The last hurdle for me in the coming weeks will be the stent I still have in (ureter) that will have to come out, but that's an office procedure and a piece of cake compared to all the rest.
Happy healing, all.
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:56 AM

Hi, Harpgolfer! Congratulations! That's a real milestone to get the staples out!

I have stitches & superglue holding my abdomen together -- no staples. So I will just wait till it heals. Good luck with the stent.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register