No desire... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-13-2007, 09:07 AM
desperate also!!

I had my full abd hys in sept....it isnt that sex is painful...i just have no desire whatsoever!!!! I dont even have the desire to kiss my husband!!! What is wrong with me????
I stopped taking all hormones...they were causing me to have joint pain...I dont know which battle to fight anymore!!! Has anyone experienced this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 05:57 PM
No desire...

Same here! I have an appointment with my doctor on Friday afternoon to address this very issue - I'll let you know what he says.
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
No desire...

are you a mirror image of my life?? I feel the same way! DH says i need to call dr. I take Premarin .625, no hot flashes, just no desire!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2007, 03:06 PM
No desire...

newhyster06, (and others)

Desire, passion, response . . . these are all feelings that are regulated by chemistry. Note that I said "chemistry" not "attitude." You can have the right attitude or outlook and still get no physical response if you don't have the right chemistry.

Did you keep your ovaries? Your signature says TAH, which would indicate you kept the ovaries, but then you mentioned stopping HRT, which might mean you had a BSO (Bilateral Salpingo Oophorectomy- removal of both ovaries).

What many women (and their doctors) fail to appreciate is that the ovaries are also endocrine organs. The endocrine organs are the organs that make all the chemicals (hormones) the body needs to run on. These chemicals effect every single cell of our bodies, without exception- every cell needs some kind of chemical. (Without them we would die.) The primary endocrine organs that are responsible for most of our hormones (chemicals) are: hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroids, adrenals, pineal body and gonads. (Gonads are the ovaries in women and the testicles in men.) All of our endocrine organs work together to produce a very intricate, delicately balanced system that makes each one of us the unique individuals that we are. When it comes to our body chemistry, no two people are alike.

If we remove these organs from our body or if, for some reason, they fail (such as hysterectomy) our body chemistry will be altered. This is where hormone therapy comes in.

Unfortunately, hormone therapy is not an exact science and it can be the cause of much confusion, not only among patients, but medical professionals as well. This is why I think it's in our own best interest to learn as much as we possibly can for ourselves. Then you will be in a better position to discuss your needs and concerns with your doctor.

I found the books, "Your Guide to Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal and Hormone Replacement" by Dr. Elizabeth Plourde and "The Hysterectomy Hoax" by Dr. Stanley West to be very helpful for me in understanding what was happening in my body.

Also, the book, "Misinformed Consent" by Lise Cloutier-Steele helped me to realize I was not alone and that what happened to me was not, by any means, "rare" or "unusual." Sometimes learning that others have traveled the same road, can make the journey easier.

Suzanne Somers book, "Ageless" can give you a good idea of the power of hormones.

I know you said you stopped taking them because of the joint pain, but I would encourage you to take another look into this area . . . perhaps you were allergic to one of the ingredients and compounded hormones would be better for you. (That's what I take, and I couldn't live without them!) Joint pain is something that is often alleviated with hormone therapy, not caused by it, so I would advise getting to the root of that symptom.

It has taken me over 5 years to get my own, unique, body "formula" to the place it is now. I am not the person I was before the surgery, but I am a whole lot better than I was a few years ago. All because of the magic of "chemistry" and my compounded hormones.

This year, my doctor and I have worked with the testosterone and I am happy to report that for the first time since surgery (not counting the first few months after surgery, when I had my own hormones still stored and my body was all confused) I have the "desire" for men again. Still can't have orgasms, but that's another story. At least now, men are once again catching my interest. A little fact that I appreciate, and might help me keep from spending the rest of my life alone!

Best wishes to all of you,
Unread 03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Wink - No desire... No desire...

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My doctor put me on Estratest HS. This is my second week, and I'm starting to get that old familar feeling (if you know what I mean!). I guess I needed that little boost of testosterone?
Unread 03-29-2007, 04:56 PM
No desire...

I was on Estratest full strength and it gave me acne soo bad, I thought i was going thru puerby again.

My DR said Estratest is basically the only thing out there that has the testosterone in it.. I am on 1/2 strength now, so I am trying that.

I have been researching this compound pharmacy thing, but not having much luck with the find a doctor or pharmacy thing...The site's not very user friendly!

Anyway, good luck with the Estratest...we are all here for ya...

muah
Unread 03-29-2007, 06:23 PM
No desire...

I'm a big fan of compounded HRT, especially since I had sooo many problems with the big pharmaceutical companies products. My testosterone is seperate from my estrogens and progesterone. It comes in a cream and I can adjust the dosage. I too, get horrible acne if I use too much, so it can be a matter of trial and error before you get your own "formula" just right.

I get my prescriptions from Bellevue Pharmacy Solutions. They ship nationwide and have a very good physicians educational program. If you have a doctor who is interested in expanding his/her knowledge on compounded HRT, they are great to work with.

If you don't have a doctor, (or nurse practitioner) you can start by asking the compounded pharmacies in your area (phone book) which doctors they would recommend. Ask a lot of people. If you start getting the same names, then you can start interviewing these doctors over the phone to see if you think they would make a good fit for you. I'm reminding everyone that it's okay to interview doctors before deciding on one. Remember, they are supposed to be working WITH you to achieve your optimum health.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register