Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 03-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Cooma, tell your friend to take it easy! This is not an easy surgery -- 1 week is way too short a recovery time no matter what!
Sounds like you got the works done yourself. Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 12:31 PM

I am on day 6 and it is such a relief to hear you all talk about feeling worse around these days. I haven't been on for that same reason. I threw up violently on Sunday and again on Monday. I am off the pain killer and just taking Ibuprofen. I am really tired but more tired of staring at the same four walls. I am going a lot stir crazy. I haven't been out of the house since this started almost a week ago. URGH!!! I am glad you are all healing a doing so well. I second that, here is to day 10!!!
Unread 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Home on Sat. 17th. I had partial with Bladder sling and anterior/posterior surgery also with that. My butt hurts as well as my hoohoo and other things down yonder. I am trying to walk around and be up as much as I can so I do not sleep all day and then up all night thing. I finally got cath out but now pee all night, so better not drink as much. I will try and stop pain meds this weekend.....but am still in pain now and cant stop them just yet. Was super constipated and thought I was dying on Monday, finally worked thru that, now am good in that area as well. My friend says I look like normal, sure wish I felt normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpgolfer
Marcia, I'm sorry to hear how challenging the surgery must have been. If I could ask, what are you eating and how are you managing pain? I can offer my own anecdotal experience from my surgery: I had to have a bowel prep Sunday for surgery Monday, and they did not let me have any food, even clear liquids, till Wed. AM. I was starving and cranky beyond measure. And the challenge was how to walk with no nutrition and no energy? I did have lots of bowel noise Tuesday anyway. I quit the morphine in a day, and stopped Dilaudid by 4am Wed., switching to just Motrin. All narcotics are incredibly constipating, so it's a double edged sword. You want to manage pain, but you also have to get the systems fully operational again. My pain was obviated very quickly by walking and moving a lot, and after I finally got some food in, I had stool just a few hours later, then more in the morning. I can only suggest to you that if you can manage the pain without narcotics and eat gently (lots of water is very important, chew your food thoroughly and keep moving), the stool will reappear: promise.
You don't want to rely on stool softeners and laxatives. Soft fiber like oatmeal and certain fruits really do help.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Ok my friend told me lastnight that this woman gave her some type of reflexology move for constipation and it worked. Take a rolling pin, and roll it from middle to back of sole of foot for 30 min each foot, while you are standing, so basically you put as much pressure on the rolling pin while you are rolling it on the sole of your foot from mid to back of sole of foot, in like 2 hrs she went to the bathroom........how weird is that, but maybe it works.
Unread 03-21-2007, 02:27 PM

I so appreciate you telling your experience, Sammie. I am majorly tired when last week I felt okay. If others are going through it similarly, I guess it is normal stuff. I hope you all are having a good healing day!
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:49 PM
back from Dr.

Dr. appt. went well this morning. I apparently "pulled" something but hemeglobin and "exam" looked fine. Of course the sensation of stuff being where it shouldn't be (in my vagina) wasn't happening this morning. So she couldn't tell exactly what was happening. She did a rectal exam (what fun) and found that something moved around a bit too much in there. So suspects that what I've been feeling is my colon collapsing into the vagina. Thrills. Nothing to do for it unless it "gets stuck" and doesn't reslove with hanging myself upside down. (well bit exaggerated, but been basically putting my hips up on pillows above my head to get it to resolve.) At least for now all is still ok.

One thing I forgot about in my tirade about not getting info. There's so much info. on this site, I forgot all about the Checkpoints part. I like how it's broken down by specific week of recovery. I forgot to check my settings in my profile to get this sent to me. Check into it if you've also forgotten. Not everything I wanted info on is there, but there is a lot.

Take care and keep on that yellow brick road to recovery.
LJC
Unread 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM

Still feeling really good, except for being totally exhausted. Yesterday and today have been the hardest days yet, but that's not saying much as my recovery has been extremely easy. Sore back and a touch of a sore abdomen yesterday and today, no worse than it ever was with the endo, though.

I've been pampering myself - hot baths, taking time to put on lotion, sleeping tons, and - my favorite! - DH treated me to new panties since all my old ones were stained from the non-stop bleeding from the endo! Woohoo!

MIL is still here and taking wonderful care of the kids and me - what am I going to do when she leaves on Saturday?! I don't feel as though I *need* anyone here since I'm doing so well (I've even taken a couple of small outings since I'm so stir crazy!), but I'll miss her like heck! I could get really used to this everybody-doing-things-for-me lifestyle!
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:19 PM

Thanks, koko 1116, I am being very careful. Today is day 10, and I have had a previous big bleed at day 10 (post polyp removal at colonoscopy), so I am resting big time today. It is great to know all the support that is out there; in a small country town it can be hard to find such specific information and kindness
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Luv

How in the world can your intestines start to fall into your vagina? That is really, really scary. Did you just have a Hyster or a bladder or bowel repair?
I asked my surgeon before I had the surgery about the Hyster about cystocele and rectocele because I knew so many former hysters who after 10 years had to go back in for surgery. My surgeon told me that women who have those problems, have them regardless of a Hyster or not and they are not caused by a hyster.
I am going to quiz her on that when I see her for my two week check up?
This for me is day 8. Husband and I went out to lunch and to the bank. We also went to the store to pick up some more yogurt. He drove and we just kind of ambled around. Things went well and today I have had only Ibuprofen for pain, still taking the vaginal antibiotic for another week. When we got home I took a two hour nap (probably wont sleep tonight because of it). Eating a little heavier food once a day, at lunch I had a lobster salad, we will see how that goes.
Still having good BM's with two stool softners one in AM and one in PM.
Internal vaginal area feels tender, and stomach felt kind of tender when the car jiggled it going over a bump, but otherwise felt better today than yesterday.
Sammi
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:30 AM

Sami,

I just had the Bladder sling and rectum surgery with partial hyst done. My bladder and rectum were so far fallen they were in front of my cervix so I had NO lubrication, and my tampons would not stay in either, TMI!! So I had to have it done, I was a stage 2/3 which a 3 is falling out. They had to do alot more butt repair than thought, and that is my problem. Can anyone tell me why I feel so bad in the night and AM? UGH~ and are backaches and nausea after eating normal? thanks!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register